[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• You may have missed the point. The point is that we like to build and this is what Minecraft is about. Bounding boxes hamper gameplay when implemented this way. It is not a feature. It most likely will just take work on Greg's part to code...but maybe he doesnt want to spend his time on this. Who knows the real reason.

• You may have missed the point. The point is that we like to build and this is what Minecraft is about. Bounding boxes hamper gameplay when implemented this way. It is not a feature. It most likely will just take work on Greg's part to code...but maybe he doesnt want to spend his time on this. Who knows the real reason.

I believe leagris is appealing to greg's evil side for comprimise. He's not interesting in playing with bounding boxes today, but he might if he can burn/scald/electrocute/otherwise-harm people.

• Gregs implementation of bounding boxes is future proof. So he doesn't change it. You can always dismantle a pipe and configure it somewhere else and place it back in.
    There is another nice thing with his bounding boxes when it comes to Mobs, they behave as they should and doesn't jump around as they get mad by smaller boxes.

• Gregs implementation of bounding boxes is future proof. So he doesn't change it. You can always dismantle a pipe and configure it somewhere else and place it back in.
    There is another nice thing with his bounding boxes when it comes to Mobs, they behave as they should and doesn't jump around as they get mad by smaller boxes.

Which is lovely but still leaves us with players preferring the superior accessibility of sharper bounding boxes.

We can argue all we like about "realism" and future-proofing; it ultimately still leaves GT staying with 1.47 infrastructure while everyone else moves forward.

(Full disclosure: I do like my GT pipes, but at the end of the day I concede that pipes from, say, Ender IO provide a superior end-user experience. I still use GT ones where possible anyway.)

• I wouldn't say its "realism", it's more like the basic idea behind the minecraft universe where a block is an will be always a block with a length of 1 on all sides. Just look at hoppers they have the same problem.
    And I hate it when I stand on a bounding box which is not high enough to jump on the next block layer.

• Pipes with hot fluids in them already burn you on contact, so that aspect of "don't do this" realism is already there. Similarly, as was the old IC2 system, un-insulated cables connected to an active e-net will deal shock damage to entities on contact. Amusingly, you will also take burn damage if you have a bucket of lava in your inventory. (So don't do that very much.)

Woops you can still craft TE Machines in FTB Rescurection. Does anybody here know how the oregen is changed in that pack ?

Ore generation in Resurrection is defined by a Custom Ore Generation script, written by Retep998. The file is config/CustomOreGen/modules/custom/Bunny.xml
    Ore gen is significantly denser than standard GT ore generation, but it still follows the 'ores come in mixed veins' pattern. Many, many more veins are generated in the world, but each vein individually is smaller than a regular GregTech vein. Also, the old system of generating asteroids in The End was re-added, and certain ores can only be found in high-altitude End asteroids. (Bring a jetpack... a good one. Like a GraviSuit maybe. That would be cool.)

Also, a minor oddity: Resurrection contains VeinMiner. VeinMiner does not function properly alongside GregTech tools; it consumes their durability significantly more quickly than otherwise would be expected. Now that Resurrection has gone public though, I might experiment with that interaction a bit more.

• Use it or lose it, and do the math beforehand to use what you put in so you don't have to think about losing it. (It's easier that way.)

• I'm using the new FTB Resurrection pack, and I'm not sure if this is a problem on the modpack authors' end or greg's end, but there seems to be some inconsistency with harvestability

http://imgur.com/a/rtLTH

as you can see in the picture, I can harvest any generated ore with my trusty stone pickaxe, but once I place it down the game realized I'm not supposed to be able to harvest it until I have a proper tool.

• I'm using the new FTB Resurrection pack, and I'm not sure if this is a problem on the modpack authors' end or greg's end, but there seems to be some inconsistency with harvestability

as you can see in the picture, I can harvest any generated ore with my trusty stone pickaxe, but once I place it down the game realized I'm not supposed to be able to harvest it until I have a proper tool.

YES I KNOW ABOUT THAT PROBLEM
    I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE METADATA FOR THE CUSTOM ORE GENERATION
    SORRY

It is a problem with Waila Harvestability not knowing GregTech blocks with other mods/vanilla tools.

And, as it is a package and other mod issue, please ask on FTB Forums and or Prof'Mobius to update Harvestability to be compatible with GregTech.
    I did my own package and removed Harvestability for this reason as it mislead users into breaking blocks they could not harvest.
    I guesss you can disable this mod in an FTB pack as an option if you like. It is not a big deal game changing mod anyway.

• We can argue all we like about "realism" and future-proofing; it ultimately still leaves GT staying with 1.47 infrastructure while everyone else moves forward.

Regardless of whether full-block pipes are good or bad, they are not related to Minecraft 1.4.7.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• ^ Remember that FTB is more than one person, and the views of multiple team members do not necessarily reflect those of the organization as an aggregate entity. FTB has grown far beyond what it once was, and I doubt there are many MBAs (or similarly equipped people) on the team, let alone at the head.

• Imo, that is just boring. WHy would you care about some modpack guys? SUre, they got views on youtube and shit, but the only thing they really affect is how many dickheads we will get here asking stupid questions and ignoring the faq.

• Imo, that is just boring. WHy would you care about some modpack guys? SUre, they got views on youtube and shit, but the only thing they really affect is how many dickheads we will get here asking stupid questions and ignoring the faq.

Wow. Just.....wow. You do realise you used your "outside voice" right there, right? If you want people to be mature enough to read the faq, maybe we can set an example of decency ourselves?

• Maybe you can stop being an SJW and stop correlating way of speech, maturity and internet? What am I, at a funeral, that I have to speak in a fancy manner? SInce when being able to read teh faq require anything else then being able to read? Or are you trying to oppose that not reading the faq does not make one a dickhead? :D