[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Not that I don't agree with the ban, more for scientific purposes - why is mirroring a bannable thing now?
    Because he might be injecting something? But, well, those who download stuff from there are retarded anyways?

• aka, I would guess that the mirroring caused a ban because it was done without the permission of the owners of the material, although the fact that there could be crap stuck in it as well is another reason to take it down.

• I got reports of those mirrors likely containing Spam or Adware, and since his Site is in no way anything Official nor well known, I took him down for security reasons.

• I got reports of those mirrors likely containing Spam or Adware, and since his Site is in no way anything Official nor well known, I took him down for security reasons.

Greg, if you don't do an over 9000 joke on your 9001st post, I'm going to be very disappointed in you.

• And I warned AzMinecraft for the mirroring anyway :P

And why is there a 7th star wars, 6 was enough :P and because of Disney, I'm sure the new one is not gonna be as awesome as the precedent ones, plus the new budget is hilarious XD ;D ;P :D :P :D

http://www.epicstream.com/imag…95-2-1417321880.png&w=655

They used a soccer/football ball XD

• Sequels, it is all what's left, all what they are able to. Extend and dilute to the point it taste nothing.
    No one is able to invent a new universe, a new storyline.
    Tolkien has been harvested and abused into countless tasteless MMO/Movies variations.
    Andersen has been duplicated and abused into countless tasteless Cartoons/Movies by Disney.
    StarTrek has been transvestite into meaningless variations.
    So has StarWars…
    So has anything touched and exploited by entertainment businesses.

• I can do the over 9000 Joke anytime I want even when I have 9999 Posts. :P

-----

Unless you made the Modpack, or are being sent by the one who made it, you are NOT allowed to post those Bug Reports here. Ask the Pack Creator instead, because he would be responsible for that. Or start making your own Packs rather than using other peoples Packs.

-----

And I don't care if the new Star Wars was made by Disney, they will definetly make a Movie that is much better than anything Michael Bay could make (it is not hard to do that). And it is a sequel and not a prequel, meaning they can do whatever the fuck they want without fucking up the Universe (like Lucas Arts did with the Clone Wars Animated Series).

If the Movie is really that bad, then there is still LEGO, for making good Star Wars Movies, left. LEGO Darth Maul was awesome, lol.

• Unless you made the Modpack, or are being sent by the one who made it, you are NOT allowed to post those Bug Reports here. Ask the Pack Creator instead, because he would be responsible for that. Or start making your own Packs rather than using other peoples Packs.

It's a misleading name, Plant Mega Pack is a single mod.

• I think it is the pack he made himself....
    However if it occurs when generating the world, I would bet on conflicting Worldgen, maybe it should help to disallow some world generation, probably from that Plant mod?

• That bug occurs with following mods present:
    Gregtech
    Plant Mega Pack
    Gravestone
    Oceancraft

The more of those you have, the more likely your world gets into infite generation loop. Removing one/two of those mods or GT usually fixes it.

• Who's good at math and thinking and stuff?

I'm trying to determine, from work with no access to minecraft, the energy efficiency of creating steel in an electric blast furnace versus a bronze blast furnace (consuming 4 coal per steel).

I'm not really interested in factoring the cost of creating the required oxygen; I create oxygen as a byproduct of other operations regardless of my steel production so its a non-issue.

I imagine in simplest terms: how much EU does it cost to create an ingot of steel in the EBF, and how much EU could I otherwise extract from 4 coal using just IC2 or GT?

Gregtech
    Plant Mega Pack
    Gravestone
    Oceancraft

The more of those you have, the more likely your world gets into infite generation loop. Removing one/two of those mods or GT usually fixes it.

Yeah I made the modpack myself and I know removing Plant Mega Pack or Gregtech fixes the issue. Was just trying to determine which one causes the issue or if it can be fixed. Guess not. Thanks anyway.

Gregtech
    Plant Mega Pack
    Gravestone
    Oceancraft

I do not know if it is the same problem, but setting the "size" of all ore mix gregtech generates to at max 16 and disable large and huge granite veins could fix this.

• If you ignore time, the BBF is better. I have yet to check whether the second method of making steel (with wrought iron).

• If you ignore time, the BBF is better. I have yet to check whether the second method of making steel (with wrought iron).

Woops, you pointed out a glaring omission in my post: its actually the wrought-iron route I'm thinking of. But in retrospect, that wrought-iron isn't cheap to make (coal-wise), so I have to think the BBF blows EBF-wrought-iron-steel out of the water.

• Pyure :
    The Electric Blast Furnace consumes 60000EU/Steel from Iron
    If EU is made from Steam, that translates to 180,000 Steam/Steel from Iron
    The EBF consumes 12000EU/Steel from Wrought Iron
    EU from Steam, that's 36,000 Steam/Steel from Wrought Iron
    Wrought Iron takes 9x2048 = 18432 Steam, or 9x1024 = 9216EU to cook
    So using Wrought Iron takes 21,216EU to cook into Steel, or 54,432 Steam (if Steam is used for EU and Steam Furnaces are used for smelting) (18,144 EU equivalent)
    So, using Wrought Iron for Steel takes 39,784 less EU or 125,568 less Steam, 66% less total energy.

------------------------

The original IC2 ratio was 1 Coal = 4000EU via the Generator. (so 4 coal = 16,000EU) (this is crap.)

Under GregTech, using the Small Coal Boiler, while heating, the boiler produces ~11.5k Steam per Coal, and at a ratio of 3 Steam: 1 EU (Basic Steam Turbine), 1 Coal = ~3840EU (so 4 coal = ~15k EU)
    Using the Small Coal Boiler, once it is fully heated, the boiler produces ~43k Steam per Coal, so at the 3:1 ratio that means ~14400EU (so 4 coal = ~57600EU)
    *numbers are labelled as approximations due to boiler heating, cooling, and steam tick cycles

So you can get 57,600 EU out of 4 Coal/Charcoal, and it takes 18,144 EU to cook 1 Iron Ingot into 1 Steel Ingot via the EBF. Therefore, provided you have a supply of Oxygen gas (whose cost is not included in these calculations), it is approximately 3 times more energy efficient to use an Electric Blast Furnace than it is to use a Bronze Blast Furnace.

(Edit: So really, apart from the Oxygen, the EBF blows the BBF out of the water so hard a tsunami wouldn't get it back off the land.)

I have not done the math on Large Steam Boilers yet, so I can't tell you how much using them would help or not. My assumption is that using Large Boilers would make Coal worth even more EU, and therefore further increase the efficiency of the EBF over the BBF.

Edit: Note: These calculations do not account for EU emission or wiring resistance losses. However, a setup with any sort of decent design to it wouldn't have more than a 15-20% loss rate, so even with that the EBF is still massively superior.
    However, if you were using Iron in stead of Wrought Iron, the EBF would NOT be as efficient as the BBF. So seriously, USE WROUGHT IRON everyone.