[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, i have a problem processing CaCO3 (Calcite) + Iron Ore in EBF.
    It is not working at all. Everything is on the right place, working fine for other stuff.
    I thought, i need 2 input busses, but i was wrong. SpwnX saw that and he was confused as well. What possible I'm doing wrong? I highly doubt it is a bug.

By the way, processing limestone from UB/PFAA into calcite would be good.

• I try this om Mars and it doesent work:

With experimental GC Ore Gen because the other Option doesn't work.

Try raising RandomWeight...now you have 10, so VERY RARE. Put there 10000 and you will find some

(now you have chance 10/(total randomweight of all veins) )

• Good day. I have a big problem on our server - Greg's machines cause huge lags when some resources puted in them are not in process.

That is already fixed since ages. Also, just don't let anything get Stuck inside the Machines, and never use Hoppers for ANYTHING.

Some people said that this is due to the fact that the check on the presence of resources in the slots happens too often. According to Opis mod, the update time of such machines may be 200-400 microseconds (version 4.08s).

No Support anymore, use 1.7.10 or I don't care.

I was told that Gregorius knows about this problem, but so far it did not fix it... In version 5.06.06 update time of such machines was even up to 6.000 microseconds. And this is despite the fact that 20 tps needs overall update time less then 50.000 microseconds (or 50 milliseconds). Server based on cauldron-1.7.10-1.1231.01.207 but it happens on many other versions for 1.6.4 and 1.7.10
    and now in 5.06.06:

You are confusing the thousands-breaking-dot with a decimal-comma (or vice versa), I think. 6 Microseconds is not much for such a Machine. With that you could run about 1000 blocked Machines on your Server. That is an awful lot of improperly used Machines. Tell your people to use the Stuff properly.

The "laggiest" thing in GT is the Enet Calculation if the Network is very large, but that's it. The GT Machines don't even check Recipes if they are really blocked (except for the failcheck every 200 Ticks).

Vanilla Furnace How?

Do not use the vanilla Furnace, it is as laggy as a Hopper, if not EVEN LAGGIER, due to the shear amount of Recipes it has to check (Fuels, not the Input Resources, just the Fuels).

What can i do with this?

Nothing.

• sorry, but i am not confusing:

That's interesting. That lags begin not because there is not enough crushed ore for processing and not because there is no place where to put the product. Such lags are not observed for standing alone machines. They start only when macerator standing next to the washing plant and he passes purified ore through the side wall to macerator. This is no accident. I built three similar schemes - and result was the same. Big update time starts from the moment, when macerators stops due to lack of purified ore when ore washing plant stops with filled second and third slots or just without initial product. It doesn't lag when machines in work, even when ore washing plant stops and macerator continues to operate. It begins when both machines stop.
    The old bug with other machines, such as electolizers or centrifuges, really fixed on 1.7.10, thanks

• I hate to say it Greg but he may be right, as I have the same 'problem'. It's not as much of a problem for me because quad-core 3.2 GHz server, but still it could add up if I had more players. The one that 'hurt' the most are:
    Electrolyzer with nothing in it except empty cells.
    N Circuits left in machines like the plate bender
    Nonchargeable or fully charged items left in bat-buffers that aren't batteries (especially IC2 tools)
    Unprocessable amounts of items left in a machine (IE, something like malachite, with all you need, but not enough malachite for 1 recipe) is hands down the worst, equally 8-560μs of time (average 22μs/tick) each. One or two doesn't matter, six not much. But once you have 5+ players and their machines get gummed, it starts becoming noticeable if there's something else also being greedy, such as chunkgenning. For the most part though it won't affect most users, I think, unless they compute using a potato or have large amounts of players or a few really, really stupidly inefficient player factories.

I'd have to test more but it does seem linked with the number of recipes. IE, things like a macerator, plate bender, or electrolyzer, things with lots and lots of recipes basically, seem to be worse. Whereas like my magnetic separator and laser engraver don't make any noticeable effect even when intentionally sabotaged.

