[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hey, Greg, will you return your complicated crop harvester? This IC2 harvester is crazy shit.

Why? The IC2 one is fine for harvesting crops, what more are you wanting?

Damn ninja

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So I've got GT and IC2e for 1.7.10, and it keeps freezing right at the point of load where it says...
    "(gregtech.loaders.oreprocessing.ProcessingDust:registerOre:121): Quicksilver Dust?, To melt that, you don't even need a Furnace..."

I gave it plenty of time to complete, left it on for like 10 minutes, still nothing. No crash reports or anything, it just freezes.

Anyone able to help me out?

• Add Thaumcraft. It has some resource transmutation/duplication that may be interesting.
    Clay included.

I want to play with little amount of mods and it will be too easy to play with Thaumcraft. And I don't like magic mods.

Ic2's Crop Harvester is way better than GT's one was, what are you complaining about?

Why? The IC2 one is fine for harvesting crops, what more are you wanting?Damn ninja

Previous harvester was hard to create, you know, diamonds, a sharp wheel, upgrades, harvest only one line and consumed many EUs. And what is know? 10x10 area, costs 2 shears, requires little energy and have big storage. Where is my hardcore?

Why does steam macerators makes stone dust from cobblestone and electric - sand?
    Why does gregs' steam machines does not consume "ic2steam"?

• So I've got GT and IC2e for 1.7.10, and it keeps freezing right at the point of load where it says...
    "(gregtech.loaders.oreprocessing.ProcessingDust:registerOre:121): Quicksilver Dust?, To melt that, you don't even need a Furnace..."

I gave it plenty of time to complete, left it on for like 10 minutes, still nothing. No crash reports or anything, it just freezes.

Anyone able to help me out?

Did you maybe look ar your log and saw a permgenspace Error? If I had evidence that this was the case you would be banned right now, because that is mentioned in the Q/A since ages.

try to disable ic2 Support in ex nihilo or change recipes with minetweaker for the time being

Please try to be helpful. This Error cannot be solved by Minetweaker at all. Disabling exnihilo support for IC2 in its Config might work.

Crashing with latest 1.7.10-5.06.02 update, had to Rollback to 1.7.10-5.06.00

When I try the latest version 1.7.10-5.06.02 I get this Crash

Is GregTech mentioned in the Error Log? This Error is not my fault, go and bug the Mod mentioned in that Error.

• Did you maybe look ar your log and saw a permgenspace Error? If I had evidence that this was the case you would be banned right now, because that is mentioned in the Q/A since ages.

No it's not a permgenspace error, I've already allocated enough. There's nothing in the log that says permgenspace error.
    Loading with GT freezes, loading without GT does not freeze.

I love GT and would love to get it to work in my pack, even if it means a longer load.

• You sure you allocated permgenspace and not ram? Even I confused that one in the past.

Also, try to start the Game and wait an Hour. If it then doesn't start and you don't have a Potato as Computer, then it might be a Bug, but it certainly does not freeze, it keeps running and if you abort before it is done, then it is your fault.

• My Food Items call the same Functions the vanilla Food Items call, so HO and SoL either check for an "instanceof ItemFood" what is a not so good but working Idea, or there is something else broken

Sorry for late response to the reply regarding the food. Squeek told me to direct you to: https://github.com/squeek502/A…food-items-with-AppleCore

• Please try to be helpful. This Error cannot be solved by Minetweaker at all. Disabling exnihilo support for IC2 in its Config might work.

Is GregTech mentioned in the Error Log? This Error is not my fault, go and bug the Mod mentioned in that Error.

Sorry Greg. The problem WAS Exnihilio. Funny that it was fine until the recent upgrade though... why do these type of things happen this way? When that happens, I am confused as to which person to report it. I know it said that in the error report, but yet the problem didn't happen until the recent upgrade of Gregtech. And that was the only file I changed in weeks. Until then, it was fine. Is this because sometimes an upgrade can exploit a bug in another mods code? When this happens, I always feel like a ping pong ball as to which mod maker I am to report it too. Its like trying to get the trash man to take away a broken refrigerator I put out on the street curb.

The trick Sailren mentioned, worked!

In the Config file for Exnihilio I changed these settings from True to False and it booted right up with the newer Gregtech file installed.

"compatibility options" {
    B:"overwrite default macerator recipes"=true
    B:"overwrite default pulverizer recipes"=true

}

Change them to FALSE and it works perfect. I'll send report over to Mod maker.

