[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I would love to see ores byproducts soon, but as Blood ASP said I would like to have the steam machines (including pipes) ready first.
    Also TC transmutation, not that I miss it that much since I now have the required mana beans to get tin and coppah, but it's still nice.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• So in Gregtech 5/6 can I even somehow unbottle my Fluorine and Arsenic? I'm annoyed there's nothing to use it on, but I do appreciate the mod quite a lot. Good work Greg, I've enjoyed playing this mod a lot!

• If you "kill the vanilla furnace", will it still be craftable ?
    If not you should register the vanilla furnace in the oredict and register your furnace as the vanilla one so that we can at least craft things like RC boilers or arcane furnaces.
    If you don't make it uncraftable, ignore me (at least notice me that you're ignoring me).

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• If you "kill the vanilla furnace", will it still be craftable ?

With killing I meant removing all the Metal Smelting except the weak Metals (Lead, Bismuth, Tin), so that a Smeltery would be the requirement to advance in Metals.

The vanilla Furnace would still do Food Items, Cobblestone->Stone and Stuff, only Metals will be very limited.

• Hrrm what should I add next?

A Mini 1 Block Smeltery capable of smelting up to 9 Material Units, so that I can go and kill the vanilla Furnace?
    Or finally a Machine to use the Power on my Stuff is generating?
    Or another power generator (Steam Turbines, Dynamos etc.)?

A then B then C.

The vanilla Furnace would still do Food Items, Cobblestone->Stone and Stuff, only Metals will be very limited.

Exactly what I did, though I took cobble->stone and such out of my variant, as well as all metals, but yep, sounds perfect.

• @Fluorine uses: I'll give it a use for sure if Greg doesn't once my mod is out. Namely as a crucial step in a LFTR for separation. Gaseous fluorine is bubbled through a fluorination chamber containing molten lithium/bismuth/uranium and reacts with the uranium forming UF6 which rises to the surface and is sucked out.

@Greg your water:steam was 1:160 correct?
    Does anyone know other mod steam ratios?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zerrens ().

• @Greg your water:steam was 1:160 correct?
    Does anyone know other mod steam ratios?

Water->Steam is always 1:160. That standard has been set by Railcraft. That is why IC² has another Fluid for Steam, rather than using the same Railcraft has.

• Out of curiosity, should one not use Nether Ores with Gregtech?

Greg already has his own ores in the nether, thus there is no reason to use Nether Ores, unless you really need those extra ores and you really want pigmen to attack you all the time, in which case you're crazy.

• Thanks--I've actually got my own steam fluid (saturated steam), but there is a config option to make my things use/produce regular 'steam' if you opt for that and forego my balancing.

I guess the real world ratio of 1:1700 is a little..large.

• I guess the real world ratio of 1:1700 is a little..large.

Not if you take the IC2 approach, balancing it around your production rate and just don't make it compatible with Railcraft Steam.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But then again it would make things a little bit chaotic.

This is Gregtech, how complicated/chaotic something is is irrelevant. Features > Usability :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

[ADDED] Raw Tool Heads, which need to be filed in order to use them. This is not going to affect the current Tool Crafting and is meant for Tool Heads created by Molds.

Will you add a machine to sharpen the edges? At the very least a grindstone powered by rotational energy?