[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I just tested steam ones. For now, I need to disconnect pipes to not let them work, because just shutting down is not permanent :P
    When I will have electric ones, I can test them, too

Found the Issue. I forgot that all Booleans have to default to false, or else their state doesn't load properly (due to me optimizing the "false" boolean away from NBTs), but the "mRunning" boolean was defaulting true.

But I want to ask you How I can get rubber when I can't get extractor which need rubber for copper cable?
    I know it is like "I cannot make X without using Y but need X in order to make Y in the first place!!!" but I really need help for it.
    there isn't much source for a newby to learn.
    Anyway, by what process, can I get rubber(bar)? (No extractor)

There is a recent Machine that creates Rubber Nuggets from Latex. And also a Machine that does Sticky Resin => Latex. Both Machines dont need Rubber to be created.

Second, I don't know why when I go into the GUI of oven or other machines like lath, the GUI get red.

Red GUI? What? Screenshot please. (you can attach Files to posts, you don't need an image hosting service)

I have tried liquid, item cable, and IC2 cable, but none of them solved the problem.

The Changelog mentions what to insert at which Side. I seriously need to add Tooltips so people know what to insert where, even though the Textures kinda show it already.

Third, I just want you to say yes or no for this one.
    Is aluminum in a form of ore like coal ore, or is it contained in other ores?

Dunno if it still spawns along Bauxite (sorry for not saying yes or no), but if it doesn't then use Byproduct washing in Cauldron to get Aluminium.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you are not mad about asking these questions. :)

Recently I am not as mad about questions as I usually am.

• You painted your machine red. I forget how to wash it though

• I have tried everything I could to find out how to give kinetic energy to the squeezers,
    but nothing worked.

Since it doesnt work with cables, how can I give KU to squeezer?
    Like with holes, other transporting pipes, or air?
    I want to see a picture of example if you don't mind.

I have also found that some other machines require rotational energy...
    No wiki or youtube have information about rotational energy neither changelog does.
    I want to know what RU is, what machines have RU, and how I can give RU to the gregtech machines(with holes in machines?).
    Picture please if you don't mind.

(If I understand fully enough, I will put it on my blog in Korean. :))
    Thank you

• hello everyone, I'm back into gregtech after a few months of absence and I have some questions, as there is not much info anywhere how to properly do things in the new GT.

Currently I'm trying to make my first iron. I watched some youtube tutorials but guys over there use clean magnetite dust to get their iron. I know you can handwash dusts and crushed ores, but obviously I can't make a cauldron yet. So the question is, what is the actual way to cast the iron? I found somewhere that pyrite smelts directly into few nuggets worth of iron with no extra additions required, but then again I probably need to get it cleaned before putting it into the crucible. Am I getting things right? I tried to smelt dirty crushed magnetite ore but I only got stone plate in the mold ^^

Also, is hammering coal ore directly in the world the only way to get coal early in the game?

If someone feels like it, I would aprreciate a quick tutorial how to make steel, since I have a feeling I would be coming back to the forums real soon and bug you with this noobish questions.

Yes, I searched the thread a bit for some info, however I really dont have enough time to read those countless pages. I found the info about making rubber though ^^
    thanks in advance

• You painted your machine red. I forget how to wash it though

Suprisingly, that cannot be the reason since the GUI coloring has been removed a while ago. I think I fixed it anyways by just setting the color to nothing again.

Use the GT Steam Engine, or if you are later in the Game, the GT Electric Engine to power stuff with KU.

For RU you need to use the GT Electric Motor for now.

Also, is hammering coal ore directly in the world the only way to get coal early in the game?

There are small Coal Ores too.

If someone feels like it, I would aprreciate a quick tutorial how to make steel, since I have a feeling I would be coming back to the forums real soon and bug you with this noobish questions.

Look into the GT Book that explains Iron. There are some GT Books that explain other stuff too.

• For starting Iron/Steel is the easiest way to do exploring and melting armors/minecarts/things you can find :) Hunting zombies or iron is also good thing to do...
    And then better than magnetite is to use Limonite.

• I think he was talking about my video and I used what was available at the time and that was magnetite. the dust being purified/cleaned doesn't matter as long as it is dust you wont get the slag of stone.

• thanks everybody, I finally get my chance tonight to play for a few hours, I'll try make some iron by following your advices.

And yes, I was watching bear's video. I'm going to watch your tutorial for steel later, it's great that someone is doing those tutorials so thanks and keep it up!

Also Greg, new GT is great, I actually came back to Minecraft just because of this mod.

• Monokei, one BIG advice: DO MATH. Because otherwise your world will burn xD Some Excel table for counting the right amount of fuel is crucial...otherwise it is painful try & error way...

If you are not sure, stay at least 5 metres away, or expect to get burnt :D Welcome to GregTech :D

• I actually have a google doc spreadsheet for the early game crucible runs... it doesn't seem to be 100% accurate, and there is one bug I'm aware of involving having the same item in the crucible twice, but it's usually about right. I could see my way to sharing it if people would be interested...

• I think it is because he does not allow cauldron to cool down completely before he starts with another round?
    I overwalked it by pickaxing the crucible and placing it back, to reset its temperature...
    But my spreadsheet is somehow stable, as I am aware of

BTW: fun is with horse armors. So low units of leather but crucible visually seems to be nearly full... xD

• I actually have a google doc spreadsheet for the early game crucible runs... it doesn't seem to be 100% accurate, and there is one bug I'm aware of involving having the same item in the crucible twice, but it's usually about right. I could see my way to sharing it if people would be interested...

I'm interested man! please share if you don't mind.

The post was edited 2 times, last by monokei ().

• low units? Most leather just burns away :P

BURNS = behaves like explosion, yes. Lol. Just putting it in and removig all scrap to get rid o leather xD.

monokei :
    My spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spread…R3hIF8rM/edit?usp=sharing
    Something is not in ENG, but you can probably get what is what. I think you can copy it for yourself and then edit it as you want? If no, tell me, I will get some editable copy. The key is to add the right numbers for the start - "Input numbers" sheet - the right biome temperature (the temperature of idle crucible - I got it by NBTEDIT, I live in some BOP Lush Swamp...), then what crucible material you use - just copy it into purple places
    Then in "Heat Counting" tab just edit blue ones to set the mass you throw into crucible (I got some most used ones at the right) and the temperatures (error is the temperature when bad stuff happens - for Iron I have the temp of changing it into wrought iron, because so much things in other mods needs pure iron...) and then it counts the effective numbers of HU you need, so then you just need to know what fuel gives how much HU :) And then putting in the fuel so you are between melting and error, and have enough time to pour liquid into molds :)

GT knihovna tab is just my library of GT books I just found yet ^^

The post was edited 2 times, last by HanakoCZ ().