[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The next Version will have a bunch of API changes. Including an improved Recycling System for Items. Here a small example of things I added.

• I, too, am running a Gregtech server.

Anyone here able to do simple mods? I am looking to have a few Gregtech-themed, purely aesthetic blocks made. (They use GT items to make, but don't actually do anything, just there for decoration). I would be willing to recompensate for the work done if reasonable.

There is a mod called Custom Stuff 2 that will let you do that.

• Still have not figured out how some people like TE and TiC, i mean it's not enough thinking to be worth it. I had a test world where i only played TE and TiC, so i got not much respect anymore to those mods (like i even had any) anymore at all (they are just too horrible for me) i wan't to know how someone would make those into a instresting modpack they are just cheaty mods that are consuming mods (extra utilityes you guess it a RF generators that everybody uses) in to a dull grey mesh for me. So that is the main thing why i like Gregtech Because it's not dull enough for me and the community is also amazing.

• Still have not figured out how some people like TE and TiC, i mean it's not enough thinking to be worth it. I had a test world where i only played TE and TiC, so i got not much respect anymore to those mods (like i even had any) anymore at all (they are just too horrible for me) i wan't to know how someone would make those into a instresting modpack they are just cheaty mods that are consuming mods (extra utilityes you guess it a RF generators that everybody uses) in to a dull grey mesh for me. So that is the main thing why i like Gregtech Because it's not dull enough for me and the community is also amazing.

TE, TiC, Extra Utilities and other mods that are tuned differently than GT are great for other styles of gameplay. Look at modpacks such as CrashLanding, Agrarian Skies, CrackPack. Or other packs that are centered around survival, fighting against hordes of mobs etc. Minecraft isn't just about GT and factory building. So be careful with that "GT is superior to everything" attitude. Just because you like something doesn't mean it's any better than other things.

• TE, TiC, Extra Utilities and other mods that are tuned differently than GT are great for other styles of gameplay. Look at modpacks such as CrashLanding, Agrarian Skies, CrackPack. Or other packs that are centered around survival, fighting against hordes of mobs etc. Minecraft isn't just about GT and factory building. So be careful with that "GT is superior to everything" attitude. Just because you like something doesn't mean it's any better than other things.

It is my opinion and i know my attidute is pretty bad but is not the community for sharing your opinion and ideas ? and yes but some things in minecraft are not for everyone but there is many aspects that i like but you don't and many that you like but i don't like but still i think it is better and many other opinions are against it but i really can't say those mods are bad but they are not for me (i like factory building, those mods don't require as complex and fun factories as i like) Gregtech is a thinking man's mod those mods are more for more "casual"(i just hate many people and i still think those mods are over-rated) users. But hey i wan't to be EVIL against everyone hahaha, Clearly not, but still don't kill anyone, please.

• There is a mod called Custom Stuff 2 that will let you do that.

Unless i'm reading this wrong, this is not really intended for use in Forge or anything else, as it goes on and on about very old versions and how it doesn't work in modloaders, and all changes/info are saved directly into the minecraft.jar. This is definitely not useable.. in fact I don't see it possible to even use in Forge alongside Gregtech, much less make mods for it??

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Unless i'm reading this wrong, this is not really intended for use in Forge or anything else, as it goes on and on about very old versions and how it doesn't work in modloaders, and all changes/info are saved directly into the minecraft.jar. This is definitely not useable.. in fact I don't see it possible to even use in Forge alongside Gregtech, much less make mods for it??

My god no, you're reading really old information. It works fine with any Forge mods, and doesn't require any minecraft.jar modifying at all any more. It used to, but only back in pre 1.2.5

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Optifine technically counts as one right now, since 1.8 and stuff.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I wanted to ask about Aqua pickaxe. Is that even balanced? Too easy to get, no tech tree progression required. Vanila way of obtaining Fortune 3 enchant is a LOT harder (2 diamonds, 30 lvls and no guarantee that it will work). Even thaumium requires some tech tree progression (in thaumcraft).

The only downside of that material is low durability of 6400 (1/3 of bronze). But if you don't waste it on mining stone and use it only on small ores and gems then by the time it breaks you will find a couple of Aqua clusters. I was collecting all gems with Aqua pickaxe and ended up with 4 stacks of Aqua shards right now (and 5 stacks of each of other type of thaumcraft shards). Oh, and that "lvl 3" mining level will guarantee that you will not find gems that you cannot mine.

I think it should require assembling machine to make. Or some other GT machinery.

• Okay then my GoogleFu has failed and I can't seem to freaking locate squat up to date info about Custom Stuff 2

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Latest documentation for it :)

Files

I see this too much.

• Is there a way to repair mining drills?

It is weird that a mining drill tool would completely fall apart when durability becomes zero. I have tried combining it with another fresh drill of a same type but no-go.