[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• like the new smelting systems lack of a higher tier in speed and industrial context, ore washers always had that habit of annoying me considering i usually need 6 of these to keep up with my macerators, the same speed could be tolerable however if their was an option in the GT config that i could increase the output instead of increasing the input, namely one could put like 16 ore in at the same time and get the same amount of byproducts only it would be faster, maybe this wont be the default but, perhaps a higher tier.

Regardless as much as I love Gregtech's Oregen, Chemical Variety, and of course the old bronze age. Anyways the game lacks endgame mass production that could handle resources in the well millions and what it comes to cobble in the billions (3.929 B to be exact). I'm talking machines that could processes stacks of resources in the time the smaller ones take to process it. Granted these would have to be at least 200 times more expensive to make and considering they're speed would rely on the size of the multiblock one decides to make, and granted one would probably have to have a whole reactor devoted to this stuff i kinda like it. Also i kinda feel that GT needs more power generation options perhaps the same principles will apply with them, as a means to get higher voltage for higher machines.

Remember 1/2mv2 if a machine is 2x bigger it's as efficient as if it was 4x faster.

Remember When dealing with 3x3 chunk bases, size really isn't a factor in anything. And one giant machine doing one giant crafting processes is far less lag than 128 machines doing the same processes. Machines use Ram to the same extent of quarried chunks. I may have a 16 Ram laptop but, it needs to be more efficient (got like 20 huge mods)

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• Hi guys,

As I post here for the first time I'd like to say that I really like the idea of GregTech. I've been playing it since GT4 (if I can say it that way).
    Now I've got little problem (maybe it's stupid but let's try to ask): is it normal that I can't make lead or copper plates from double ingots?
    I started new game and realized that it's impossible to start. I can make bismuth plates so I have bismuth burning box. I aslo got ceramic crucible and mold but need chisel. And since I can't make copper nor lead plates and bismuth tools need tungstensteel rod I'm stuck with this burning box, crucible and mold not being able to use them.
    I already tried to serch through internet and on this forum but didn't found answer for my question. Also tried to change config but also unsuccessfully.
    Looks like I can't make plates from double ingots from material that are present in ic2 - lead, tin, copper, silver etc.

I would be really thankful if anyone helped me

• Is it really not there? There SHOULD be a Recipe for double Ingots to Plates. Edit: Just checked, there IS a Recipe for it. It is shaped 1 Hard Hammer above a Double Ingot of Copper.

Pyro, that Icon is PURELY Decorative, do whatever you want with it ;)

• Pyro, that Icon is PURELY Decorative, do whatever you want with it ;)

Nice ! And I guess the "S" slot in the default GUI is the "special slot" we used to have in GT5 for things like data orbs ?

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Is it really not there? There SHOULD be a Recipe for double Ingots to Plates. Edit: Just checked, there IS a Recipe for it. It is shaped 1 Hard Hammer above a Double Ingot of Copper.

I don't know what really happened but when I updated from 6.00.57 to 58 those recipes magically appeared xd
    Anyway thanks for help and sorry for cusing confusion

• I was just re-reading the change-log and saw:

6.00.49:
    [ADDED] Dissolving Enchant against Slimes. Default Materials for that are Copper, Annealed Copper and Hepatizon. Salt and Rocksalt too in theory, but you can't make Weapons of those. This also works against some Twilight Forest Mobs.

And I wondered if it would be reasonable to be able to "glue" some amount of dusts to tools to get extra enchantments or enchantment levels.

• Can we open GT chests when they have a block above? Because machine automatically outputting to the bottom is pointless without pipes and with hoppers.
    Input of both items and fluids at the top? Unless GT adds a way to input both items and fluids through one pipe, automation is now officially dead for some recipes. Perhaps having convoyer belts routing the items on top of the machine, having a drain module at the top, could automatically input them and another pipe, controlled by redstone could start dropping the fluid from directly above when needed.
    BTW, minecraft 1.9 is going to be out in a few weeks, I wonder what the first mod available for it will be (not counting Forge as a mod).

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Can we open GT chests when they have a block above?

Yes.

Input of both items and fluids at the top?

That is ONLY the case for Machines which don't use both Items and Fluids in Recipes. In case of Centrifuge and Electrolyzer you even DON'T WANT both to be inside at once, because the Recipes wouldn't work with overfluent Inputs.

• How come Inventory Tweaks doesn't properly recognize the GT chests as inventories that they can sort? Are the GT chests implemented oddly?

That means, that they are neither vanilla Chests, nor Iron Chests Chests.

• Greg, will you add big (and better) machines like large boilers or large blast furnaces in the near future? I mean after electricity and pipes are added.

• Greg, will you add big (and better) machines like large boilers or large blast furnaces in the near future? I mean after electricity and pipes are added.

/\
    Asking for update
    Ban

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded