[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• How about you read the Tooltip of the Main Tank Block? Its not a "build the thing out of 26 identical things" Block. It is a "Have one Controller Block and attach 25 other things to it" Block

• How about you don't think everyone except you is stupid? :D I ask this question to prevent possible bugs( like i did in .30/.31 where some of your code fucked up spawngen on new worlds and you could "ninja" fix it). I build the tank like the tooltip says. i even looked at your webside to see if i placed something wrong. i even placed one controllerblock on every side centered-> nothing. i wrenched every controllerblock in every direction(btw it would be useful to have only one side with the holetexture to indicate wich direction it is facing). So what could i have done wrong?

• Are you SURE the Tank didn't work? That thing does NOT have a GUI. other than that, if the Main Block isnt the last placed Block it might take 30 seconds before it forms.

• first thx for the fast answer! i'm pretty shure it does not work, and i know that it has no gui. i used the magnifingglasses on it. Are those suppose to work on all blocks of the structure or only on the controller blocks? because i noticed something. when i build the tank with one controller i can instantly check on all blocks->"tank is empty". after a while that ain't possible anymore, and because the controller is obstructed with a pipe i can't check it at this time(when there is no pipe i can check it of course!)

i build all tanks and waited 2 minutes bevor i connected pipes
    i tried 6 controlers(each centered on a side incl top and bottom)
    i tried only 1 controller in the whole structure , but facing into any direction
    i tried to wrench the controller( but i think it suppose to work when i put it in its place while standing in front of the tank?)
    i tried to wrench a connected pipe, even when this "autoconnects"( the markings show connections!)
    i tried different pipes(no other modpipes, maybe that could help?)
    i tried different liquids (piped in via steelpipe with a pump on it, only the pipes fill)
    i tried to bucket in water with a bucket or a cell
    i tried different biomes
    i tried different locations
    i tried different new worlds
    i even tried all above in my dev-enviroment to see if there are differences

i have no plan what i should try next. i get some sleep and look tomorrow what i can find out. :wacko:

@ seregheru Nope. tried all sizes of pipes after reading your comment. but i had no hope for that cause the pipes are basicly the same tileentity with different capacities and bandwiths. only think i test tomorrow are pipes from other mods

• What size steel pipe?
    What was the capacity? (I tried with tiny bronze pipes, no luck. Galvanised steel worked, Large galvanised steel worked faster)
    Did you see the water source blocks disappearing and being refilled?
    Have you put a BC tank or ExU drum or similar at the output pipe to see if they fill?

• I couldn't get the tank to fill either, but once I figured out the pipe has to have a capacity of at least 1000L ( that seems like a silly restriction if not a bug ) I managed to use the drain to fill a sluice nicely. Two more questions:

1) There are strong versions of burning boxes, boilers, and engines... why not turbines?

2) Is there a way to regulate the flow of steam so that two different machines each get the proper amount?

• I couldn't get the tank to fill either, but once I figured out the pipe has to have a capacity of at least 1000L ( that seems like a silly restriction if not a bug ) I managed to use the drain to fill a sluice nicely. Two more questions:

1) There are strong versions of burning boxes, boilers, and engines... why not turbines?

My guess is that's because turbines already use a Robust Machine Casing. They have a base material (Bronze, Steel) and only the different rotor materials set the turbine power capacity.
    Engines, BB and Boiler are more of a whole, where the same material is used for every critical part of the contraption, thus the more stronger alternatives, made of the same material but stronger.

2) Is there a way to regulate the flow of steam so that two different machines each get the proper amount?

Pipe bandwidth. Be careful to do the proper math with your boilers, pipes, engines/turbines and finally machines to get what you want. You can also play with overpressure and plug-in/out machines to regulate Steam flow.

