[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• First, a sifter machine. I used it for a while and I dont see any benefits from it. from 6 possible variants of output, can it get multiple ouputs per 1 item or not, is it limited to single input item = single output item?
    Isnt it a bit unfair anyways, that it gives 1 dust with 50% and after that the next "best" thing with 40% is JUST 1\4 of a dust, 20% for JUST half and a second chance to get a dust is again only with 15%. basically it means that you get 1 dust per input in 40%+15% chance. Most of the time I seem to get dust+1\4 or 1\2 from a single item and I kinda cant see the benefits of this machine, as it takes alot of time for a single process and its results are not some macerator\ore washer type. It should give SOME bonus on AVERAGE, but I "sifted" several stacks of purified ruby dust and struggled to have any increase - plain hammering with 1:1 seemed better. If you would explain what this machine is best used for, I would be grateful.

It can definitely produce multiple outputs per input item, and here are some calculations I did a few months ago to show the benefits of it (calculations were for diamond, but ruby has the same chances for the different gem qualities):
    200 ore blocks = 200 regular diamonds in forge hammer

200 ore blocks = 300 industrial diamonds via maceration, hammer (or re-maceration), centrifuge, and implosion compressor (which can be converted to regular diamonds if desired).

Predicted average for sifting 400 purified diamond ore (from 200 ore blocks):
    4 exquisite diamonds (convert to 16 regular)
    16 flawless diamonds (convert to 32 regular)
    60 regular diamonds
    total without implosion compressor: 108 diamonds
    80 flawed diamonds (convert to 40 dust, so 30 industrial diamonds)
    160 chipped diamonds (convert to 40 dust, so 30 industrial diamonds)
    200 diamond dust (150 industrial diamonds)
    total dust: 280 (210 industrial diamonds)
    total with implosion compressor: 318 diamonds

318 diamonds vs. 300 might not be a big advantage until you consider that at LV it takes 307 seconds to centrifuge impure diamond dust vs. 40 seconds to sift purified diamond ore.

For ruby, centrifuging the impure dust only takes 10 seconds at LV, so the sifter isn't as big an advantage, and if dust is the goal, the sifter produces less than centrifuging (388 dust from sifter vs. 400 from centrifuge).

Hammering the ore blocks directly is still inferior to both sifting and centrifuging, and once you make a universal macerator, there are only two processing recipes I can think of that the forge hammer is still optimal for: converting sandstone to sand (since it has no byproducts), and getting the "gem" form of coal (since as far as I can tell, the dust can't be converted back to "gem" form)

The sifter is also good for nether/certus quartz, since those don't have chipped/flawed/etc. variants, and give regular quartz for those slots, so 100 ore blocks would give on average 320 quartz gems and 200 dust. (vs. just 200 quartz gems by hammering the ore or 400 dust by processing ending with the centrifuge)

• Sifting have chance of multiple outputs, so even when I want dusts, I use it, and macerate all the gems after.

• Greg, I meant hammering of purified dust, not hammering raw ore blocks. Hammering PD gives 1 purified=1dust, and thats 2 dusts per ore block and so I wondered, why the hell would I need that machine, if it doesnt give any reliable x1.2-x1.5 bonus and that I can get a dust per PD without having to waste tons of energy aaand time by that high-tech anvil-thrower in the corner.
    So I see, its benefit is,as I see it now, to get SOME items and not their dusts. Not sure how it works in GTv5 compared to GTv6, but compared to simply hammering, where I get only dusts, I might get raw materials, which is SOMETIMES more important than dusts, like for thouse thaumcraft crystals, nether quarts, diamonds, etc. Correct me if Im wrong.

• By the way, my suggestion might be out of date for newer GT, but still:
    As far as I can see, there is no other way to use IC2 fluid reactors and hot coolant other than vanilla ic2, even with gregtech, as GT has no machine to consume IC2 superheated steam (correct me if im wrong) and to return distilled water back. So, it feels like GT has 1 particular spot uncovered :) I want moar choices for ic2 turbines, other than stacks of steel into nothingless. Maybe better hot coolant > energy

• By the way, my suggestion might be out of date for newer GT, but still:
    As far as I can see, there is no other way to use IC2 fluid reactors and hot coolant other than vanilla ic2, even with gregtech, as GT has no machine to consume IC2 superheated steam (correct me if im wrong) and to return distilled water back. So, it feels like GT has 1 particular spot uncovered :) I want moar choices for ic2 turbines, other than stacks of steel into nothingless. Maybe better hot coolant > energy

GT5u has machines for those fluids:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Heat_Exchanger
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Turbine

• Greg, you wrote that the old overclocking will still be in place. Could you add a config for the efficiency of overclocking? So that we could get 3times speed by 4times energy input, or 4times speed by 4times input?

