[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I found a nice Exploit to make Nether Portals with the Lighter on Mars/Moon too jump Back not need a Rocket :P

You can use https://github.com/Beyond-Reality/BeyondRealityCore to black list any block in any dimension an example https://github.com/Beyond-Real…nnedBlocksByDimension.xml Last I looked depending on the mod loaded there is a lot of ways to exploit lighting a portal. Also a updated ore charts http://www.beyondrealitypack.com/ore-gen/

• Does GregTech include a way to destroy liquids?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• You can use https://github.com/Beyond-Reality/BeyondRealityCore to black list any block in any dimension an example https://github.com/Beyond-Real…nnedBlocksByDimension.xml Last I looked depending on the mod loaded there is a lot of ways to exploit lighting a portal. Also a updated ore charts http://www.beyondrealitypack.com/ore-gen/

Ok i try.

Thanks

• Hello!

I have some questions about concrete.
    First - In previous versions of Gregtech concrete can be put in spray cans wich was very handy and usefull, but now we have to use crude ic devices. Will the concrete filled spray cans return? Or maybe gregrtech have other handy way to work with concrete?
    Second - In current version of gregtech added frames. In frames discription written that concrete could be applyed to it, but i cant find a way to do it. Also concrete can be used to hide wires in walls, can i place wires inside the frame and apply concrete to it?

• Sort of. There is a meta-tool which removes up to 1000 liters of liquid from a machine. I just don't remember it's name.

Got problems with hazardous waste? Just pour it out, it's the gregtech way. :P

Speaking of liquids though, is there a way to use pumps to create a sustainable/renewable source of water?

• Hello!

First - In previous versions of Gregtech concrete can be put in spray cans wich was very handy and usefull, but now we have to use crude ic devices. Will the concrete filled spray cans return? Or maybe gregrtech have other handy way to work with concrete?
    Second - In current version of gregtech added frames. In frames discription written that concrete could be applyed to it, but i cant find a way to do it. Also concrete can be used to hide wires in walls, can i place wires inside the frame and apply concrete to it?

Ok first of all, youre talking about construction foam right? The new GT adds a concrete block, i think there is some GT machines that make CF, and of course the new GT lacks a bit of polish and features (is still fully playeable in survival).

second of all, i don't think you can add CF to those (of course i am probably wrong with this) they are mostly for crafting and covers.

• Sort of. There is a meta-tool which removes up to 1000 liters of liquid from a machine. I just don't remember it's name.

That would be the Plunger. Its main use is to un-clog clogged pipes.

Hello!

You may be confusing Concrete with IC2 Construction Foam. C-Foam can be applied with the IC2 C-Foam Sprayer, and (IIRC) can be applied to Frame Boxes to create Reinforced Construction Foam. Additionally, C-Foam can be placed around IC2 Cables.
    To hide GregTech cables and pipes, put Plates on them as covers.

Light/Dark Concrete are different blocks that behave completely differently from C-Foam. Concrete blocks do not have full block hitboxes; they use the Soul Sand reduced hitbox, but while Soul Sand slows you down, Concrete speeds you up, so building Concrete roads or floors can make getting around your base much easier. (Also, certain Concrete varieties block mob spawns.)

Speaking of liquids though, is there a way to use pumps to create a sustainable/renewable source of water?

Using Pumps when you have Finite Water turned on, no there is not a way. However, you can use GregTech Drain Covers placed on the tops of machines and pipes to slowly generate Water during rain. Using other measures, there's a couple of dusts (notably Sugar) that can be Electrolyzed to produce Water. (We had a guy back in 1.6 who built an entire sugar cane farm and electrolyzer factory to generate his water.)

• Using Pumps when you have Finite Water turned on, no there is not a way. However, you can use GregTech Drain Covers placed on the tops of machines and pipes to slowly generate Water during rain. Using other measures, there's a couple of dusts (notably Sugar) that can be Electrolyzed to produce Water. (We had a guy back in 1.6 who built an entire sugar cane farm and electrolyzer factory to generate his water.)

