[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Is your multiblock formed properly? As in, what does the control block say when you open its GUI? Is the muffler hatch obstructed? Wait, right-clicking the control block with a soft hammer doesn't make a sound and show the "machine processing enabled" text? Are you sure you're using a soft hammer? Because it should show that text regardless of whether the multiblock is operable. Does the soft hammer work for disabling any other GT machines?

• Is your multiblock formed properly? As in, what does the control block say when you open its GUI? Is the muffler hatch obstructed? Wait, right-clicking the control block with a soft hammer doesn't make a sound and show the "machine processing enabled" text? Are you sure you're using a soft hammer? Because it should show that text regardless of whether the multiblock is operable. Does the soft hammer work for disabling any other GT machines?

Iirc a key phrase to look for is "Structure incomplete", usually indicating you messed up the multiblock.

You probably have a block where its not allowed to go (yesterday I tried to place a muffler at the bottom-back of the blast furnace, when it absolutely must be top-center)

• Just use 2 railcraft anchors and there is your "interdimensional" stuff.

That works, thanks. Maybe you even know how you can make it load only one chunk? I do not see this option in configs.

• watch this video to see a guide how to build one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sgcTCm_FII

• @ Sailren

watch this video to see a guide how to build one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sgcTCm_FII

So this is concerning. If I clean up my mod pack and leave only GT/IC2/NEI, it does work - by exploding immediately lol!

However back to my pack containing some 100 mods soft hammer does nothing. Bizzarro. I guess I'll have to investigate.
    So I know this isn't GT's fault but anyone got a clue what could cause that?

• @ Sailren

So this is concerning. If I clean up my mod pack and leave only GT/IC2/NEI, it does work - by exploding immediately lol!

However back to my pack containing some 100 mods soft hammer does nothing. Bizzarro. I guess I'll have to investigate.
    So I know this isn't GT's fault but anyone got a clue what could cause that?

If you remove half of the suspicious mods at a time, it should only take 7 iterations until you narrow it down to the exact mod.

• Greg, some mods add shardBlah where shard is the equivalent of a nugget for gems. In particular you can get them from some bees. However GregTech lets me process them into an entire dust which increases the output by 9x, which is rather overpowered.

• Greg, some mods add shardBlah where shard is the equivalent of a nugget for gems. In particular you can get them from some bees. However GregTech lets me process them into an entire dust which increases the output by 9x, which is rather overpowered.

Because shardBlah is a full gem in Thaumcraft which came first.

• TPPI has been on FTB for months; it's not an official Technic pack really

Well, it's on their launcher without needing a code, which they almost never do.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• question on the GT ore veins. How are people finding them now?

Blockmaster and I are making a pack and combining the older style ore gen with the gt veins. I only played 1.7 for a couple weeks though. The last I knew people here said to dig vertical tunnels every 48 blocks to find a vein. Is that still the popular method? Block said caving works for him, but I was curious what other people were doing.

We want the veins to be kind of rare, but not impossible to find.

I also read SatanicSanta say here that the key to GT 1.7 is 'quarrying', and we are trying to nerf quarrying. We already have it set up so hand mining works like people expect, but quarries will net you half of the ores than a typical pack, so we don't want the ore veins to promote quarrying, we want to promote exploration to find them. If we make them rarer overall though, will it be impossible to find any?