[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Reikas spoilers are toppest of keks, my sides are in orbit.

Not including the shit with ban items - mod does not work" stuff.

Otherwise, I like him now, the 12 yr olds tears are delicious.

• Greg and Reika share those virtues.

I can say I feel somewhat sorry for him having to deal with stupidities like that everyday. I'm glad that we don't see much of it here, and if theres some, its gone soon.

• I just got a great Idea to reduce the Bandwidth my Ores (and in future my Metablocks) use even more than I already did.

Well the Coordinates are stored as Integer, Short, Integer right now, but why not save on 2 Bytes in the X and Z Coords each, by checking if the Block is in the Range of +-32767 Meters² and then instead just transmit Short, Short, Short so that it saves 4 Bytes overall, and only PacketID+X+Y+Z+MetaData = byte+short+short+short+short = 9 Bytes instead of 13 Bytes of Data for the Clients.

Ofcourse it works only for the players who don't run more than 32 kilometers away from 0/0, but hey, who the fuck goes out that far anyways? :D

It would run the larger Variant with Integers in case you are outside the Range, so only the optimisations are not working for those people. I don't wanna limit the World or something.

Edit: While I am at it, the Y Coordinate can be stored as byte too if it is lower than 128 (I am not going to use the negative Range of Byte to make it 256, because of Mods with variable World Height Limits).

• few thingies and Unknown Materials from my pack for you greg

• To be fair, almost all our players do. In fact, two of them have bases in the 33k and 48.5k regions specifically. Considering there's only 3 players active right now, and two of them are that far off, that kind of says something. (There used to be 7. I even upgraded internet and doubled the server's RAM and put in an SSD and RAID0 all to make the server super fast and stable. It now goes to waste! It is nice to have 953μs average tick time, though!)

THIS IS WHY WE WANTED BETTER RAILSYSTEMS. We expand like noone's business.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Since the new API will also be a standalone mod, what will be its name?

The Name will be "Greg-API" or for internal and ModID Namesake "gregapi". Are you suprised about that?

To be fair, almost all our players do. In fact, two of them have bases in the 33k and 48.5k regions specifically.

Lol, your Players are a minority. Even invultri is only about 10000 Blocks away (or was in one of the Servers). And I personally went out only 3000 Blocks.

The optimisations also work if only one of the Coordinates is within bounds. I have assigned 8 of my Packet-IDs for the different possibilities of each Coordinates being in or outside the bounds of those Data Types. And since I have 128 Packet IDs, it is not so bad to use some of them, in order to save on that one additional byte, which I would be adding to store those 8 possibilities.

So now after all optimisations, the best case is one Byte for the ID, 5 Bytes for the Coordinates and the Payload of 2 Bytes to set the MetaData, resulting in 8 Bytes being sent to the Client per MetaBlock, and the worst case is 10 Bytes for the Coordinates (like it is right now) getting you 13 Bytes of Data.

• I wonder how much i have to change on GalacticGreg and my WIP mod when the new api is out...

I am tearing the old API apart and use it to build the new API. You will need to replace pretty much all of the references wit htheir new Versions.

• So, will I need to limit the space to prevent crashes?

Also, i'm not sure about the minority. By using nether portal transit (which we do) it does make it rather easy to go fucktons far out.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Hmm...

GalacticGreg is mostly a modyfied copy of your oregen, so it should be easy to change by adapting your oregen again.
    GTE is so far using your MultiBlockBase and a few Gui functions. I will wait with using any electric item and Icon rendering functions until your new api is out.

I guess it is the best i just wait unil you are done with the new api and should there be something i can't find, i will ask you then.

• When using shapeless crafting to make Pyrotheum Dust 4836:512 from coal dust, sulfur dust, redstone dust and blaze powder, the Thermal Foundation version is then immediately turned into GregTech version: Pyrotheum Dust 6026:2843, while it's still on the curser. The GregTech version is not accepted in the recipe for the Augment: Overclocked Modular Gearbox 4844:129.

• When using shapeless crafting to make Pyrotheum Dust 4836:512 from coal dust, sulfur dust, redstone dust and blaze powder, the Thermal Foundation version is then immediately turned into GregTech version: Pyrotheum Dust 6026:2843, while it's still on the curser. The GregTech version is not accepted in the recipe for the Augment: Overclocked Modular Gearbox 4844:129.

Unification.cfg

• http://mmsphyschem.com/stoichiometry.htm

Just gonna leave that there. May be useful to some.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I migrated my 1.6.4 world to 1.7.10. Yay. I let the machines turn into iron blocks.
    My real annoyance is that future migrations will be hampered with GregTech's Ores being tile entities. This is the first mod that uses NBT data to differentiate ores which will make future migrations very difficult without risking losing the ores.

Could there be an option to generate Gregtech veins using other mod's IDs for the ores?

Thanks,
    IMarv