[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like the mystcraft/galacticraft addon idea, I also thought about that on FTB Ultimate ^.^ , I really would like this :D

• Then you shouldn't autoproduce Screws en mass (maybe instead just do a Stack or so), because those are slightly lossy when recycled (1 Unit => 8 Bolts, 1 Bolt => 1 Screw, but 9 Screws => 1 Unit).

You have a problem with the phrase "worst case scenario"?

Get with the reading, man.

• There is where AE2 comes into the play, production on demand.
    Although We usually request the AE to craft a stack of it or keep a constant supply of something.

Overproduction is just the old way of economy we used to have but has the problem of wasting resources which is definitely not a real problem on minecraft.

Right, production on demand. My point was, is gt5 designed assuming everyone will have access to production on demand options? Because hand crafting each item every time is a pain in the ass.

Then you shouldn't autoproduce Screws en mass (maybe instead just do a Stack or so), because those are slightly lossy when recycled (1 Unit => 8 Bolts, 1 Bolt => 1 Screw, but 9 Screws => 1 Unit).

You and paladinOne said that I should maek little assembly line/factories to produce screws, now i should just shift click a couple stacks at once?

That brings me back to where I started though, I just find myself spending all my free time in a day crafting. As i said, i guess this mod just isnt for me anymore, I have kids and a wife, so i might only get an hour a day to play minecraft.

Either way, the 'make a little factory' to me implied that the screws and such were designed to promote players doing fun things that required problem solving. Instead now it seems I just shift click in a crafting table, or set up AE crafting on demand.

IMO minecraft is fun when you have to do something and you think 'ok just HOW am I going to get this done??' or when something doesn't work and you say 'ok what the hell happened here and how do i fix this'? I guess to me, crafting screws and stuff doesn't make me say that. If I had to make some sort of assembly line that created engineering problems to make them, then it would... so i was hopeful that I was missing out on something, but it still appears people jsut shift click a few stacks, or use AE to auto craft.

• The crafting is only annoying in the beginning when you have not enough materials and production on demand is nesseary. After some time just craft 1 stack of every part needed often. Like Motors, Pumps, Electric Pistons and Circuits of the current tier you are.

• You and paladinOne said that I should maek little assembly line/factories to produce screws, now i should just shift click a couple stacks at once?

Technically I was a culprit here, and I propose both solutions for different situations.

For stuff that requires several steps and machines, sometimes I do create assembly lines. Circuitry is a prime example of this.

For other stuff, I do mass-produce enough to cover a long term (if I have the resources for it). Screws, rods, etc.

I'm also fond of the Forestry Worktable in some modpacks. It has a Worktable that lets you store 9 recipes for early-era AE work. Of course this means you need to dedicate each worktable to a few recipes, and each table will need its own set of tools (wrench, hammer, etc) and basic resources. It also has a limited inventory.

• Guys...

We ALL play with Forestry
    It has nice crafting table which can store items and remember up to 9 recipes. AND IT IS COMPATIBLE with GT tools. Just store recipes for parts in it and you can craft really fast ....:)

• Hello everyone, i was wondering about the state of electric tools in the current GT. Do they still work the way they used to? (Ie, 10x durability, requiring eu charging, cannot be repaired) Or is there some way to repair the tool in question without breaking them down first. Cheers in advance,
    By the way Greg, i absolutely love your mod, i have and always will support you!

PS: Why is there still the convention of Eu/tick when we have amperage and voltages? seems a mite silly.

• Electric Tools have 25x durability now and are even faster, but everything else still the same.

Thanks mate.

Also, is there a real use for Magnetite other than it being 1/3 iron? One would assume that it should be necessary to magnetize iron rods before magnetizers, yet redstone fills that void (I mean, if it is having ambient current run through it, it would have some magnetic field to use, but still)
    And is Vanadium only useful for making Vanadium Gallium wires? The whole Meta-material system is awesome, but it makes understanding progression a bit harder.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sirbab ().

• So someone said that Gregtech 1-4 and 5 are handled like different mods some time ago. I haven`t really played much with Gregtech 5 yet, what makes it so different to previous versions ?
    I'm not sure if I should move on to 1.7.10 or stay at 1.6.4.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nexuiz ().