I also have to agree with the majority on the whole wire/pipe hitbox thing.. it's annoying, doesn't make logical sense, and seems entirely unique in that only this mod has this problem.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• That's interesting. That lags begin not because there is not enough crushed ore for processing and not because there is no place where to put the product. Such lags are not observed for standing alone machines. They start only when macerator standing next to the washing plant and he passes purified ore through the side wall to macerator. This is no accident. I built three similar schemes - and result was the same. Big update time starts from the moment, when macerators stops due to lack of purified ore when ore washing plant stops with filled second and third slots or just without initial product. It doesn't lag when machines in work, even when ore washing plant stops and macerator continues to operate. It begins when both machines stop.
    The old bug with other machines, such as electolizers or centrifuges, really fixed on 1.7.10, thanks

You still didnt say which of the two Machines is the lagging one, since Opis mentions only one cause of Lag, and you didn't say if it is the Ore Washer or the supplying Macerator lagging.

But if I understand that right, do you say that you place the Macerator there to accept the purified Ore DIRECTLY WITHOUT PIPE GOING TO AN OVERFLOW CHEST INBETWEEN? Because in that case the Stuff lags because >>Stone Dust does NOT go into the Macerator<< and you did a terribly stupid Setup. Whenever Stuff gets stuck inside an Output, you did something wrong. That is a simple Rule, which always applies.

Electrolyzer with nothing in it except empty cells.

I have a bunch of those (with the Cells) and Opis doesn't even show them in its List of lagging Blocks.

N Circuits left in machines like the plate bender

This is not the case anymore since ages, you sit on very deprecated Information. Same for Extruder.

Nonchargeable or fully charged items left in bat-buffers that aren't batteries (especially IC2 tools)

Are you talking about that old Bug in 1.6.4?

Unprocessable amounts of items left in a machine (IE, something like malachite, with all you need, but not enough malachite for 1 recipe) is hands down the worst, equally 8-560μs of time (average 22μs/tick) each. One or two doesn't matter, six not much.

Even that got fixed ages ago. The failsafe tick is the only thing trying to process those and that is a very rare one.

I'd have to test more but it does seem linked with the number of recipes. IE, things like a macerator, plate bender, or electrolyzer, things with lots and lots of recipes basically, seem to be worse.

Only the Macerator, the Compressor, the Extractor, the Ore Washer and the Thermal Centrifuge could lag more than usual, and that is only because of using the IC2 Recipe System.

• You still didnt say which of the two Machines is the lagging one, since Opis mentions only one cause of Lag, and you didn't say if it is the Ore Washer or the supplying Macerator lagging.

Ore washing plant, not macerator. But tomorrow i'll try such setups with other machines, where some byproducts cannot be placed to next standing machine

But if I understand that right, do you say that you place the Macerator there to accept the purified Ore DIRECTLY WITHOUT PIPE GOING TO AN OVERFLOW CHEST INBETWEEN? Because in that case the Stuff lags because >>Stone Dust does NOT go into the Macerator<< and you did a terribly stupid Setup.

You are right. And if it's possible, try to fix this feature. Because many players can apply this stupid setup on servers

Can you do something to make Opis correctly display names of machines instead of "bronze hull"?

• I still don't get why minecraft isn't properly threaded + mod threading (*cough* tickthreading *cough* Nallar). Servers would run like crazy ultra fast machines. If you can find 1.4.7or 1.5.2 MC + mods, you can see how server does not give a fuck if you spawn 3500 animals, or have 100k tile entities and server load under 25%... just because. Java is not that bad, Mojang coder team is bad.

So if you think minecraft can't run fast:
    exhibit a: 4000 doors on the floor
    http://files.enjin.com/228976/Temp/TTTesting/TT02.png

exhibit b: 1000 pigs
    http://files.enjin.com/228976/Temp/TTTesting/TT03.png

exhibit c: 1000 pigs + 1000 cows
    http://files.enjin.com/228976/Temp/TTTesting/TT04.png

Not enough? 1000pigs + 1000 cows + 1500 ocelots
    http://files.enjin.com/228976/Temp/TTTesting/TT05.png

100 000 tile entities a problem? (tile entity: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Block_entity)
    http://files.enjin.com/228976/Temp/TTTesting/TT06.png

The post was edited 3 times, last by cpy ().

