[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Try adding this to your start command. -XX:PermSize=256m It looks like you are running out of heap space not ram.

The PermSize argument controls PermGen space. Heap space is controlled by the -Xmx argument.

ferrelas: yes, -Xmx4G should be enough to prevent this.

• The PermSize argument controls PermGen space. Heap space is controlled by the -Xmx argument.

ferrelas: yes, -Xmx4G should be enough to prevent this.

That was what I thought too, both regarding the arguments and heap size ;)

I've just recreated my base with creative on a new world, still some stuff I can't rember that's lost forever, luckily I didn't have a huge setup I lost though. :)

• This is kinda weird, both of those configs are set to infinite water, water is infinite if I scoop it up with a bucket, yet both ic and bc pumps vacuum all the water out of a 2x2 pool.

Thus I assumed greg had something to do with it.

IHL. IHL also has a 'finite water' setting. It made me damn near lose my mind because it was undocumented at the time. x.x I thought my server was eating the pills again.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• The advanced miner should have an internal storage worth of a MFE afaik.

Also this config of IC2 might have an effect:

IC2 config wrote:

; Maximum battery tier usable by the miner.
    ; 1 = batteries, 2 = lead batteries, 3 = energy crystals, 4 = lapotron crystals
    minerDischargeTier = 1

• Isn't Blue Power supposed to be an exact RP2 clone?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Isn't Blue Power supposed to be an exact RP2 clone?

If it is, they're doing a terrible job of it. It swaps out blue alloy for red alloy, which is a completely pointless change that makes no sense. They also replaced nikolite with teslatite and made indigo dye give purple instead of blue.
    Plus it is coded like shit. They have no concept of metadata and just use a new block id for every single block, even every single color of a lamp takes up a whole block id.
    I'd much rather have Project Red which actually works well and uses red alloy as red alloy. Plus it is oredict friendly thanks to me.

• I think it's since block IDs are gone (or at least going) they think there's no need to do it properly since there's no need to have to shift all of them manually in the event of conflicts.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Need to do it properly or not, doing it improperly is still bad coding, and if you carry out bad coding practices you will have people like axlegear never let you hear the end of it. The Red/Blue Alloy swap makes absolutely no sense from any standpoint other than a desperate attempt to avoid a copyright infringement lawsuit, particularly because we still have concepts of what Red and Blue Alloys were, what they were used for, and how they fit into tech trees. (The fact that GregTech uses both alloys for wires shows us that.) Swapping Red and Blue, unless you do the even more questionable thing and make them non-OreDictionary compliant, creates potentially tech tree-breaking balance exploits.
    If Blue Power were being created two and a half years ago, this sort of thing might have gone over a little better, because EVERYONE had crappy coding two and a half years ago. But that was 2011 and 2012; this is 2014 and several full Minecraft versions later.

The biggest issue I have with Blue Power is that it is very, VERY clearly trying to be a rip-off. They say it's a 'faithful recreation', but in reality it's re-skinned stolen concepts that have been done better by other people. Notably, Eloraam, and the Project Red team.

RedPower 2 was odd at times. But it wasn't blatantly stolen odd.