[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Welp now that we have a good liquid state with Oil, maybe we can have little Cassiterite spots ?

I'd enjoy more random liquid encounters while mining

• Btw the "Single Fluid Bandwidth Hack" also works for RU Turbines, I had to make a two pipe junction to avoid overdriving my Steel Turbine.
    Pipe was Small Titanium, so 300 L/t and the Steel Turbine takes up to 384/t

• Also, Greg, can you add a recipie for the carbon crucible? I just found a graphite/diamond vein and want to use it to it's full potential :D

• Sigh... at first centrifuging sluice juice seemed to be incredibly energy intensive. Over the weekend I built a second coke oven to make an attempt to keep up with the fuel demands of 5 bronze burning boxes/boilers. Then I started making use of the creosote to power the dryer to keep up on the distilled water. After 3 days of this, it seemed to be working well, and tonight I started fermenting some rum to help the fuel cause ( all of this over the course of 3 days just to process two or three stacks of bauxite ore I pulled from a single vein, and there's still tons of that vein left, wow! ). Then my creosote barrel burned up. I thought that odd after not seeing a Flamable! tool tip on it, and then using them right next to the liquid burning box for 3 days before finally getting unlucky enough to burn up 2 steel rods and some creosote on one today. Noticed that also the wood pipes don't have the Flamable! tooltip despite now being flamable.

• I'll note that I handle sluice juice by drying it, which seems much cheaper and takes care of the distilled water issue. (If anything, rather too much so.) Of course processing the sand is another thing, but you can stockpile large quantities of it pretty easily.

If you're counting on getting chromium out of the stuff it won't help you, but if keeping your sluice juice tank under control is the main issue it's good.

• Hello Everybody,

My wife reqested that i add mariculture to my server, but it unbalance early game.
    So i tryed to replace mariculture silicon by GT6 silicon plates with minetweaker.
    I searched for hours on the net and didn't find a working solution.
    I added MTUtilsGT.

And tryed different syntaxes:
    import mods.MTUtilsGT;
    recipes.addShaped(<Mariculture:crafting:8>, [[<ore:plateSilicon>, <ore:plateSilicon>]]);
    MTUtilsGT.addCustomRecipe(<Mariculture:crafting:8>, [[<ore:plateSilicon>, <ore:plateSilicon>]]);

the same with :
    MTUtilsGT.addCustomRecipe(<Mariculture:crafting:8>, [[<gregtech:gt.meta.plate>, <gregtech:gt.meta.plate>]]);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mariculture:crafting:8>, [[<gregtech:gt.meta.plate>, <gregtech:gt.meta.plate>]]);

I think that i miss a detail, can you help me?

PS: GTTweaker worked only for GT5 as i understood

The post was edited 4 times, last by choum33 ().

• I'll note that I handle sluice juice by drying it, which seems much cheaper and takes care of the distilled water issue. (If anything, rather too much so.) Of course processing the sand is another thing, but you can stockpile large quantities of it pretty easily.

If you're counting on getting chromium out of the stuff it won't help you, but if keeping your sluice juice tank under control is the main issue it's good.

Yeah I'm not centrifuging Sluice Juice for the same reasons. Quick distilled water and no rewarding benefit to centrifuging it means I'd rather have a gazillion of Sluice Sand blocks than wasting my centrifuge time with it.
    I'd rather wait for a Magnetic Separator (which gives more stuff from one Sluice sand anyway IIRC).

Got to make 27 batches of 9 stainless steel to have enough for the Distillery Tower, argh ! All these screws....

• Yeah I'm not centrifuging Sluice Juice for the same reasons. Quick distilled water and no rewarding benefit to centrifuging it means I'd rather have a gazillion of Sluice Sand blocks than wasting my centrifuge time with it.
    I'd rather wait for a Magnetic Separator (which gives more stuff from one Sluice sand anyway IIRC).

Magnetic separator gives different materials. I will need to do that with all of my sluice sand soon as well to get manganese. Just trying to get 3 piles of chromium dust from the centrifuge and enough aluminum to make the dynamo, electromagnet, and separator first.

• Yeah I'm not centrifuging Sluice Juice for the same reasons. Quick distilled water and no rewarding benefit to centrifuging it means I'd rather have a gazillion of Sluice Sand blocks than wasting my centrifuge time with it.

It might give more stuff, but it's totally different stuff. Some of it good (I'm certainly a fan of iron dust), some I think less so (certainly chromium from the centrifuge is tempting).

But it's easy to just pile the sand up out of the way so you can keep your sluice tank tolerable.

Got to make 27 batches of 9 stainless steel to have enough for the Distillery Tower, argh ! All these screws....

Hope you've got a lathe. You really want a lathe.

Magnetic separator gives different materials. I will need to do that with all of my sluice sand soon as well to get manganese. Just trying to get 3 piles of chromium dust from the centrifuge and enough aluminum to make the dynamo, electromagnet, and separator first.

I really do not recommend trying to get all your manganese and/or chromium from sluice sand.

That said, I definitely like having a magnetic separator for ore refinement. The guaranteed 50% energy loss on the magnet is unfortunate though. (It's 100% efficient but goes half up half down. And separators can only take MU from above. You can put a polarizer on top but I can't imagine needing to run that as much as the separator.)

• Hope you've got a lathe. You really want a lathe.

Yeah got one (Bronze one though).

As for the Magnetic Separator, I see it as a bonus so I might not make it until very late.

So yeah I too have a whole town floor made of Sluice Sand Blocks. Combining a Dust Funnel and a Reinforced Chest as my Dryer output was the best decision I ever made GT-wise.

• As for the Magnetic Separator, I see it as a bonus so I might not make it until very late.

It seems pretty cheap, and can occasionally get you things that would be really hard to get otherwise and/or greatly improve efficiency of certain ores. (Depending on what the latest version shredder changes did some of that may have changed.)

I have a refined platinum ore produced entirely by magnetic refinement, and it gave me at least a couple ores worth of chromium for my tower.

So yeah I too have a whole town floor made of Sluice Sand Blocks. Combining a Dust Funnel and a Reinforced Chest as my Dryer output was the best decision I ever made GT-wise.

I'm thinking about installing an item barrel. A bit concerned about flamability though.

• I'm a bit conservative around barrels, or even chests, and try to put in world as much as I can, thus my Stacks on Stacks usage.
    I find it fun to reason around storage instead of having magic chests storing absurd quantities (whatever their cost).

Actually I started to make Gold/Silver hoppers and chests because I was almost literally swarmed with Gold and Silver blocks.

• Finished my Distillery Tower. Now to farm some oil !

I was thinking about using multi-fluids pipes but I guess I'd have to use Filters to split every fluid along the way, am I right ?

Anyway, next step should be to build 7 wooden tanks for every distillery by-product, I reckon. Hell I'll make it 8 for Creosote too...off to level a forest, then !

• Ok, I really like fermenting rum in a sealed barrel. It takes quite a while, but you can keep a few of them working in parallel with staggered timers and a half barrel of rum lasts quite a while in a bronze burner.