[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Truth is, a lot of societal constructs are falls.

"All men care about looks, at least a little." - false. My first girlfriend had a lazy eye and buckteeth with deformed jaw. Another had gigantic boobs with grody vericose veins that looked like zombieflesh. In fact the cutest/hottest people i've dated were by far the worst- typically very vain, shallow, and conceited. Which is something I canNOT tolerate even in small doses.

"You won't meet the kind of people you want if you go to X/Y" - You'd be surprised. Not all gamer-chicks and nerdgals stay cooped up indoors with low self esteem. They actually get out and mingle more often than not. If you tried, you'd know this!

"All women are the same." - they really aren't, and you're a bad person for thinking so. If you don't mean it in a bigoted way, though, have you considered that you're just not attracted to women? There's nothing wrong with being gay, and there's a distinct possibility also that you aren't a sexual person. Even more odd in society is a sexless relationship, but those can actually be a thing and very healthy. I've been with people I found so physically repulsive that I couldn't find them attractive, but it was still a very good experience for both of us. You just don't have sex. It's that simple. Turns out there's lots of other things to do to be close, bond, and develop something too strong to be called a 'friendship' without having to take it to the bedroom.

"Hookers aren't people." - This one really infuriates me. Ask any actual prostitute and you'll find out that they all have likely been 'rented' at some point for a non-sexual encounter. Sometimes, a guy just wants attention. We act like only women want to be noticed and appreciated, but men do too. We're really not that different. We all want to be liked and admired. We're all human.

^ = Axle's tips for being happier, not necessarily happy, but a lot better off than you would be otherwise.

PS: Girls aren't attracted to guys who are fit because they're hot. Usually it has more to do with the fact they have the self-esteem and dedicated to work out. It shows they can invest effort.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Well this is entirely not the direction I expected that joke to send this thread.

"Hookers aren't people."

Wait there are (still) asshats who actually say this? God damn it humanity.

PS: Girls aren't attracted to guys who are fit because they're hot. Usually it has more to do with the fact they have the self-esteem and dedicated to work out. It shows they can invest effort.

I don't have it in me to consistently work out, but self-esteem and confidence are two of the four forces that keep me going, allow me to interact with other humans (including women), and get other people to like me and keep me around.

• Am I the only old guy that read Greg's thread? Been married 20+ years and definitely NOT looking for a gf :D

Well, if this were Java, then "public class Wife extends Girlfriend", therefore if you want to keep your Wife, you do want a Girlfriend, since Wife is an instance of Girlfriend.

My first girlfriend had a lazy eye and buckteeth with deformed jaw. Another had gigantic boobs with grody vericose veins that looked like zombieflesh.

I don't know if you saying that would count as a huge insult to them.

"You won't meet the kind of people you want if you go to X/Y" - You'd be surprised. Not all gamer-chicks and nerdgals stay cooped up indoors with low self esteem.

Yes, some of them stay indoors with high self esteem. :P

I've been with people I found so physically repulsive that I couldn't find them attractive, but it was still a very good experience for both of us. You just don't have sex. It's that simple. Turns out there's lots of other things to do to be close, bond, and develop something too strong to be called a 'friendship' without having to take it to the bedroom.

I think that is defined as "Best Friend"-ship. And sex is indeed not everything. Fun is much more important.

Even more odd in society is a sexless relationship, but those can actually be a thing and very healthy.

Warning, very bad joke incoming: So Marriage is very healthy?

Well this is entirely not the direction I expected that joke to send this thread.

Technically Mine_Sasha did, since I replied to him as much as I replied to you.

Wait there are (still) asshats who actually say this? God damn it humanity.

Faith in humanity lost again. Anyone care to help me find it?

I don't have it in me to consistently work out, but self-esteem and confidence are two of the four forces that keep me going, allow me to interact with other humans (including women), and get other people to like me and keep me around.

Having a Goal is important too. Since it is very unlikely if not impossible for me to actually reach absolute immortality, making awesome Games and Mods is much more doable and fun too.

• And, making fun games is actually not a bad way to meet chicks. Just as Peter Molyneaux.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I recommend you using GT5U and yes it is worth since the development of GT6 might take a while..

• While almost everyone on this Thread including me wants a Girlfriend(...)

I'm waiting the release of an O.S. with Scarlett Johansson voice. Man that movie was good.

And I don't see the problem with hookers. They are just normal people that gain money offering a service.
    I never used this service tough, because I prefer to use my money on games, as they usually entertain me for about +40 hours.

Just a matter of cost-benefit.
    (Maybe someday Steam starts a Pimp service, with summer sales and so, and good hookers get cheaper, who knows...):D

• I'm waiting the release of an O.S. with Scarlett Johansson voice.

I prefer a neutral Robotic Voice. I don't want to be together with a Computer in that fashion.

And I don't see the problem with hookers. They are just normal people that gain money offering a service.

The Main Problem is that you basically don't know the hooker personally, the secondary Problem is of the obvious medical kind, and the tertiary but probably most important Problem is that most hookers are forced to do that Job, be it either due to being unemployed without any perspective, or because of criminals.

I never used this service tough, because I prefer to use my money on games, as they usually entertain me for about +40 hours.

Last time I used Money on a Game was when I bought a Minecraft Account a few years ago.

Just a matter of cost-benefit.
    (Maybe someday Steam starts a Pimp service, with summer sales and so, and good hookers get cheaper, who knows...) :D

Again EWWWWWWW, you cannot just do to Hookers what you can do to Games, you cannot copypaste a hooker to sell a bunch more of them, and get the Money back to the original hooker (without the copies getting anything from it). This is not Futurama where you can copy Celebrities into Robots and sell them.