[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The Chemical Formula is evenly divisible by 2 if you didn't notice that.

Yeah, I know it is divisible by 2, but with that you arrive to the empyrical formula, which does not represent the estructure of the compound and it is incorrect. In this case you need to use the molecular formula in order to represent in the right manner the compound. The Empyrical formula is the proportion in which the elements are in the molecule, but IT DOES NOT show the real ammount in the molecule, that is shown in the Molecular formula. In general, the Empyrical formula and the Molecular formula meet, but sometimes they do not.

Example of these is the formula of hydrogen peroxide: it is HO under the empyrical formula, which tells that there is 1 atom of hydrogen per oxygen atom inside the molecule; this formula does not represent the molecule, which is H2O2 (molecular formula). Another example: nitrogen tetroxide; it is NO2 under the empyrical formula but the correct formula is N2O4. I know about it, I'm chemist.

Glyceryl Trinitrate? You mean TNT? Sorry but GT6 literally doesn't have TNT. That stuff is Nitroglycerine also known as Glyceryl. And Glycerol is another different organic thing.

I looked this in the electrolyzer recipe of glycerol as name of fluid (which is C3H5(OH)3 as chemical formula or the chemical name is 1,2,3-propanetriol) and in the tooltip expanded it says "contains xxx amounts of glyceryl". So the name seems to be wrong as it is showing the electrolyzing recipe of nitroglycerine.

Also, TNT is trinitrotoluene (made by trating toluene with a nitration mixture (1:1 nitric acid/sulfuric acid) but not trinitroglycerine (which is abbreviated as GTN or TGN). TNT and nitroglycerine are two different explosives.

MauveCloud , the same happens in GT5u.
    @Greg, if you need help with this I can lend you a hand.

• I dont know wtf is going on but the Fluid on your screenshots is NOT the glycerol added by GT. Some other Mod you have must have registered some badly named Fluid.

• I dont know wtf is going on but the Fluid on your screenshots is NOT the glycerol added by GT. Some other Mod you have must have registered some badly named Fluid.

The only mod which is also adding glycerol is IHL, soo... time to poke and bug him!

• You can also get it from sluicing Tungstate, Spodumene, or Lepidolite ores.

Unless GT6 has changed the mix (compared to GT5), lithium ore and tungstate ore generate in the same veins, so I'd be surprised if choum33 has any tungstate either. He/she might have access to spodumene or lepidolite ore, though.

• This seems like a stupid question again but is there a way to charge electrical tools that doesn't require electronics?

Unless GT6 has changed the mix (compared to GT5), lithium ore and tungstate ore generate in the same veins, so I'd be surprised if choum33 has any tungstate either. He/she might have access to spodumene or lepidolite ore, though.

Maybe it did change, then. I'm getting Tungstate from a vein with Scheelite and Russelite but no sign of Lithium.

• Unless GT6 has changed the mix (compared to GT5), lithium ore and tungstate ore generate in the same veins, so I'd be surprised if choum33 has any tungstate either. He/she might have access to spodumene or lepidolite ore, though.

a lot of ores, and spawns changed quite significantly, I can't say offhand if lithium can still be found within tungstate ore veins, however ores in gt6 are much more convoluted even early game than in late game gt5

I get a quite the mix of various tiny ores such as lithium while processing other ores with a sluice, which is where I've gotten most of mine, but there is probably a better way.

if you're having trouble trouble finding any of something, it may just be because the main source of it is a byproduct, or is just a big pain to find when you have a current need of it.

also I'd recommend to anyone searching for ores who is getting frustrated, get a good idea of the size of ore veins and dig in a grid (based on the size of ore veins as they are huge and rarely get close to each other ), all too often people go searching for 10k~100k blocks searching for some ore, ore spawning tends to work in a way that if you dig in a particular area, you'll find an ore of a particular type eventually, but if you just keep digging in a straight line you are playing a very boring game of chance that isn't in your favor.

this becomes much more evident once/if you get into using a quarry, you tend to find that the 'scary' ores to find are much more common than you first thought, however you just didn't know what you were doing.

• if you're having trouble trouble finding any of something, it may just be because the main source of it is a byproduct, or is just a big pain to find when you have a current need of it.

Aluminium stands out, I found it quite easy to get some early supplies by sluicing Almandine ores and some others, while producing alkali metals to extract it from Bauxite without electolysis seemed much more difficult. (Sodium sluiced from Glauconite is probably the best bet there.)

Also an easy way to get gold, though that isn't necessarily helpful.

Also trying to get Niobium and Titanium by similar paths, which is...not as easy, but seems like the best option so far.

also I'd recommend to anyone searching for ores who is getting frustrated, get a good idea of the size of ore veins and dig in a grid (based on the size of ore veins as they are huge and rarely get close to each other ), all too often people go searching for 10k~100k blocks searching for some ore, ore spawning tends to work in a way that if you dig in a particular area, you'll find an ore of a particular type eventually, but if you just keep digging in a straight line you are playing a very boring game of chance that isn't in your favor.

this becomes much more evident once/if you get into using a quarry, you tend to find that the 'scary' ores to find are much more common than you first thought, however you just didn't know what you were doing.

From what I've seen, veins are often (always?) very close to each other horizontally, but adjacent veins may be at very different depths. I'm generating a 2d map of veins I've found and have had some success going to chunks with no known vein and searching vertically until I hit one.

(My impression is that there is never one vein directly above or below another.)

