[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• a second question about oregen. does the "amount" value in the small ores change the weight of that ore being picked, I.E. all the ores are competing for the same spot, or are each of the small ore spawns independent of eachother?

Pretty sure it's each ore will spawn X times per N chunks. I might be wrong though.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Greeeg ! Help me please ! ;P

I used to be able to put your ores in the Twilight Forest and Enviromine's Cave Dimension back in GT5.

Any chance we could have that back (soon) ? Or maybe I'd better ask Bloody with his Galactic Greg mod ?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT : I could even in Starminer's 0G dimension. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• It still works in those Dimensions. It might just defaults to false. You need to actually go into the Twilight Forest Dimension once in order to see the Config Option. Then just take that Config Option and add it to all the Stuff that needs it.

• Hey guys, since I installed GregTech I keep getting this error, and idk how to fix this sort of error.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Gm27jN8y

Thanks

By reading the Q/A.

Also
    1. The Q/A explicitely mentions this Error and
    2. That Error does not mention GregTech at all and you still post it here instead of at least trying to post it at the Nether Ores Mod?

One Week Ban for not reading Q/A.

• It still works in those Dimensions. It might just defaults to false. You need to actually go into the Twilight Forest Dimension once in order to see the Config Option. Then just take that Config Option and add it to all the Stuff that needs it.

Completely forgot about that. Thanks.

• Some quick tips on finding veins in GT5 (not sure if any of this applies to GT6 cause I haven't messed with it yet). All of this assumes default world config file, so if you've messed with that it may vary.

As wiki says, GT mix veins will spawn in each 3x3 chunk area if height/stone checks pass. To find centers of 3x3 areas, divide absolute value of chunk coordinates by 3. If remainder is 1 for both, it's a center of 3x3 area. For example, (7,4) and (-10,13) are valid. The centers of such chunks are good places to dig straight down when looking for GT veins. But there are a couple special places where you can increase your odds.

Because of how the code is written, the 3x3 areas overlap on the X/Z axes (i.e. when either chunk coordinate is 0). For example, the 3x3 area centered at chunks (7,1) and (7,-1) overlap three chunks (6,0) (7,0) and (8,0). So if you dig down in the center of chunk (7,0), you have a pretty good chance of finding two veins. Note that it's possible to find two veins elsewhere, but the chance is much higher if you are on the X or Z axis. This is doubly true at chunk (0,0). Dig down at the center of this chunk and you have a decent chance to find 4 veins.

Using the weights in config file, you could also calculate the % distribution of ores. For these numbers I'll assume terrain that's high enough that anything could generate. In the overworld, you have a 3% chance of finding Cassiterite (Tin), and 2.4% chance of finding Diamond/Graphite. So all other things being equal, you'd need to dig about 33 holes to find Tin or 42 holes to find Diamond.

Another way to think of it is a circle or square of certain size centered on your home base. If the circle was about 11 chunk radius, or if the square was about 20 chunks on a side, you would find 1 diamond vein within that area on average.

For the rarest veins, like Platinum, that would change to a circle of radius 31 chunks, or a square 55 chunks on a side.

• I thought "-1 % 3 == 2" and therefore this overlap could not happen.

• junglejim My impression was that oregen hasn't changed between GT5 and GT6, but I think your message would fit better in the "Little-known GregTech Tricks" Thread.

GregoriusT the remainder operation gets a bit weird and inconsistent between programming languages when using negative numbers, but I just checked, and in Java -1 % 3 == -1.

I hadn't found where in the code the vein centers are calculated, but I'd been getting good results digging shafts where abs(x)%48==24&&abs(z)%48==24.

• I just looked at my Code and I did do Math.abs, and with Math.abs I do indeed end up with that overlap.

At least it is not as terrible as in Minecraft Beta, where there were different Ore Densities in each Quadrant of the Map.

I thought "-1 % 3 == 2" and therefore this overlap could not happen.

This is the relevant code from BloodAsp's modified version:

Code
    1. if ((Math.abs(this.mX / 16) % 3 == 1) && (Math.abs(this.mZ / 16) % 3 == 1))

The absolute value function causes the overlap. Without abs I think it would work as you say. Maybe it changed in the modified version?

junglejim My impression was that oregen hasn't changed between GT5 and GT6, but I think your message would fit better in the "Little-known GregTech Tricks" Thread.

Oops sorry completely missed that thread, will do that next time ;)