[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like the fact that they are giving him a "Not So Harmless Vilain" vibe in the more recent games, especially in Sonic Lost World.

Sonic: Drop the Critters Eggman!
    Eggman: If you insist. *literally drops the Container*

I wouldn't put it in my list though, because of him being somewhat affable. I love to hate the villains I encounter and I don't really hate Eggman, so...

However, the one video game villain I REALLY hated was Lord Arktivus Brevon, from Freedom Planet. Top villain in my list, and it was satisfying as hell to give him what he deserved.

There are three kinds of Villains, the ones who just want to destroy everything, be it for revenge or anything similarily stupid (that is the bad kind of Villain), the ones who want to take over the World, and the ones who do whatever the fuck they want with the World as if they already own it.

It is not the one you hate the most, who is the "best" Villain. Because those are almost always the ones, who want to just destroy everything for no reason. It is the constantly reappearing Villain trying to take over the World with awesome personality you can never get rid of, who is the best.

I'll remove what I said before for the sake of not being rude. I have way too much going on IRL and there's no need for it to spill over. Suffice it to say it's not quite as bad as you're implying. However, I'm willing to look into a rewrite of it, but god knows when that's happening as none of the decent mods are going to 1.8. Can we throw it into 1.7 without upsetting the order of things? Let me check.

Sorry I was raging a bit, because I needed to waste a ton of time fixing Issues caused by the Fluid System (even though that was last year), what was the first thing coming to my mind when you said the Pyrotheum thing wasn't a design flaw, with surprisingly unlogical reasoning behind not using OreDicted Recipes. It was a real surprise for me, that you said something like that, considering I knew you as a very logical person.

And sorry again in case what I just said was kinda offending. Sometimes I am just way too open about my reasoning.

And before I forget, I said "IDs only for Sync", but I forgot to mention that IDs are ofcourse also for saving Stuff in World (but saving Fluids as Strings is good too).

• I smh never encountered a game villain worth remembering, or I just never played any good games.

I hated Kefka from FFVI, as he keep doing a lot of horrible things during the game, and I really feel like needing to stop him. Great villain.

• Happy to see you gys are ¿friends? again! :P

Is there any temporary solution for my problem? (the fact that I can't craft some TE items). Can I maybe use minetweaker (never used before) or maybe even write a small mod to reregister all crafting using pyrotheum dust to use the oredictionary (I knowa little bit about how to mod)?

• You can always just change the unification to point toward TE. It is in the configs, changes the values to true under the TE section, and false for those same materials under all other sections should it be in TE. I would include config sections, but on phone so no access to them.

• Ah gregtech has config options for the unification... Very interesting. Thanks, on phone too so I'll try it tonight (tonight in my timezone).

Yes you can Unificate allmost everything, which is a freakin awesome system if you ask me.

Just search for "B:dustPyrotheum_false=false" in the "Unification.cfg" under the "thermalfoundation" subsection and change it to B:dustPyrotheum_false=true. should work.

btw if you set InventoryUnification in the GregTech.cfg to true after setting the above, all the gt pyrotheum dust in your inventory should get transformed into thermal expansions pyrotheum dust. just give it a few seconds.

• Wait, wasn't he called robotnik in the original game ? Oh and well.. Sonic adventure 2 was the best sonic game imo, after this one, everything began to fall :c

Last thing : Recent games could have been better, they finally reintroduced the spin dash !!! And physics were ok, so I never really understood why not doing a normal 3d game in an "sonic adventure " style, then again, if I'm really bored of new sonic games, I still can use an old semi custom crappy sonic engine for making my own game ;P

• My Unification.cfg is just an empty file... Does anyone know what is up with that? I have definitely run my client already, so it shouldn't have generated?

btw if you set InventoryUnification in the GregTech.cfg to true after setting the above, all the gt pyrotheum dust in your inventory should get transformed into thermal expansions pyrotheum dust. just give it a few seconds.