• There aren't as far as I know.

That's why branch mining is inefficient for finding veins. Chunk mining (mining straight down in a 2 blocks wide column to avoid falling into a cave or into lava) is much more efficient for that.

Of course, branch mining may still be the most efficient if you're looking at a specific Y-level (look into GT config to find the Y-level ranges of veins), eg Diamond, Graphite, and Sulfur.

• Best is to make tunnels in a 3*3 chunk grid , so they intersect where middle of veins is..in like y=7 so you get small diamonds. And on every intersection, dig up, use ic2 scaffolding for easy climbing. Don't forget to stay on torch.

• I prefer to use gravity to my advantage and dig down, and then jump back up with the collected cobblestone, but whatever ways works as long as you indeed spread the grid on a 3x3 chunk grid, yeah.

Also :

I'm working on something bigger, in a literal, multiblocky sense

Nice ! I left MC+GT when the big Turbine was designed (with hatches and soft hammers) so I kinda miss that.
    And who doesn't love multiblocks contraptions ? I know I do.

• Coke Oven ;)

It will be able to turn washed and refined Coal Ore directly into Coal Coke though.

Oh nice !

Time to remove RailCraft again, and for good this time.
    Now I'm a just pump block away from removing BC too

• I surely hope so:

[CHANGED] Smelting Wood to Charcoal in a Furnace is now disabled per default

Agreed, what's the point if we have a Coke Oven.
    I dread the recipe, though.

• Interesting - it was literally yesterday that I held back from building a coal powered addition to my base, simply because it all felt a bit cheaty.

Currently I only use coal/charcoal to feed a self-fuelling titanium oven (load it with wood and whatever you want cooked and its finished 5 secs later),
    because I'm lazy like that, but currently generating steam or EU with it feels like too much of a cheat.

The ability to smelt refined ore directly into coal coke is a fantastic "quality of life" improvement, and reminds of a similar one that I've been hoping
    for for a while: would it be possible to add refined ores / tiny refined ores to the dust funnel? The purified ores have by-products and aren't really the
    same thing, so I see why they aren't included, but it seems the refined ores are literally just different sized piles of the regular dusts...

A second minor thing - I recently made use of the energy sensor covers on a battery box to make a really nifty fuel powered generator room that
    automatically turns a bank of tungsten burning box -> boiler -> turbine -> dynamo generator setups on and off when needed. To stop the whole thing thrashing
    on and off each time it generated or discharged a packet, I use a project red comparator, so that the "on" signal is only sent when the battery is mostly
    empty and the "off" signal is only sent when the battery is full. The problem is finding a suitable signal to feed into the "subtract" side of the comparator
    - I ended up using the simple hack of attaching a light sensor block 2 squares away from the nearest torch. A simple, single-block that could output a
    precise, selectable redstone signal strength would be really, really useful.

Lastly, because I haven't said it before, can I just say how much I like the animations on your machines. I was experimenting with a magnetic separator
    to provide a continuous power draw while tweaking my generator set-up, and so was actually watching the animation for a while, and it's just hypnotic.
    I'm particularly fond of the shrinking air-space inside the bottles on the canning machine as well...

• Interesting - it was literally yesterday that I held back from building a coal powered addition to my base, simply because it all felt a bit cheaty.

Currently I only use coal/charcoal to feed a self-fuelling titanium oven (load it with wood and whatever you want cooked and its finished 5 secs later),
    because I'm lazy like that, but currently generating steam or EU with it feels like too much of a cheat.

The ability to smelt refined ore directly into coal coke is a fantastic "quality of life" improvement, and reminds of a similar one that I've been hoping
    for for a while: would it be possible to add refined ores / tiny refined ores to the dust funnel? The purified ores have by-products and aren't really the
    same thing, so I see why they aren't included, but it seems the refined ores are literally just different sized piles of the regular dusts...

All the tiny piles have recipes that accept 9 piles and emit a full pile. You dont need to craft them together for processing. You can just take a GT Hopper, set it to 9 with the Screwdriver and place it next to the Machine that you want to process the ores in.

A second minor thing - I recently made use of the energy sensor covers on a battery box to make a really nifty fuel powered generator room that
    automatically turns a bank of tungsten burning box -> boiler -> turbine -> dynamo generator setups on and off when needed. To stop the whole thing thrashing
    on and off each time it generated or discharged a packet, I use a project red comparator, so that the "on" signal is only sent when the battery is mostly
    empty and the "off" signal is only sent when the battery is full. The problem is finding a suitable signal to feed into the "subtract" side of the comparator
    - I ended up using the simple hack of attaching a light sensor block 2 squares away from the nearest torch. A simple, single-block that could output a
    precise, selectable redstone signal strength would be really, really useful.

Hey, dont hack into my Computer, kay? I had a Cover which emits a constant Redstone Signal on that List since yesterday!

Also if you mean the GT Battery Box there are Covers for that thing that emit Energy depending on how filled the Batteries are. And you can invert the Redstone on that too, so that the low means almost full and the high means almost empty.

Lastly, because I haven't said it before, can I just say how much I like the animations on your machines. I was experimenting with a magnetic separator
    to provide a continuous power draw while tweaking my generator set-up, and so was actually watching the animation for a while, and it's just hypnotic.
    I'm particularly fond of the shrinking air-space inside the bottles on the canning machine as well...

Yep, I made all those animations myself to show the closest approximation of what the stuff a Machine does is.