:thumbsup:

• I found something interesting for people who use TE along with GT.
    I like to run various test, especially regarding cross mod compatibility, and I found this:

If you macerate an ore with GT macerator, you get the Crushed Ore. If you macerate the ore with TE pulverizer, you directly get the clean dust (pulverized dust to be precise, which unifies shortly to GT pure dust). That's no news, however, if you do not take out the pulverized dusts from the TE pulverizer, exit the client and load it again, then after looking in the TE pulverizer GUI you will see that you have crushed ores instead of pulverized dusts.

It doesn't look like this is anything wrong on GT side. I'm not reporting this as a bug so Greg, calm down.

Wondering what causes this probably makes no sense to me, since my java knowledge comes down to being aware of try and catch statements' existance.

• Added note; I can't download anything my browsers donot work so I use a flash drive. I'm glad I have this phone. Otherwise I couldn't do anything

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• All I use are furnaces and they are fast

Of course they are. Lemming couldn't let other mods do anything better, could he? Ive seen people say 'I still use IC2 for the speed' easily 100 times or more. For people just strictly comparing ic2 vs TE in a pack, they would say TE was more user friendly (read: easy to use) but ic2 still offered faster machines.

• im a experimental user and i always experiment with different client setups. i still dont understand why i still use TE. iirc i dont need te to get rf stuff. can somebody give me some ideas which machine could replace te stuff or give me some advantages over te (gt of course), so i have a reason to get rid of it? i tried to figure this out with Speiger, but he doesn't like gt (one reason would be; greg just copies stuff), so this is not going to work

greetz Marcel

@greg: tolle mod hast du da, bin stolz auf dich :)

• im a experimental user and i always experiment with different client setups. i still dont understand why i still use TE. iirc i dont need te to get rf stuff. can somebody give me some ideas which machine could replace te stuff or give me some advantages over te (gt of course), so i have a reason to get rid of it? i tried to figure this out with Speiger, but he doesn't like gt (one reason would be; greg just copies stuff), so this is not going to work

greetz Marcel

@greg: tolle mod hast du da, bin stolz auf dich :)

Tell us what TE has that you don't know of a GT replacement for, and we'll tell you what the GT replacement is.

• There are 3 things I can think of right now that TE has that we don't have GT replacements for.

The first is the Autonomous Activator. But at the same time, the way GT machinery and philosophy work, if you would need an Autonomous Activator in your factory you're probably doing it wrong.
    The second is Tesseracts, except for vanilla Nether Portal-Rail networks or Applied Energistics Quantum Bridges.
    The third is actual fluid storage tanks. The best we have is really big pipes, or outsourcing to Railcraft.

• one thing i can think of for tanks is extra cells mod, for tesseracts there is the dimension thing from enderio. regarding te, i think all machines.

• Redstone Furnace = Electric Furnace, Microwave
    Pulverizer = Extractor, Universal Macerator, [production chain containing some combination of] Ore Washing Plant, Chemical Bath, Centrifuge, Thermal Centrifuge, Electromagnetic Separator, Electrolyzer
    Aqueous Accumulator = Drain cover, or Reed Farm + IC2 Harvester + Electrolyzer, EDIT 3: SpwnX's "Snowman Rape System"
    Sawmill = Cutting Saw
    Induction Smelter = Alloy Smelter, Electric Blast Furnace
    Magma Crucible = Unnecessary; Fluid Extractor (requires Forestry) if you really need to just make lava for some reason
    Fluid Transposer = Canning Machine, Fluid Canner, Fluid Extractor, Fluid Solidifier
    Glacial Precipitator = Vacuum Freezer
    Igneous Extruder = Rock Breaker
    Cyclic Assembler = <Actually I don't know, has the GT Autocrafting table been re-added yet? my NEI search is bugging out>, Assembling Machine, Metal Bender
    Energetic Infuser = Battery Buffers, Lockers
    Itemducts / Fluiducts = Pipes
    Terrain Smasher = IC2 Miner
    Nullifier = <a hole full of lava, a flaming block of netherrack, SirusKing>

And there's like 30 other GT machines that have functions completely unlike anything in Thermal Expansion.

Edit: And no machine listed here (except the Electric Furnace) serves only the purpose fulfilled by the Thermal Expansion machine. All of them have other recipes or functions.
    Edit 2: The Pulverizer has so many machines that fill its job because GT allows a single block of ore to potentially produce three, four, five, or in some cases even more by-products (as opposed to the Pulverizer's 1 by-product), and many ore dusts can be broken down further into their component elements, and/or have multiple possible processing chains, each of which yield different by-products.