For instance with a Invar Dense Liquid Burning Box/Boiler + Titanium BB/Boiler I'm able, through a Regular Bronze pipes mainline to power a Titanium Engine/Bronze Crusher and one of Brass Turbine/Bronze Sluicer or Steel Turbine/Bronze Shredder or Brass Turbine/Bronze Centrifuge, all with according pipes (respectively Small Titanium, Tiny Copper, Tiny Bronze and Tiny Copper). If I'm not using the Crusher then I can power all three machines at once, and with Brass Item Pipes it's a beauty to look at. I almost mine ores just for the pleasure of watching the whole Ore processing go through :3

Of course trial and error help a lot when setting up your mainline, and it's mostly safe if you keep an eye on boiler pressure and know how to extinguish you BB safely soon enough. At worst, just wrench it out.

• but once I figured out the pipe has to have a capacity of at least 1000L ( that seems like a silly restriction if not a bug )

Silly restriction? You do know that the thing has to have enough Space to fit a whole Water Block inside, right?

That "silly restriction" is in place to not waste any Fluid and to not lag in case of infinite Water Sources being drained. So blame me for protecting you from wasting Water and CPU processing Time.

The same "silly restriction" is there for filling Cauldrons with Water, because Cauldrons can only be filled in steps of 334L of Water.

So blame vanilla MC "Bugs" for not being able to drain Water Blocks partially, nor to fill Cauldrons in steps smaller than 1/3rd of a Water Block.

• Hello everybody,

Today we can use some boilers to power one engine for exemple.
    Is there a way to use many engines or motors to power one machine?

Today we can use pipes to move steam between rooms and cables to move EU between room.
    Is the a way to move KU or RU with kinetic like pipes? gears? or some other items?
    (i like to have power generation underground and machines in the basement ;)

Thanks ;)

• AFAIK only the Shredder can be powered by two turbines at once on each left and right side (thus taking input from the top and outputing from below)

• I noticed no tooltip "Flammable" for wood-metal chests, wood pipes and sealed wood pipes (and wood tanks?). Another bug? :)

Also, wood tank:

It is made of Sealed Wood and a bit of Steel to keep it in place like a large Barrel.

My impression was it's half sealed wood, half steel.

• I have been attempting to add GregTech to my game, but I have run into an error I have never seen before. I know for sure that GregTech is causing the error, because when I remove the mod the game loads without issue. The log file is attached to this post.

• OK, i found out what my problem with the new tanks was. You can't connect a pipe to the mainvalve to input liquids, its output only...that is confusing. Maybe Greg you can add this info to the tooltip?

• That "silly restriction" is in place to not waste any Fluid and to not lag in case of infinite Water Sources being drained. So blame me for protecting you from wasting Water and CPU processing Time.

The drain could buffer 1 bucket and feed it to the pipe at will.

• So I was looking up mods and I was told about GregTech. I gave it a try and it was like fucking World of Warcraft Expansions where they forgot to add content and it was so easy.

I'm truly disgusted.

On another note I'm running a GregTech Server again!
    I'm running pretty much stock GT New Horizons since people really enjoyed Infinity Expert Mode.

Funny Story about Infinity Expert Mode. It was fun of course missing some mods I like to see but overall was a decent pack. I wish Greg had thought of actually modify other mods recipes and making them harder and making a well rounded experience rather being selfish and releasing Hello Kitty Island Adventure DLC's. I bet the community would of loved the idea of touching other mods and make it one the biggest packs in FTB history without having half the community (FTB) Community coming down on 1 guy for coming up with the same idea years ago..

Also how is it going Greg you miss me <3

PS:

Fuck Greg motto is coming back to my community ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• The drain could buffer 1 bucket and feed it to the pipe at will.

Covers cannot store complex Data without accessing their Item NBT directly and that is a laggy thing that I am not going to do.

Yeah suuuuure it is waaay too easy. :P

As for nerfing other Mods, that can easily be done with MineTweaker. I focus on GT itself since a long while now. ;)

• Well you have always done a good job. I just wanted to remind you that. I know I was one the first few who played GT and had missed it a lot. Looking forward to GT5 and then GT6 in the future. Will be doing a let's play and all that fun stuff again :) Let the good times roll!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.