[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @ Vajra: I tried it till Ultimte Voltage and it didn't work, there is no MAX Voltage solar panel cover, and I have no clue which batteries go into Ultimate voltage
    and i also don't think that it is intended to use MAX voltage for it (and if it does, I wouldn't understand why^^), I could understand it for the Gravi, but for the Vajra? mhh

• Hey Greg, any chance you can give us a really rough estimate of how fast you expect this new GT6 version, once it's out, to recieve all the old GT5 machines? Like I voiced earlier, i'm concerned about waiting months and months to get them back one by one...
    I was just hoping for an answer so I can have some peace of mind and make time-adequate plans for when to set up a new server to support the new version. I don't want to hop right on and start up only to have nothing to work with..

Also, if you require us to use soldering irons for stuff again and don't implement them quickly, I will personally fly to Germany and beat you with a rubber dildo. :P

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• You can wait ages for a 1.8 Version, which is never gonna be made. GT7 is for 1.9. Remember, nobody has even attempted to update IC² to 1.8.

GT6 itself should be out sometime this week. It will contain the MetaItems, MetaBlocks, Worldgen and likely the basic Crafting Recipes.

The Machines will be made from Scratch too, meaning they will be very different from what they are now, especially with the new Energy System.

• Amazing. Just what I wanted to know. ('Cause I really didn't want a 1.8 version. Especially not 3 version so close to each other.)

Waiting for GT 6 then. ;] Sometimes out this week will mean I will be able to start transferring my recipes even though it won't be complete.

As for basic crafting recipes, that means basic parts ? Such as pistons, pumps and the like ?

EDIT : I don't know how far you are into worldgen, but would one thing I suggested or the other be a possibility ? ;P Either set-able harvest levels or different densities depending on which part of the vein it is.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arch ().

• So looking at the path I need to get advanced circuits, I need a gem plate for which there is no recipe?

I assume this is the same as it was in 1.6, and just missing from NEI, but I don't recall it.

• Backdate to 5.07.06.

5.07.07 is a tiny bit fucked and doesn't have recipes for gem plates.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Hell is there any way to read a battery buffer's contents at all with anything?

You could make a second MC account and have a second computer (remote control), write an autohotkey script to right click the battery buffer, then do some processing (matlab or python) by taking a print screen, using an OCR library, parsing the text, writing what you want displayed to a text file, then have the ahk script write the text out onto a sign or CC computer screen or whathaveyou.

• Or just maybe use OpenComputers?
    It's adapters can read charge of ButterBuffer and you can use Inventory Controller to read all batteries charge.
    I believe OC can read all IC2 energy items charge, but I am maybe wrong about it, as I haven't used OC for this purpose my self.
    You can also enable NBT table reading in OC config, but thats discouraged as it breaks meta.
    Sum it together and you will get your power.
    Someone already made a script somewhere for this purpose.

• You could make a second MC account and have a second computer (remote control), write an autohotkey script to right click the battery buffer, then do some processing (matlab or python) by taking a print screen, using an OCR library, parsing the text, writing what you want displayed to a text file, then have the ahk script write the text out onto a sign or CC computer screen or whathaveyou.

You stole my idea, that's exactly what I was planning to do. Completely reasonable.

Or just maybe use OpenComputers?
    It's adapters can read charge of ButterBuffer and you can use Inventory Controller to read all batteries charge.
    I believe OC can read all IC2 energy items charge, but I am maybe wrong about it, as I haven't used OC for this purpose my self.
    You can also enable NBT table reading in OC config, but thats discouraged as it breaks meta.
    Sum it together and you will get your power.
    Someone already made a script somewhere for this purpose.

Hmm the pack does have OC; but I've been too intimidated to try it out sadly. I'd need a major hand-holding walkthrough to give it a try.

Maybe I'll just wait on Nuclear Control to figure it out for me :p

• How much can be read using CC+openperipherals? I'm playing res and I expect the server will update to 1.0.1 soon which adds openperipherals. I remember being able to have really tight control for feedback systems using RC tanks though I don't remember what I was able to do with GT. That was also back in GT 4.

• I have a world loaded in gregtech 5 but I have done next to nothing in it yet, do you think a world like that would survive the update?

As grag said, unless you're using pfaa's ores, every ores / blocks / machines will be broken. Only tools will survive as well as ingots from other mods.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I used to keep up with this thread, but once you miss a day of catching up you're fucked :)

Can anyone go over what the plans on GT 6 are? What exactly is going on?

• Okay, so my fear is largely confirmed, if I read Greg's post right.. GT6 is due soon and won't have any of the existing machines, and we'll be waiting months for them to be added one by one, bit by bit.

*Exasperated sigh.* I'm going to buy Besieged.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.