[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Is it possible to fill bath from crucible using crucible drain? (for rutile -> titanium).

Nope, I intentionally made that not possible. I might add other ways to get Fluids out of the Crucible, but the Bathing Pot shouldn't be amoung them.

Thanks Greg, long story short I found that (aside from tweaking some launch arguments) it was a digit confusion between a Mystcraft Age I had created (DIM_MYST7) and the default Twilight Forest dimension (DIM7)

Even though the two dimensions had distinct names (aside from the "7"), I found by poring through the error log that despite their unique names, the actual digit itself was the most critical identifier regardless, and caused a conflict. I changed the TF config to default to N+1 of my Mystcraft Age count, and voila, success! So thanks :P

I thought Mystcraft has already blacklisted the dim id 7, because of TF incompatbility.

• Nope, I intentionally made that not possible. I might add other ways to get Fluids out of the Crucible, but the Bathing Pot shouldn't be amoung them.

Bath and bathing pot are different things. So I'm not sure if it's possible to fill bath using crucible drain?

• I thought Mystcraft has already blacklisted the dim id 7, because of TF incompatbility.

Testing revealed that Mystcraft doesn't blacklist DIM7 explicitly, instead it seems to detect existing dimensions and automatically increment new Ages to prevent incompatibility. In the case of my existing save, I added Twilight Forest after Mystcraft had already made DIM_MYST7.

• Just because one thing is named Ruby, it doesnt have to be the Aluminium kind. Yes they share the same localisation, intentionally.

Oh, that's just mean.

Nope, I intentionally made that not possible. I might add other ways to get Fluids out of the Crucible, but the Bathing Pot shouldn't be amoung them.

It works with zinc ( pick it up with the measuring pot ). Is that specifically whitelisted or something?

• Look at the temperature of molten Rutile and then tell me the Bathing Pot can handle such high Temperatures.

And the other thing is Fools Ruby, meaning its intended to be confused with Ruby, that's why I made the localisation identical.

• Greg some potential oversights/bugs, :huh:

• (a)Is it intended that Hardened Clay blocks and normal bricks both contain 1 unit of ceramic, despite H. Clay being from a clay block, and bricks from clay balls?
    • (b)There are some (mortar) recipes for turning bricks into ceramic dust, while the shredder returns clay dust.
    • The above also occurs for (a) nether brick blocks and nether bricks, and (b) nether bricks and netherrack dust.
    • IHL brick dust (OD "dustBrick") should be unified to "dustCeramic".
    • Also, Antimatter materials have no registered mod of origin.

I posted these a few pages ago, but you didn't seem to notice them. :S

• Greg some potential oversights/bugs, :huh:

• (a)Is it intended that Hardened Clay blocks and normal bricks both contain 1 unit of ceramic, despite H. Clay being from a clay block, and bricks from clay balls?
    • (b)There are some (mortar) recipes for turning bricks into ceramic dust, while the shredder returns clay dust.
    • The above also occurs for (a) nether brick blocks and nether bricks, and (b) nether bricks and netherrack dust.
    • IHL brick dust (OD "dustBrick") should be unified to "dustCeramic".
    • Also, Antimatter materials have no registered mod of origin.

I posted these a few pages ago, but you didn't seem to notice them. :S

Oh I noticed it, fixed it and forgot to reply. Except for the Antimatter Materials, since those don't actually have an origin Mod.

• Thanks.
    Regarding the Antimatter materials, perhaps you could make it not say "not added by gregtech"
    For instance have them say "Made by the Anti-GAPI", or similar 8)

Also, could you tell me possible reasons for placed PrefixBlocks from the add-on I am making being completely transparent, despite the items looking fine?

• Here is some more info:
    First, an example of my creating the PrefixBlock in code:

Code
    1. PrefixBlock tBrick = new PrefixBlock(MOD_ID, MOD_ID, MOD_ID + ".meta."
    2. + BlockBrick.mNameInternal, BlockBrick, null, null, null, null, net.minecraft.block.material.Material.rock, net.minecraft.block.Block.soundTypeStone, TOOL_pickaxe, 1.5F, 4.5F, 0, 0, 999, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, F, F, F, F, T, T /* <-- aOpaque, aNormalCube */, T, T, T, T, F, T, T, T, tMaterialArray);

BlockBrick is a OrePrefix, aOpaque is pointed out because the problem is transparency, tMaterialArray, is a subset of the main array

First attachment is the block in the inventory, second is in the world.
    Third is a zip of my textures, forth is IC2 debugger of the block.

• Here is some more info:
    First, an example of my creating the PrefixBlock in code:

Code
    1. PrefixBlock tBrick = new PrefixBlock(MOD_ID, MOD_ID, MOD_ID + ".meta."
    2. + BlockBrick.mNameInternal, BlockBrick, null, null, null, null, net.minecraft.block.material.Material.rock, net.minecraft.block.Block.soundTypeStone, TOOL_pickaxe, 1.5F, 4.5F, 0, 0, 999, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, F, F, F, F, T, T /* <-- aOpaque, aNormalCube */, T, T, T, T, F, T, T, T, tMaterialArray);

BlockBrick is a OrePrefix, aOpaque is pointed out because the problem is transparency, tMaterialArray, is a subset of the main array

Name it "blockBrick" please, the first character should be lowercase. (just an ocd thing)

The Code should work properly though. And the Textures work properly too, so that is not the Issue.

Can you try by using the full material array for the brick block as a test?

• I recently restarted again, one of the reasons was that Greg added some of Ars Magica 2 flowers to cropsticks.

Vinteum - more like energy ore. Mined similar to vanilla iron, later occasionally produced by calefactor (mod's furnace) as a smelting byproduct. My suggestion is to at least remove compressor recipe (dust to plate).
    Blue Topaz - common ore, compatible with fortune enchantment. Good for GregTech hammers.
    Chimerite - common like blue topaz (my subjective experience), also drops fortune-compativble gems when mined, currently no use in GregTech.
    Moonstone - very rarely drops from the sky, no integration.
    Sunstone - rarely found at lava, like RailCraft's firestone, no integration.
    I haven't yet put flowers on cropsticks yet...

What was fun? Making chemical dyes for crafting robes and spells. Also that new golden apple recipe... nice change.
    Bear, if you are reading this and disliking magic as usual, imagine: I see some thaumcraft cultists around their strange black "portal". They are several, they are dangerous. My first shot from "projectile dig" spell into portal makes it explode. Then I just snipe survivors. Priceless feeling, I always feared and avoided them.

• PSA do not put Gregtech drums into or interact with RC multitanks it will crash! there is a RC fix for this since may but no release has been made to make it public.

Okay that Bug gets annoying, I gotta disable rightclicks on rc tanks with anything that is IFluidContainerItem, since Railcraft is clearly too stupid to at least update a public build...

How to make a scrap from IC2? Recycler do not produce it(

It is a 1/8 chance you even get Scrap.

I put cobblestone exactly with hopper

Cobblestone is obviously blacklisted due to its easy infiniteness.

• A bronze compressor doesn't produce compressed coal ball and diamonds. If I put a coal ball into a bronze compressor, it disappears. Also after that the compressor is broken and compressor animation stops. Then the compressor doesnt produce any thing unless I remove and put it back. If i put a coal chunk into a bronze compressor, nothing will happen.