I'm not sure if I have finite water on, haven't managed to find any config for that, except for the one in bc that is of. Managed to get a bc pump to pump water from the ocean now though, seems I just didn't power it enough.

• I'm not sure if I have finite water on, haven't managed to find any config for that, except for the one in bc that is of. Managed to get a bc pump to pump water from the ocean now though, seems I just didn't power it enough.

There is a config for finite water in codechikencore configs.

• This is kinda weird, both of those configs are set to infinite water, water is infinite if I scoop it up with a bucket, yet both ic and bc pumps vacuum all the water out of a 2x2 pool.

Thus I assumed greg had something to do with it.

• Playing GT with infinite water is something like Playing football on motorcycle

If you have railcraft, you can have rain tanks
    Also Forestry has some water from rain
    Also BC has water wells (similar to oil wells) - generating source blocks when you remove it
    GT has rain covers

Water is resource as any other....you also dont have infinite iron or infinite coal without any effort.

EDIT: @Above : BC has its own config for water pumping, I think default is that BC pump destroys source bloks by pumping...look for it into BC config....the problem with 2x2 pool is that pump will take 2 source blocks before the first get regenerated, so bigger pool helps in this. Or just play with finite water :)

• RC has very cheap and cheat way to generate inf. water. Btw, there is tooons of mods that generating water from nowhere.

• Hey everyone,

we got an "problem" on the RETv7 Server.

Seems that GT change the explosion and the hardness of blocks.
    To craft a few items you need to place them in the world and destroy it (for example Factorization Diamond Shard) with TNT. But some materials surviving this explosion.
    The config "B:harderstone=false" option is right so.
    Any idea who we can change this?

Some infos:
    Reference1: https://github.com/BakermanLP/…/69#issuecomment-64875130
    Reference2: https://github.com/BakermanLP/ModpackProjectRETv7/issues/153
    GT-Version: gregtech_1.7.10-5.06.04 (cannot use the 5.06.05 cause the fluid crash in it)
    IC2-Version: industrialcraft-2-2.2.654-experimental

Test with Iron, Gold, Diamond, Obsidian Block and TNT
    NEI+IC2 = Only Obsidian survive
    NEI+IC2+GT = Iron + Diamond survive

Infos about the Modpack like Configs, Mods included and others are there -> https://github.com/BakermanLP/ModpackProjectRETv7

• Suppose I have ore "O1" from some mod "M" and Gregtech automatically creates recipes for that ore and will automaticaly convert that ore in player inventory to GT version of that ore. Is it possible to make GregTech ignore that ore version (from that mod only), so it does not use that ore version in recipes and does not convert it to GT version?

I have read the FAQ and there is no info about it.

• Playing GT with infinite water is something like Playing football on motorcycle

Fucking awesome you mean? :P I think that infinite water is pretty easy to justify, the ocean has a ton of water, it can usually be accessed from aquifer, but that's hard to model in minecraft though, so therefore infinite water is an ok trade off.

Since it seems finite water is a thing in gregtech, there should be a way to re-condensate 'used' steam to get the water back. MAybe I should put that in the suggestions thread, or has it been rejected?

• Thank you very much. Good to know, that a GregoriusT works also on GitHub.

BTW ... why is quoting here in this forum kind of ... sorry to say that ... buggy? Works only in 1 of 5 times

Whenever you quote and the Quote doesn't appear in the Text Editor, just press F5 to reload the Page.

Suppose I have ore "O1" from some mod "M" and Gregtech will automaticaly convert that ore in player inventory to GT version of that ore.

This does never happen since Blocks don't get unificated, only Items, and Ores are Blocks.

Is it possible to make GregTech ignore that ore version (from that mod only), so it does not use that ore version in recipes and does not convert it to GT version?#

Nope it is not. The OreDict says it is equal to other similar Ores and I do as the OreDict told me if the Syntax is right.