[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• http://imgur.com/a/9SiQf#0

GRAAAG, you should add conveyors to GT. And pickers/robot arms/splitters/pushers. A little slice of factorio for us logistics obsessives!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Back in 1.4 when that one mod (factorization? I forget) it seemed to make no impact at all even with many many of them in use.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Factorization adds it's silly servos, but nothing multiblocky. MFR adds conveyor belts if that's what you were remembering too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ahhh Assembly Line, how long ago that seems (and probably is). Voltz/Ampz wasn't that big a pack though, so you could fill the world with things in a way you just can't with today's giant packs.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• MFR! MineFactory Reloaded, that was the one I was thinking of! I used the shit out of conveyors, even if impractical, and loved it. NOTHING, but NOTHING feels as awesome as a big conveyor-driven room full of your products marching along like a real manufactory!

Quoted from "zorn":

• Conveyors were good, but there was no good way to drop items onto them, or pick them up. That's what was always missing from the belts flying around my base.

I see this too much.

• I used those dropper things that dropped items on the ground. Always got it square on. Used it to run a sugarcane farm.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Currently, GT conveyors (and machine auto-export) can drop items inworld (if they are pointing towards air).
    Now to collect them... I wonder if the drain cover could serve such purpose, or another one of the sort...

• You can point a MFR conveyer beld towards inventories such as chest of items router. And if you place them going from one inventory to another I forgot if it would automatically empty it.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Either way, conveyors may be a bit impractical compared to efficient (pneumatic..?) GT pipes, but much more realistic and there's something basically awesome about a factory full of marching products. It's why I like Factorio.

Now, I have a major complaint about Factorio and getting mods to work, and it's 'on or off' style difficulty settings, but that's a different topic entirely.

I just wanna see conveyors in GT. Maybe it would be possible to subvert the power/electricity code so conveyors need power equal to 1t/block from one end or another? Or even a mechanical/rotary version? Ah, btu that's getting complicated, and GT isn't about that now is it? XD

Quoted from "zorn":

• Heat is truly an amazing thing, but kinetic would be way more practical. Axle is right, having some conveyer belts being turned on / off by a rotary convertion would truly be the most amazing thing in GT6.
    Also kinetic and electricity could work together, for example the turbine inside the ore washer sifting the ore would require some kind of rotors which would slowly break / rust over time (unless it is made out of stainless steel) that would actually turn on (akin the grindstone from applied, but more tech-ish) the washer.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• could also be compatible with rotarycraft power, since that's kinetic too.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• The brand new SSD just died, so that's why the server is down. I'm putting yet another SSD in now, should be up sometime tonight. This server is expensive to just *RUN*!

Quoted from "zorn":

• I went back like 30 pages and couldn't find the post where that guy was asking for permission to include GT6 in his TFC pack. Can someone refer me to his site or the post?

• Who remember that Voltz mod that added different cables but then was completely dropped and dl links we're removed ? This mod added a generator I loved for PVP xD It was a generator that generated a lot of energy if placed at 5000 64 5000 or the value you choose in the config, with 5000 can be negative so you had 4 in total ^ ^

• Who remember that Voltz mod that added different cables but then was completely dropped and dl links we're removed ?

It was dropped in the 1.5.2 version of Voltz, Electrical Expansion I think.

I see this too much.

• Gregtech must be one of the coolest mods I've ever used. Just two questions though; 1. I have disabled Ic2 copper, tin, and uranium, and forestry copper, tin, and apatite, as all of the named have gregtech equivalents, both small and regular ores. Are you supposed to turn of these and just use gregtech ores, or are you supposed to let all these generate at ones? 2. I have noticed that different biomes tend to generate different ores, which is really awesome. I am playing in a large biomes world, with a mine in a forest biome. I have gotten quite few ores, and the only ores I have gotten so far are small lead ore, small galena ore (which also can be turned into lead), and small banded iron ore (which does not much of a use, but can be turned into regular iron if you smelt it together with a bunch of other stuff that I do not have). Am I supposed to mine at a particular height to get particular minerals? I know it is so in vanilla. Sorry for asking so stupid questions, I will probably get banned.