[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• When is the actual moment when ore gets melded? For example if Melting point of Bronze: 1357 K. So when my Crucible reaches 1357 K temperature, will ore immediately be melted? Or how much time should pass? Because if it is like this. Then the best option would be to leave Crucible empty. Fire it and wait until it reaches 1357 K (because it is empty it will be much faster) and then throw Ore into it and get the result. This way we save time because if Crucible is full it will take much longer to heat up.
    What happens if i put into Crucible Ores that don't have a recipe or if i put in wrong proportions? (for example instead of 3copper+1tin i put 3copper+random or 4copper+1tin)?

• When is the actual moment when ore gets melded? For example if Melting point of Bronze: 1357 K. So when my Crucible reaches 1357 K temperature, will ore immediately be melted? Or how much time should pass? Because if it is like this. Then the best option would be to leave Crucible empty. Fire it and wait until it reaches 1357 K (because it is empty it will be much faster) and then throw Ore into it and get the result. This way we save time because if Crucible is full it will take much longer to heat up.

If you throw stuff into the Crucible it will instantly cool down to the proper temperature, you cannot cheat your way around that.

What happens if i put into Crucible Ores that don't have a recipe or if i put in wrong proportions? (for example instead of 3copper+1tin i put 3copper+random or 4copper+1tin)?

Then you have 1 Copper and 4 Bronze. You better read the Crucible Manual.

• kebal

you DO know that you can edit posts and thus don't have to doublepost, right?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• What really made you remove all that good working stuff from GT5 and start from scratch? How long do you think it would take to remake the whole mod?

The post was edited 3 times, last by kebal ().

• It will take months if not a year until GT6 has a complete progression. You found out yourself that there are allmost no machine.

If you want to start playing now, use GT5 [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Finally a real endgame! Now new: Achievements!
    Even trough going trough all of GT5U will take weeks or months and (currently) ends with the construction of a Mark III fusion reactor and neutronium production, you will pretty sure finish before GT6 ist complete and then want to restart a world anyways.

The world not transferring over from GT5 to GT6 might sound bad, but the changes are so huge, there is nothing to take over anyways.

• What really made you remove all that good working stuff from GT5 and start from scratch? How long do you think it would take to remake the whole mod?

I dont think that you understand how GT, as an example of good coding approach, really works.

The most important part of GT are "tools" which Greg provides freely to everyone, the core of his mod, an API. What that basically means, that this is like a big box of Legos - you can take the provided bricks and build almost anything out of it. Greg takes pride (absolutely justified) in his very own "box of Legos" which he constantly improves, making the blocks easier accessible and more optimized. The API was never realm fully deleted, and is always in constant development. If you open what you have downloaded with gt 6 you will see that you actually have all the bricks needed to implement almost everything there was in gt 5.

Now, what Greg did, is that hr was not really satisfied with the quality of his old constructions, which used the older versions of his API, so he removed them and worked on improving the quality of his said API. When he has done all the changes to the brickbox he thinks are necessary, he can then use it to quickly rebuild all of his old and new ideas.

Meanwhile, if you really-really want to play with GregTech, you can use what exists with the older API and polished by our glorious forum member, which has almost anything you'd wish for. Otherwise you'll have to wait till Greg has played around with his API enough that he starts reimplementing content again. ;)

• This is what Greg did a year and a half ago when he ended GregTech 4 to start GregTech 5... starting with re-creating the old IC2 Energy Net and the construction of the meta-item system. GT5 never got everything back from GT4, but it got a whole host of new things in stead. GT6 now has only a fraction of GT5, but has its own host of new systems. (Actually, this goes back further as well; GT3 began with Greg transitioning to make all GT blocks MetaTileEntities, and not everything from GT2 made it through intact; the only time I know that Greg has done a full version evolution and not rebuilt everything was GT3->GT4, where the main development was the addition of Steam machines but earlier existing systems were not sacrificed.)

Still... A little bit of me feels that Greg is trying too hard to flush out things pre-mechanization, particularly given GregTech's IndustrialCraft roots.

• What that basically means, that this is like a big box of Legos - you can take the provided bricks and build almost anything out of it. Greg takes pride (absolutely justified) in his very own "box of Legos" which he constantly improves, making the blocks easier accessible and more optimized.

Basically, I am Lord Business. According to this comparision.

• Greg, and others, why I was talking about books was that in:

"Troy Rising" series starting with "Live Free or Die" by John Ringo (and the webcomic "Schlock Mercenary" it is meant as a prequel to) :D :D :D :D
    6 main technologies (in chronological order ):
    The Gates - 10km internal diameter, 1-3m rings, move things effectively instantly from one star to another.
    Grav. Plates - few understand them, you need something like them to make them, all force is on the bearing, a "stator" bearing is the best, mess-ups can lead to it eating itself, things in it's AOE getting explosively puled or pushed to or from the center of it's AOE.
    SAPL - TECHNICALLY a mining instrument and not a laser.
    REALISTICALLY a laser with eventually approx. less than 1 exawatt capable of mining out the processed material in invading ships, through their shields and armor, by showing them a very good image, with a great telescope, of the sun.
    Troy - a comet ballooned 2.2 Trilion Ton (which "ton" IDK) astroid, 9 km outside diameter, 1.5 km walls, practically indestructible. originally immobile. -- They just kept making these.
    Franklin - a gas mine, mining He-3, the main fuel, from a gas giant, on giant steel alloy washers held up by a space elevator of lightning rods and carbon fiber nano-tube ropes 1m in diameter.
    Orion Plan - Troy's movement, ingredients ~10 springs, 1 huge plate, 1 clean nuke per "some acceleration unit" required.

"Spinward Fringe" starting with "Origins" / "Resurrection" by Randolph Lalonde
    They 3d printed almost everything, apparently directly from energy.

"Tinker's Daughter" + sequels by Randolph Lalonde (I didn't like it as much personally)
    They create giant, 1m long, 1/8 m radius, (steel) spring cored airplanes which they gear-shift to connect to the wheels when they land to recover ~(85>x>50)% (I think I read that much, been a while) of their used energy. :!: :!:

"Honor Harrington" starting with "On Basilisk Station" by John Ringo :D
    The possibly GT usable techs are too diverse and complicated to explain, It is too good, and It takes me about a week to re-read the series, at max time spent to reading (x about less than 15 hours/day).

"Steam Legion" by Evan Currie

They created steam cannons with flash boiler pots, various valve types, ballista bolts and cannon-ball rocks. :!: :!:

• Greg how about a ladle for carrying liquid metals to the molds. Then you could have more molds ready than just putting them on the sides of the crucible. When the metal in the ladel gets too cold, it just drops nuggets on the ground when you right click on the mold. Also instead of the heat climbing at the same rate no matter what the temperture you make it so that it slows as it gets hotter.

The second thing is metals react with air very readily "Sodium" , "lithium" and tungsten when its hot. So how about some inert gases required for melting them.

I really like this new crucible melting system but how about an industrial version, that can hold more liquid metal, A big multi-block machine?! The "arc furnace" reminds me of early massive eletric furnaces that used carbon electrodes to melt things. The "plama furnace" make me think of the plasma cutter I have outside, It just about cuts anything that is a metal so why couln't it melt just about anything? plasma cutter = mini light saber!

The last thing is chromium !! holy crap. I can see it as electrical maybe but not for foundry equipment.

• Does anybody know how long the LV Replicator needs to replicate one item? Depends the time on the element and used UUM or is it the same for all kind of elements, no matter if it´s Chrome, Osmium or Uranium 238?