• I searched so long on google and couldnt find anything how i could fix this problem.In my opinion its is a game breaking bug or im just too dumb to fix it.
    Every Time I put 39 Bauxit and 12 Empty Cells the Electrolzyer wont start.It should transform this to 1 Titanium and some Aluminium dust.
    I hooked it up to a MV 4x Times Battery Buffer with 4x MV Sodium Battery (200k Eu each) and it still doesnt work
    Im adding a few pictures here:
    The electrolyzer plus cable:http://www.pic-upload.de/view-…5-10-07_16.57.44.png.html The Battery Buffer:https://gyazo.com/1e53b8ff7fd0294afcbc1ec43fda865b The GUI of the electrolyzer:https://gyazo.com/9bc98be4eb7a27d02d1b9a1cabcd71e8 The NEI Recipe:https://gyazo.com/be6ea2a92a0b063d3809d9280092b5db
    Thanks for anyhelp and for any answers , seriously i tried anything either im too dumb or its a bug (it occurs in 2.3.3 and 2.3.4)

• I searched so long on google and couldnt find anything how i could fix this problem.In my opinion its is a game breaking bug or im just too dumb to fix it.
    Every Time I put 39 Bauxit and 12 Empty Cells the Electrolzyer wont start.It should transform this to 1 Titanium and some Aluminium dust.
    I hooked it up to a MV 4x Times Battery Buffer with 4x MV Sodium Battery (200k Eu each) and it still doesnt work
    Im adding a few pictures here:
    The electrolyzer plus cable:http://www.pic-upload.de/view-…5-10-07_16.57.44.png.html The Battery Buffer:https://gyazo.com/1e53b8ff7fd0294afcbc1ec43fda865b The GUI of the electrolyzer:https://gyazo.com/9bc98be4eb7a27d02d1b9a1cabcd71e8 The NEI Recipe:https://gyazo.com/be6ea2a92a0b063d3809d9280092b5db
    Thanks for anyhelp and for any answers , seriously i tried anything either im too dumb or its a bug (it occurs in 2.3.3 and 2.3.4)

Just a wild guess. Is copper cable actually attached to the output dot of battery buffer? Did you try to run any other recepies with this electrolyzer?

• Zulfurlubak Yes it was connected with the Dot but still thanks for the advice it would have been a total newbie error but this was the cause

Dr.Terr This could be the problem , im using Universal Fluid Cells from Industrial Craft but i cant see the Greg tech Cell Recipe in NEI (im playing Beyond Reality 2.3.4)

thanks for the help

I see i need to make Tin plates and then put them in the bending machine with a configured chip

• Is it GT cells or IC2 cells?
    Since you can only use GT cells.

Dr.Terr This could be the problem , im using Universal Fluid Cells from Industrial Craft but i cant see the Greg tech Cell Recipe in NEI (im playing Beyond Reality 2.3.4)

The GT5 electrolyzer/centrifuge recipes call for the IC2 "empty cell", not the GT large steel/tungstensteel fluid cell or the IC2 universal fluid cell. GT's handling of empty cells is somewhat inconsistent with IC2's, since they're supposed to be single-use (UFCs are multi-use).

I see i need to make Tin plates and then put them in the bending machine with a configured chip

You can also use an LV extruder to make empty cells.

• IIRC all GT machines return cells whereas other mods do not, and in past versions of GT the GT recipe for the empty cell is significantly more expensive than vanilla IC2, which explains why they are reusable.

True, the GT recipe uses 2 tin ingots (in the extruder, or 2 tin plates in a bending machine) to make 1 empty cell, instead of getting 3 from 1 tin plate with the metal former

However, they're only reusable in GT machines - the IC2 fluid/solid canning machine (which does not get disabled by default GT5 configs) still consumes them when emptied, and presumably other mods that can use them do so as well.

• However, they're only reusable in GT machines - the IC2 fluid/solid canning machine (which does not get disabled by default GT5 configs) still consumes them when emptied, and presumably other mods that can use them do so as well.

Extracells AE1/2 fluid terminals don't consume IC2 cells, and it is a good thing.
    It is still frustrating how there is no more use for the large GT tungstensteel fluid cells. It always hurt my logic when I see plasma in a tin cell.

• It is still frustrating how there is no more use for the large GT tungstensteel fluid cells. It always hurt my logic when I see plasma in a tin cell.

Plasma in a tungstensteel cell wouldn't make much more sense either though.

It'd have to be an electric powered storage... too much trouble.

• Hi.
    I have another question. In most machines, there is a slot to the bottom right. I use it to store stuff, since "it accepts". But what it is for?
    Another - is about energy hatches. I may be mistaken, but am I correct to assume, that each hatch tier is same as machine tier, as it speeds up the process in the multiblock at the cost of additional energy? Or is it the same cost/process with each voltage tier?
    Another - I dont understand that blast furnace. It says - voltage - 120. Yet, it cant work with 2amp X128v, nor with 3amp X128 and can only work with 4amps x128 and 2 hatches. I thought that 120 means 1 amp X120v. Please explain
    Again, I play GT 5 port on 1710

• then why dont you ask in the thread with the port?

And that Slot is for special Items, only few Machines actually use it, like the Printer to store the book you want to copy and things.