[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I saw one other person posted on here with this issue, so I'll share what I've learned:

Crash Log:
    http://pastebin.com/V6ZWghPU

Full Forge Log (pastebin doesn't like 18MB files apparently):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0387…vsl/fml-client-1.log?dl=0

Gregtech 5.05.13
    Biomes 0' Plenty 2.1.0.1004
    Forge 10.13.2.1224, 1230

I know that there's some kind of conflict between the Gregtech world generation and the Biomes O' Plenty world generation. If you remove either, the issue goes away entirely. I'm planning on posting the same information on their github, but I wanted to make sure the people here were aware, and to see if Greg could take a look and rule out an issue on his side.

• Keep in mind that you don't need much tech to make your own diamonds either. Mortar & Pestle (or hammer) + Coal -> 64 coal dust + 8 flint -> 8 coal chunks + compressor -> Coal lump + obsidian + compressor = Diamond! (Industrial diamonds can be put in an empty crafting grid to make regular vanilla diamonds)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Pretty sure you need the implosion compressor for that, axlegear.

Or... no implosion compressor yet? I haven't looked in a while.

• Pretty sure you need the implosion compressor for that, axlegear.

Or... no implosion compressor yet? I haven't looked in a while.

It *should* require the Implosion Compressor (and yes that does exist), but for whatever reason the config line that allows for Compression of ic2.itemPartCoalChunk defaults to True.

• Nope. I do it all the time- just did, in fact. No implosion compressor needed. Just a compressor.
    At the very minimum you'd need a mortar+pestle, a way to wash powders, and a steam compressor. I can confirm this.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Anyway to get the old IC2 machine recipes back? Especially seeing as Greg tech has it's own power system now.

Why would you ever want the old IC2 machines? Anyway, all the disabled recipes are in the config, so you can un-disable them.

• @Hanako: I usually don't make dusts, I smelt the crushed ore, so I get 20 nuggets p/ore.

At the beggining, you need the dusts to make bronze dust by combining them..
    (So you need to smelt and then make dusts, making smelter dropping you one operation)

• Nope. I do it all the time- just did, in fact. No implosion compressor needed. Just a compressor.
    At the very minimum you'd need a mortar+pestle, a way to wash powders, and a steam compressor. I can confirm this.

When I said "It *should*", that was in reference to vision and intent rather than actuality, which is why I expressed confusion as to why it can be done with a mere compressor by default.

• I met some server admins refusing to add GregTech to their modpack because of "unstabillity and frequent changes" recently.
    Is there any idea to split GregTech to stable & unchanging and, uhm, "developing" parts?
    Or, divide it by technology? Bronze Age, Liquids, Magnetic Processing?

• I met some server admins refusing to add GregTech to their modpack because of "unstabillity and frequent changes" recently.

Which unstability? Everything is pretty stable to me and I havent seen any serious Bugs in ages. And which frequent changes? I just add things and logical usage for said things.

Is there any idea to split GregTech to stable & unchanging and, uhm, "developing" parts?

How about you download one Version and don't update? Seriously, it is that fucking easy.

• It's a choice between "Oh man, this thing takes forever to update, look at all these bugs that still aren't fixed!" Or "Oh man, this thing updates so fast, I can't keep my modpack up to date!"

The latter can wasily solved by sticking on one version until you feel the need to update, or you encounter a critical bug. The former cannot be solved.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• At the beggining, you need the dusts to make bronze dust by combining them..
    (So you need to smelt and then make dusts, making smelter dropping you one operation)

Oh, I prefer to smelt first, then make dusts. I find that way easier than crushing->crushing again->washing, and I gain one ingot every 9 crushed ores.

I knew that I could make diamonds quite soon, but I thought that Greg had changed that; If you still can make it on the compressor, way better, I hope that don't change. So I can choose between looking for Diamonds or gather a stack of coal, or do both :D . I like chooses.
    Still will need a lvl 3 pickaxe to get obsidium, thought...

• I think that there are other sources, but using 32v machines, we can only extract it from salt. So, I don't find any, no re-batteries.
    They are very useful to get the first aluminum on the Electric Blast furnace.

Or, divide it by technology? Bronze Age, Liquids, Magnetic Processing?

Before people attack this guy, notice he said server admins refusing to add GT, not his own opinion. Not everyone is super tech savvy, he is apparently trusting the opinion of the admins.

This line of thought comes from FTB and imo jadedcat. They push the 'GT isn't safe, thats why we wont add it to ftb packs' so server admins pick up on this. But the reality is that they dont want to remind players how easy and simple their other packs are. 0_o

GT also adds more headaches for server admins. "Hey admin, my (insert gt machine here) wont work and im sure its a bug.' Then the admin warps there and finds out they just did things wrong.

Being an admin for RF based packs makes for less headaches.

• Being a server admin how want to keep things in GregTechs way is kind of a fight against the crowd.

Anyway, does anybody know a simple server side mod to disable enderman from block picking and if not how do i create a server side only mod in 1.7.10?

• Being a server admin how want to keep things in GregTechs way is kind of a fight against the crowd.

Anyway, does anybody know a simple server side mod to disable enderman from block picking and if not how do i create a server side only mod in 1.7.10?

/gamerule mobGriefing false

Disables creeper explosions too, but hey

Now you see me, now you don't...