• So someone said that Gregtech 1-4 and 5 are handled like different mods some time ago. I haven`t really played much with Gregtech 5 yet, what makes it so different to previous versions ?

It's more or less a different mod :P cool thing about it, you don't really need to touch IC2 much to use it. Wiki here btw.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find a mention of it: is there a reason copper and tin can't be used separately as materials for hammers, files, and tool heads?

• I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find a mention of it: is there a reason copper and tin can't be used separately as materials for hammers, files, and tool heads?

Have you happend to come across any real machinery and tools that happend to use those? They are just too soft for that.

• Oh, you mean like how people make uranium shovels?

It's strong enough (for some things), but just don't use that in regular basis in your day and most of the time wear some protection and you really shouldn't use it IRL even though you could survive a enough time being close to that.

Reason why not used: much more useful and safer in electricity production.

:Uranium Ingot: -> :Bronze Shovel: = a really bad idea, mostly because a long time exprosure would give you radiation poisoning.

And of course because we have much more harder things to use in tools and machinery.

Oh btw i have found a GT noob in twitch so...

I guess i got some fun to be had...

• Seems like the 1.6.4 Wiki on wikispace.net disappeared...I don't even know everything of Gregtech in 1.6.4 but still know it.I just mean how did it changed in genral ? (progression, playstyle etc).

• Have you happend to come across any real machinery and tools that happend to use those? They are just too soft for that.

If the softness is the issue, then why are lead (and gold) files possible? I can imagine the density helping somewhat for a lead hammer or pickaxe, but not for a file. There are probably several other materials (not even counting ones that don't exist IRL) that can be used for GregTech tools that aren't used for real tools.

• Seems like the 1.6.4 Wiki on wikispace.net disappeared...I don't even know everything of Gregtech in 1.6.4 but still know it.I just mean how did it changed in genral ? (progression, playstyle etc).

it has changed a lot.
    We have : GT's super upgraded supreme Vein generation (makes vanilla ores aswell not to spawn), almost all machines have 5 tiers (some even have 10!), meta tools (yes.. you can craft :Uranium Ingot: tools), GT has it own power system (not the most realistic but not the most unrealistic (has power loss atleast) and much more stuff that i can't explain to you so i give you this guide and this wiki.

Wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech

Guide: https://docs.google.com/docume…87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/edit?pli=1

• If the softness is the issue, then why are lead (and gold) files possible? I can imagine the density helping somewhat for a lead hammer or pickaxe, but not for a file. There are probably several other materials (not even counting ones that don't exist IRL) that can be used for GregTech tools that aren't used for real tools.

MC gold? you do know gold is much thougher in IRL, and lead tools a file... it's just a mod with semi-realistic stuff trying to keep it self in more of a realistic settings (you could use a lead file IRL to cut some edges on some metal not saying that it will not break easily but hey that is the reason why it is such low durability) And about those not used materials, they are much expensive and difficult to find and/or create a alloy to use in stuff. hell that is the reason why we still use steel and not boron-rich superhard materials nor ultimet on everything. so.. just don't make a :Uranium Ingot: -> :Bronze Shovel: anytime soon.

BTW: happy finnish independence day.

Sadly, due to a change in the wikispaces hosting policy, the GregTech Community Wiki is no more :(

The basic progression idea of Copper+Tin -> Bronze -> Steam Machines -> Steel -> Electric Machines has remained the same, but after that it gets a bit more complicated, as the number of electric machines has exploded. :wacko: The other main progression change is that all vanilla Tools are now extremely weak, and have been replaced with an array of automatically generated Meta-Tools. Meta-Tools can be crafted out of just about any hard metal added by any mod ever (so long as Greg's heard of it), and are roughly comparable to normal tools in durability and speed, but have the odd quality that they effectively force Adventure Mode (you can't break a block with a tool that's not designed for it).

The Official FTB Wiki is our new home, as has been said, and it does contain useful information.

Oh btw i have found a GT noob in twitch so...

I guess i got some fun to be had...

link? :P