• Fusion Reactor maybe ? :P

If in China,3 reasons:
    1.Ugly texture
    2.not complete tech tree
    3.1.6.4 is the latest Classic GT version(Almost every Chinese people separates GT1~4 and GT5 as two different mods)

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• ^ A billion people speaking as one might actually overrule a mod author...

I am a little curious; Greg, can you see detailed download statistics and make generalizations about your target audiences?

• You are right. And if it's possible, try to fix this feature. Because many players can apply this stupid setup on servers.

The Automatic Output outputs all the Content of the Output Slots, or at least tries to do so, for a few Ticks in a row (30 if I remember right) when the Inventory updates. I cannot remove that, because it would break proper Setups. If something doesn't go into a Block then don't try to let it go into a Block, because that causes Lag no matter which Blocks you use to force disallowed Items in.

Can you do something to make Opis correctly display names of machines instead of "bronze hull"?

Nope, that is impossible. I'd bug the Opis Author to fix the missing Support for MetaData > 15, but then again that is also not possible to be done properly, so don't Bug him.

The NEI Block Overlay Tooltip for example does it improperly, but it works perfectly, because my Machines drop themselves when harvested properly.

• I still don´t get why people are still using 1.6.4.....

I've always played with GT but I don't really like GT5. Like people above said:
    1) Ugly textures
    2) Missing Tech (and advanced Tech is what I play it for)
    3) Much longer loading times
    4) Crappy tool system - it looks cool on paper but with harderstone=true most tools are WORSE than vanilla.
    5) Gazillion crafting recipes for tools, drills, machines. Why are there tool materials you would NEVER use? Instead you have hundreds of NEI pages.
    6) Cables everywhere, in every recipe. Insane powerloss.
    7) Missing power generation. Charcoal, steam, diesel.

I like 1.7.10 more with control sprinting, Dark Forests, new mods and easy minetweaking, but all that is not worth it with crappy GT5. Instead I minetweaked 150 mods to use GT recipes in 1.6.4 and I'm happy that way.
    I just wish someone ported GT4 to 1.7.10.

• Ohh, Nikolite Teslatite, lol :P

Is there a lot of people in China who knows GT ? :o

In France/French Part of Switzerland, not a lot of people play minecraft, even less with mods, but when they play with mods, they are usually very good :P

We also consider GT 1~4 and GT 5 as "different mods" like TE 1~2 and TE 3~4 due to the energy changes, and huge overhauls ^.^

• I'm not running 1.6.4. This you know, Greg. I am running the latest version, as always. My statement of timing results stands.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Energy loss in GT5 is ultra stupid, only someone who never heard of electricity would do such thing (quote from a friend who is in university studying those things).
    So i play with guy who study electrical engineering and he just facepalm nearly every aspect of GT.

Electric tools are plentiful and every one of them is useless, even cobblestone generator and tree farm is more useful in making tools than this crap. GT5 is total shit.
    Well at least battery buffers are my personal kinda ok things, but they have really low capacity but idea is nice. Implemented very poorly. Best GT? Well probably every GT except 5.

• Energy loss in GT5 is ultra stupid, only someone who never heard of electricity would do such thing (quote from a friend who is in university studying those things).
    So i play with guy who study electrical engineering and he just facepalm nearly every aspect of GT.

Electric tools are plentiful and every one of them is useless, even cobblestone generator and tree farm is more useful in making tools than this crap. GT5 is total shit.
    Well at least battery buffers are my personal kinda ok things, but they have really low capacity but idea is nice. Implemented very poorly. Best GT? Well probably every GT except 5.

If you hate GT so much, then by all means, stop using it. And leave. Absolutely noone wants to hear your griping, and nobody cares.

Quoted from "zorn":