[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Oh, then it sounds like I should shred my aluminum machines before upgrading, lest they be turned into galvanized steel?

If, like me, you're willing to go out of your way to wiggle out the best material benefit from updates, yeah.

...If you're feeling especially cheesy you could make extra galvanized steel machines, which would get turned into aluminium.

• If, like me, you're willing to go out of your way to wiggle out the best material benefit from updates, yeah.

...If you're feeling especially cheesy you could make extra galvanized steel machines, which would get turned into aluminium.

Well I can't make the galvanized steel until I upgrade, and I don't want to lose the aluminum, so....

• Also, can't seem to put potatoes on crop sticks in the latest version of gregtech (6.04.04)
    it worked before (6.04.01)

• So galvanized steel is weird. You can't use the normal machines to turn ingots into plates and screws and such, and that kind of makes sense since it is just coated steel, but why does shredding give galvanized steel dust ( which you can't do much with ) instead of steel dust plus zinc dust?

Also it seems that the new crucible drain will not drain the crucible into the bathing put unless it has a full unit of zinc. Any leftover zinc in the pot you can pick up with a measuring cup, but can't seem to put it back into the crucible, so is there anything you can do with the stuff to get it out of its liquid form?

• Greg some potential oversights/bugs,

• Is it intended that Hardened Clay blocks and normal bricks both contain 1 unit of ceramic, despite H. Clay being a clay block, and bricks from clay balls?
    • There are some (mortar) recipes for turning bricks into ceramic dust, while the shredder returns clay dust.
    • The above also occurs for (a) nether brick blocks and nether bricks, and (b) nether bricks and netherrack dust.
    • IHL brick dust (OD "dustBrick") should be unified to "dustCeramic".
    • Also, Antimatter materials have no registered mod of origin.
  • Any leftover zinc in the pot you can pick up with a measuring cup, but can't seem to put it back into the crucible, so is there anything you can do with the stuff to get it out of its liquid form?

Put it into a pipe (using a funnel) and run it from there into a mold, maybe?

• Did you set it up at the right coordinates? Did you ignite both ends? It wont generate a coutnerpart Portal, so you have to do it manually. Also both ends have to be Chunkloaded for it to work.

• Hi all,

Is there a specific version of Twilight Forest I have to use to work with GregTech 6.04.05? I've marched down a few versions so far (2.3.7-2.3.4) and, while the Minecraft Launcher fully loads Minecraft, I am then unable to load, join, or create games with my previous collection of mods. I didn't want to start surgically analyzing mod compatibility before I asked this pretty straightforward question first though, especially since Twilight Forest seems like a mostly dead mod now.

Thanks

• I couldn't easily find a previous topic that discussed this recently, so I'll post about it and play the fool if needed

There are some inconsistent lead chest textures for me (6.04.05). The expected purple color seems to appear/disappear depending on my character location and my cursor position. I only included a set of three screencaps for succinctness. Let me know if it's likely a mod conflict, I'll try to isolate it, thanks.

• Noticed in recent updates that the useless solid chlorine has been removed from Pinalite processing, but those processes which used to produce it now produce nothing. Notably this means that Pinalite now only has a chance for 5 small purified ores when sluiced and purified dust has no additional output when electrolyzed.

• Hi all,

Is there a specific version of Twilight Forest I have to use to work with GregTech 6.04.05? I've marched down a few versions so far (2.3.7-2.3.4) and, while the Minecraft Launcher fully loads Minecraft, I am then unable to load, join, or create games with my previous collection of mods. I didn't want to start surgically analyzing mod compatibility before I asked this pretty straightforward question first though, especially since Twilight Forest seems like a mostly dead mod now.

Thanks

I know that Bear uses Twilight Forest, and that it is also updated, so that shouldn't be the Issue. But I will update Twilight Forest on my own Setup thanks to this notification, since I was on 2.3.2.

I couldn't easily find a previous topic that discussed this recently, so I'll post about it and play the fool if needed

There are some inconsistent lead chest textures for me (6.04.05). The expected purple color seems to appear/disappear depending on my character location and my cursor position. I only included a set of three screencaps for succinctness. Let me know if it's likely a mod conflict, I'll try to isolate it, thanks.

Yeah I have no Idea why OpenGL messes that up. Something doesn't clean up properly.

Noticed in recent updates that the useless solid chlorine has been removed from Pinalite processing, but those processes which used to produce it now produce nothing. Notably this means that Pinalite now only has a chance for 5 small purified ores when sluiced and purified dust has no additional output when electrolyzed.

I am gonna fix that next Version, but the solid stuff isn't gonna come back. ;)

• Fools Ruby is very good at confusing people

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I know that Bear uses Twilight Forest, and that it is also updated, so that shouldn't be the Issue. But I will update Twilight Forest on my own Setup thanks to this notification, since I was on 2.3.2.

Thanks Greg, long story short I found that (aside from tweaking some launch arguments) it was a digit confusion between a Mystcraft Age I had created (DIM_MYST7) and the default Twilight Forest dimension (DIM7)

Even though the two dimensions had distinct names (aside from the "7"), I found by poring through the error log that despite their unique names, the actual digit itself was the most critical identifier regardless, and caused a conflict. I changed the TF config to default to N+1 of my Mystcraft Age count, and voila, success! So thanks :P