I found that setting & it is true by default (already noticed that in game)

• Wait, wasn't he called robotnik in the original game? Oh and well.. Sonic adventure 2 was the best sonic game imo, after this one, everything began to fall :c

He was called Robotnik in the western Versions until Adventure 2. Then they just kept the original Japanese Name, which always was Eggman. In the non-Japanese dub of Sonic Generations they made a reference to the old name Robotnik on "Classic Eggman".

My Unification.cfg is just an empty file... Does anyone know what is up with that? I have definitely run my client already, so it shouldn't have generated?

Wait a second I will give you a full File, uhhmmm... okay uhhh, my own Unification.cfg is empty too... gonna fix that. This is a serious Issue.

• Little question Greg, if I provide you an even better profile pic, will you use it ?

• Sorry I was raging a bit, because I needed to waste a ton of time fixing Issues caused by the Fluid System (even though that was last year), what was the first thing coming to my mind when you said the Pyrotheum thing wasn't a design flaw, with surprisingly unlogical reasoning behind not using OreDicted Recipes. It was a real surprise for me, that you said something like that, considering I knew you as a very logical person.

And sorry again in case what I just said was kinda offending. Sometimes I am just way too open about my reasoning.

And before I forget, I said "IDs only for Sync", but I forgot to mention that IDs are ofcourse also for saving Stuff in World (but saving Fluids as Strings is good too).

I'll stand by the OreDict thing, The oversight was oredicting Pyro in the first place. It risks throwing the balance off, and in the events where something is the only thing in the OreDictionary, it actually slows the crafting process down, simply because of the matching process. It really didn't make sense for Pyro at the time.

As far as the Fluid thing, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I wrote that in 1.6, when certain things were *guaranteed* - namely that client/server mods matched up, period end of story. I wanted to change it up for 1.7 but didn't get the chance due to RL obligations. It was on a big TO-DO note for Lex to implement in my stead, and well, he didn't do it. He hasn't done it for 1.8 either and can't be entirely blamed - he's a great coder but he's not a modder. He doesn't actually use a lot of the systems he has to support.

So, given that a lot of mods are staying on 1.7, cpw and I are going to keep developing Forge 1.7.10, and a Fluid overhaul will happen. Probably enchanting and potions as well. Possibly biomes if we're feeling froggy.

• It was on a big TO-DO note for Lex

Tehe, that TODO Note is probably the only thing bigger than my TODO Note.

It contains (or should contain since months) the Ice Block being Buggy in regards of sending the Harvest Event before setting the Block to Water, instead of after setting the Block to Water (so that people can use the Event to revert that Water Block).

• When I update from gregtech_1.7.10-6.00.02 to gregtech_1.7.10-6.00.24 (the one you posted) my client crashes, these are the log files I think are relevant: (I can't upload them to pastebin, they are larger that the limit)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ew8…pwEvw05dQxnXmCdYOCoa?dl=0

The crash doesn't appear to be about Gregtech, but that's the only thing that has changed.

That should be the important part:

• Ah, Greg said about what I was going to say, sorry for the delay. But yeah, proper design would exclusively use a unified type system instead of multiple object types, MC's design is by an idiot, few mods actually try for betterment like I did, I had a quite good component item system in 1.4.

I'll stand by the OreDict thing, The oversight was oredicting Pyro in the first place. It risks throwing the balance off, and in the events where something is the only thing in the OreDictionary, it actually slows the crafting process down, simply because of the matching process. It really didn't make sense for Pyro at the time.

As far as the Fluid thing, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I wrote that in 1.6, when certain things were *guaranteed* - namely that client/server mods matched up, period end of story. I wanted to change it up for 1.7 but didn't get the chance due to RL obligations. It was on a big TO-DO note for Lex to implement in my stead, and well, he didn't do it. He hasn't done it for 1.8 either and can't be entirely blamed - he's a great coder but he's not a modder. He doesn't actually use a lot of the systems he has to support.

Understatement, Forge really should be more like Terasologies API, it is more like a hobby for him instead of something to make mods with.

P.S., Still phone... >.<