[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The Q/A is literally the first thing you should have read coming into this thread. We aren't acting like you're an idiot, we just said why that's a bad idea, and also what alternatives you already have.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• You might be a Gregtech Addict if:

You've worn a hazmat so constantly you forgot what your skin looks like. - Guilty

You advance to Tungstensteel just to make pipes. -So guilty

Other players won't go near your base because the pipes and wires lag them out. - Guilty!

Players complain they can't find clay because you made it all into lithium. - Guilty as hell! Mmm, 38 HV Lithium batteries and counting! (And 42 sodium, 4 cadmium)

Your server currency has become barrels/drums of nitro-diesel. - Guilty!

You actually make paper with a chemical bath. - Only one i'm innocent of!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Hey - Its a just game, and this is a forum to ask questions about it. If people are afraid to ask questions, then what is the point of having this forum .If you don't like the question - ignore it. Its not like someone is complaining.. Another thing. If you don't have anything positive to add, or constructive to add... then don't. Nobody needs to be treated like they are stupid for asking a question. So, RELAX and stop bullying people around.

But- it's in the Q/A. It's been answered before hundreds of times. It's sort of a sore topic by now.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• The best solution really is just to mine Aluminium Ore (which can be found alongside Bauxite Ore in veins that actually generate around surface level), macerate it and do various other things to it until you get Aluminium Dust (not impure, not crushed, just Dust), and feed that into an Industrial Blast Furnace constructed with 4 fully powered LV Energy Hatches (2 Amps current per Hatch), and then receive your Aluminium Ingots.

Thank you and the others for help. I wanted to increase the worldgen for aluminium in config, but it is obfuscated/hidden somehow, maybe it one of the ore.mix.custom? There are totally 16 of them in the config but I don't know which is the aluminum. Does somebody know?
    As I said I don't have all the time in the world to mine, I tried today but with no luck so I wanted to increase the oregen for aluminum and actually have fun.
    Thanks

• It is a mix ore, under Bauxite. Increase frequency of that = more common Aluminium. Actually I would suggest just increasing density, they're pretty common anyway.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Just a couple of questions on GT 5:

With the addition of new machines that added Forestry functionality, is there a machine or planned set of machines to create biomass or is the Forestry Fermenter the only way to generate biomass? I am looking for a GT way to generate some power with the overwhelming number of sampling from tree farms. The default Forestry is way OP.

Is there any processing or planned processing for the PFAA Oil Shale?

Also are there any plans to add processing for Fluorite (CaF2). It is mixed with sulfuric acid to form hydrogen fluorite where it is used in a chemical bath to extract Aluminum from ores.

• Is there a way to give Iridium ore a unique texture? Right now it looks very similar to tin and iron ore.

I know how to change the texture of ores, but that changses all of them and not just a specific one.

• Mostly just lurk, but had to post to say I haven't had this much fun mining in Minecraft in a long LONG time! This oregen is absolutely phenomenal. You didn't hit a home run, no baby you hit a grandslam! I am having a blast. Finding that new vein is like christmas. When I start hooking up rail lines to all this, good night sweetheart... Choo, Choo! :D

o/\o Well done mate.

• Mostly just lurk, but had to post to say I haven't had this much fun mining in Minecraft in a long LONG time! This oregen is absolutely phenomenal. You didn't hit a home run, no baby you hit a grandslam! I am having a blast. Finding that new vein is like christmas. When I start hooking up rail lines to all this, good night sweetheart... Choo, Choo! :D

o/\o Well done mate.

glad that you're enjoying GT's oregen as much as i do.
    I've had a literal blast while mining a GT vein with IC ~500 dynamites. Outcome of about 1200 ores. Lots of fun explosions.

Also you should join #GregTech / #Industrial-craft, where you can ask me any question about IC2, GT and any other IC2 addon.
    The forum Shoutbox is also a good option since it doesnt depend on me being online.

• Is there way getting biomass by using gregtech machines?

Nope, the only thing GT can do is macerating things to get biochaff. You need to use IC2's technology to get biomass and transform it into biogas, and then you can't use it in GT's generators.
    We hope GT support for IC2 biomass/biogas will come soon, some of us has been harassing Greg to add compatibility. :p