[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The crucible can only hold 16 units, but items can fall into the interior, under the level of the stuff "in" the crucible, and be automatically incorporated into the contents once the contents have dropped enough.

You can even stand in a full crucible, but if it is hot it will burn you.
    Also, try putting mobs in a hot crucible, they smelt into odd things, especially villagers.

I thought it was supposed to accept the additional items, and if full, void them? If they were just sitting inside waiting for room to enter, I would expect to 1) be able to pick them up by standing close enough to the crucible, and 2) when they were absorbed into the crucible, the new mass should significantly reduce the temperature. Neither of these happened.

• Plus it's a good incentive to go full Steel before starting the big projects like Stainless Steel Tanks, Distillery Tower, and so on..making an infrastructure for Steel based machines allows for faster processing on the whole, especially when you understand how turbine/engine overdriving works.

On the other hand, if you use all steel machines for the many 16 EU/t processes, you will be spending twice as much fuel...

I thought the crucible was only able to hold 16 units total? I apparently got a little too close last night and died, and though I swear I was not holding any cobblestone at the time, and the only thing that I seemed to be missing was my bronze helmet, the crucible was full and I poured out 32 stone plates, then the dozen or so steel I had been working on.

Stone could have come from unwashed ores (but you'd probably notice and have had extra metal from that) or stone dusts...

• I thought it was supposed to accept the additional items, and if full, void them? If they were just sitting inside waiting for room to enter, I would expect to 1) be able to pick them up by standing close enough to the crucible, and 2) when they were absorbed into the crucible, the new mass should significantly reduce the temperature. Neither of these happened.

Nope. Dunno where you got that. Extra stuff thrown into a non-full crucible that doesn't fit enters a queue which is neither in outside space nor absorbed into the crucible (which hasn't got room for it).

I think that if the crucible is full before you throw stuff into it, it doesn't accept stuff at all. But you can throw in a bigger load of stuff than fits in at once and it will flow in as space allows. I often do this with iron ores, which are very bulky before they smelt down.

• Something is still borked with pipes. For the second time tonight, the middle one of my five boilers starts loosing pressure as if it is out of distilled water, but there is plenty in the pipes and more being fed in from the dryer. I relog, and it immediately starts going back up.

• Something is still borked with pipes. For the second time tonight, the middle one of my five boilers starts loosing pressure as if it is out of distilled water, but there is plenty in the pipes and more being fed in from the dryer. I relog, and it immediately starts going back up.

Maybe the Pipes are not good enough for your setup. Not sure what to expect.

Sounds a lot like the problem I've been complaining of repeatedly. Never tried relogging, so I don't know whether that matches I always cleared it by wrenching the boiler and replacing it.

Boiler is operating normally, next to other boilers operating normally, but suddenly the dial starts running backward through the white zone despite the heat being on and the water supply plentiful? I've seen it a few times in the past couple days alone and a bunch more before that. Never thought it was a water supply problem, and it certainly shouldn't be (my pipes have way more water than boilers need, backed by a full tank) but I suppose it could be.

Any meter that could be attached to the boilers to check water content?

• Nope. Dunno where you got that. Extra stuff thrown into a non-full crucible that doesn't fit enters a queue which is neither in outside space nor absorbed into the crucible (which hasn't got room for it).

I think that if the crucible is full before you throw stuff into it, it doesn't accept stuff at all. But you can throw in a bigger load of stuff than fits in at once and it will flow in as space allows. I often do this with iron ores, which are very bulky before they smelt down.

Wow, the more you know I guess...never even suspected about this "queue" existence until now.

Indeed for Iron this is perfect: throw 64 Limonite dusts in there at once and just throw in Carbon once in a while while draining the Crucible.

• Hello, updating my gt6 server (rebuilding almost), wondering if AE2 works on GT6 EU energy? I am not familiar with AE, so can`t check it in creative mode, no idea what is what there :) Sorry for lame question.

• Indeed for Iron this is perfect: throw 64 Limonite dusts in there at once and just throw in Carbon once in a while while draining the Crucible.

I'm pretty sure that won't work. If there's 15 units of Limonite in the crucible, no carbon can be in the crucible, so no Limonite can be smelted. If you try it and it does work, let me know...

I throw carbon in first, then a corresponding amount of ore. That works nicely. Of course, it shouldn't work either if you started off with so much carbon that no ore could fit in.

• AE should run on GT Electric Energy directly without issues. If not then convert to RF using the GT Electric Engines (what is lossy but it would work just in case).

• Indeed for Iron this is perfect: throw 64 Limonite dusts in there at once and just throw in Carbon once in a while while draining the Crucible.

That won't work, because if you trow in stack of limonite 16 pieces of it will go inside crucible and rest will stay in buffer thus you can't trow any carbon inside because buffer is already full and crucible have no room and no room will be created afterwards. But you can trow in first 8 carbon and than trow in stack of limonite dust, because carbon will go directly to crucible from buffer and than 8 pieces from stack of limonite dust will get into crucible and 56 limonite dust will stay inside buffer. So as result you can heat it up to 1811°K and get 2 iron 7 carbon and 7 limonite temperature will drop than and after you heat it up to 1811 again another one and something iron will get smelted inside crucible so theoretically you can get true whole stack of limonite. But i prefer to pull iron in between heating.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SkyraSK ().

• Maybe the Pipes are not good enough for your setup. Not sure what to expect.

Normal bronze pipes feeding 5 bronze boilers with a bunch of huge wood pipes to hold extra distilled water at a safe distance from the burning boxes. The fact that it normally works fine and when it does bug out, a relog fixes it makes it pretty clear it is a bug. You had mentioned a few releases ago that there was a bug that sounded like that and you fixed it, but it seems the fix was maybe not complete? It hasn't happened again these last few days, so I'm not sure what triggers it. Maybe it isn't the pipes at all actually, since it was the middle boiler that bugged while the ones further down the pipe were still working fine. It might be the boiler itself. This also happened immediately after lighting the burning box while the boiler still had plenty of pressure from the last time it was used.

• Normal bronze pipes feeding 5 bronze boilers with a bunch of huge wood pipes to hold extra distilled water at a safe distance from the burning boxes. The fact that it normally works fine and when it does bug out, a relog fixes it makes it pretty clear it is a bug. You had mentioned a few releases ago that there was a bug that sounded like that and you fixed it, but it seems the fix was maybe not complete? It hasn't happened again these last few days, so I'm not sure what triggers it. Maybe it isn't the pipes at all actually, since it was the middle boiler that bugged while the ones further down the pipe were still working fine. It might be the boiler itself. This also happened immediately after lighting the burning box while the boiler still had plenty of pressure from the last time it was used.

I also had one act up last night and tried to fix it by tossing in a measuring cup of distilled water. It wouldn't accept any.

• Does the Measuring Cup even work on Boilers? Pretty sure the way it was written doesn't allow that.

As for the Pipes thing, does the large wooden Pipe have the same or a higher Bandwidth as the Bronze Pipe going to the Boilers? Because if the Wooden Pipe has a lower Bandwidth then that is why it probably doesn't flow at the needed Speed, since the Wooden Pipe limits the amount of Fluid throughput even for the sections with Bronze Pipes!