[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The New E-Net in the config is quite similar to the old system. The power loss, voltage, and current systems are working, there's just still no boom yet. I hope Greg switches back to using the normal e-net when it's done, perhaps also with a config to disable IC2 cables to prevent working around the major loss of GT cables.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• I'd also like it if GregTech had electric lights for the new GT5 enet. I'd rather have lights that draw power then light blocks like torches or "electric" lights that never eat up fuel or power, thus are infinite.

• I'd also like it if GregTech had electric lights for the new GT5 enet. I'd rather have lights that draw power then light blocks like torches or "electric" lights that never eat up fuel or power, thus are infinite.

I agree.... Greg, why can't we power street lights, building and home lights with real power? Some new lighting is in order! :)

There is another mod in Beta right now, that looks awesome, called Electrical Age, that uses EU, and has some light. But more interesting, they have a new wiring system for running on walls with switchs and relays... kind of like wiring a real house would be. It also adds a ton of cool gizmos and gadgets! Combine this with the Power Converters mod, and you can utilize it with Gregtech's Power systems as well as most any other power system. You can also use IC2's Enet - but thats a beta, and I'm not too familiar with it yet.

Greg... Love the idea of running a city-wide power grid and lighting things up and controlling it with redstone signals and devices - maybe this is what the new Ultra Low voltage could be for? Would be awesome either way... some Street lamps, Some Light fixtures. Some wall switches. Hell yeah! Ok... i'm officially foaming at the mouth now.

:D:D:D:D:D

The post was edited 3 times, last by chloe ().

• IC2 E-Net only generator -> IC2 cable / batbox -> GT Transformer -> GT E-Net. I believe I said that in my previous post.

As for "converting back to IC2 enet", it's more like just not converting forward to the GregTech E-Net until you need to use it to power GT machines. Particularly because the IC2 cable burnout and machine explosions have been disabled since last year, you can throw around all the power you want on IC2 cables, until those systems get fixed.

As for the inconsistencies between the GT and IC2 E-Nets, blame player and Thunderdark for trying to re-write the entire IC2 E-Net code last year. Up until Minecraft 1.6, one year ago, IC2 used a Voltage-Amperage system. But because player and Thunderdark decided to change the way the IC2 E-Net worked, and rewrite most of the code for it, and Greg preferred the old way of making it work, there will be slight inconsistencies between the two systems.

As for cramped spaces, a cable and a transformer take up the same amount of space, so they can't make things any more cramped than they already are. And if you're having a problem of not wanting to put a GT transformer next to any other cables, just slap a cover (any random metal plate really) on the side of that transformer, and it won't connect on that side.

• I heard tinker does not work well with GT, should i avoid using tinkerer construct when i have GT mod?

There is no compatibility between them; Tinker's Construct ingots and GT ingots of the same metals may or may not work in the same recipes, and if you have Natura, Natura wood and planks ignore the GT wood -> planks / saw nerf.
    If you do use them together, we'll still talk to you, but nobody on the Tinker's Construct side will accept any bug reports you find.
    (This is all the result of several conflicts between the creators of Tinker's Construct and GregTech, the last of which was about a year ago.)

Overall though, the two mods conflict in theme and, with the 1.7 meta-tool system, purpose. You could put them in a pack together (and there's an experimental mod out there called Tinker's Gregworks that is explicitly designed to make the two mods compatible), but in the end it might be a bit of a waste.

• Greg, this is even worse, when I use concrete on a carpenter's block it manages to retain the low friction but not the speedup so it feels all slow like ice!
    Please Greg, why do you do this to us.

I didn't do this to you. I use the vanilla ice functionality + a collision check which requires a nonfull block (like Soulsand) for this. If the Carpenters Blocks are fully sized Blocks then the Concrete cannot work codewise at all. There is no way of making that work like one would expect without making Concrete a TileEntity, what in turn would disable the Carpenters Variant entirely.

Also to your Concrete Border request: Try walking on a Street with one Foot on the Road and the other Foot on the slightly higher Sidewalk. Do you really think you should be faster by doing that?

-----

And I made another new Machine, the Sifting Machine, where you insert purified crushed Ores to get Gems out of. This Machine is needed since I add all 5 kinds of Gems (so the 4 TFC ones + the regular ones) to the Game in the next Version, and they should be obtainable without having to mine the small Ores (which can drop those new Gems too).

If you got an Exquisite Gem you can hammer it into 2 Flawless Gems, and a Flawless Gem can be hammered into 2 regular Gems, then also regular => 2 flawed, and flawed => 2 chipped aswell.

Chipped and Flawed Gems are pretty much useless. The only thing you can do to those is macerating them into small piles of Dust.

The Machine itself has up to 9 different Outputs, even though only 6 are used for now (5 Gems + 1 Dust, all six of them with different output chances). If a Material doesn't have all 5 kinds of Gems, because it is just Lapis or Quartz, it will just output the regular Gem Form instead in all 5 individual Slots.

• The next Version will also kill those pesky Animal Pens, which cause Servers to go down by checking if there are too many Mobs inside the collision box of each other and then inflicting 1 Heart of Damage every 100 ticks until the "Problem" of too many Mobs is solved.

• Damnit Greg, you keep making this next version sound so exciting, we're all gonna starve to death over here from no GT updates D:

greggy_greg_do_please_kindly_stuff_an_update_in_it? :rolleyes:

• I wonder why do we lose material when we craft a gear by hand? I mean using a wrench on something shouldn't vanish that much of material into nothing. Pipes preserve their material even if they hand crafted. So a little change please like 6 Ingots for gears?

• I wonder why do we lose material when we craft a gear by hand? I mean using a wrench on something shouldn't vanish that much of material into nothing. Pipes preserve their material even if they hand crafted. So a little change please like 6 Ingots for gears?

It's not that hand crafting the gears is less efficient, it's that hand crafting the gear parts is less efficient. You could make a gear out of 4 plates and 4 rods (4x1+4x0.5=6 ingots), but those plates and rods can only be made at half efficiency without machinery.

Well, when you work on material there is probably some amount of metal dust generated. Like when hitting a metal ingot with a hammer - probably few atoms will fall of on the ground, then they will be scattered by wind and it will be pretty much impossible to collect them. Well, unless Greg implements something like this:

http://www.jet-power.com/products/320-10.jpg

But on the other hand - if you had a machine that is tightly closed, then collecting all metal dust is a lot easier.

• Hello, how much voltage can possible give each side of (2048 to 512) transformer if it takes Eu from MFE? Can't figure it out. And how much voltage eats one machine? It is not 1V for all machines as it seems.

But guys, i seriously can not find clear information explaining this. And reading 2k+ pages is too hard.

• Sorry, that was stupid, i wanted to ask about amperage: how much amperage can give 2048 to 512 transformer from each side, and what machines use more then 1A?