[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• What's the loss on the transformers anyway?

For every ampere emitted, it costs the transformer an additional 2^VoltageTier EU. (LV -> VoltageTier = 1)
    LV: 34 EU is used to emit 32
    MV: 132 EU is used to emit 128

This loss is applied on all GregTech blocks that emit energy.

• My world is so young, it's right time to switch to GT 6 ! And the sooner, the better. 'Cause at some point I will have to anyway.

EDIT : I just hope my MT scripts won't be too hard to fix. ;S At least, I'm using oredict 95% of the time. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• For you it indeed is a good time, as you've chosen to reset earlier.

Now for kirara, a several months old server...

Maybe they're better waiting 'till 1.8... It would be even worse to wait a month or two... THEN switch... Then switch again a little after. ;S

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• What ? Does that mean it's already over for GT 5 ?

Yup.

I'd say its not really worth resetting now. It was just a structural change. Once we get some real features then maybe yes.

If you know what I know, then it may be worth resetting as soon as I start adding the Machines back in.

EDIT : I just hope my MT scripts won't be too hard to fix. ;S At least, I'm using oredict 95% of the time. ;P

If you use OreDict, then most will stay compatible. And lol, I need to fix "MT.class" before I can continue working on the rest, because that Class contains all the OreDictMaterial Properties (except the Antimatter ones).

• I'll tell my players not to build too much then... As soon as GT 6 is out, I'm in. =]

• Wow, short life on GT5. Maybe 6 will live longer, depending on what Microjang decides to do with the next version numbers.

• I'll tell my players not to build too much then... As soon as GT 6 is out, I'm in. =]

Note that everything will break. Including Items. Maybe the Tools will be the only thing to survive, because they save their Materials as String, and the Material Strings are staying since they are the OreDict Strings.

Ores will break too. If you have PFAA, then it is not a Problem ofcourse. Just set unification to non-GT Items, as in set everything, that isn't GT, to true in the Unification.cfg.

I am already 2/3rds done with transforming the non-element-parts of my Material Enum into the new System, so that would be ready for a release without any Machines, soon.

• Are you planning to make Gregtech 6 more something like a own mod that doesen't really use IC2 or add some integration ( like in previous versions ) ?

• I was just thinking that Greg said he will do this for 1.8 version and.....now it is done :D

Uhm, your Grammar implies a 1.8 Update, but this will be a 1.7.10 Update, since nobody even started working on updating IC² to 1.8 at all. :P