[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Yep... each steel turbine is being powered by two strong lead/invar and one regular lead/invar boilers, on completely separate steam trunks ( regular bronze pipe, 450 throughput iirc ). 128 + 128 + 32 = 288 steam/t / 2 * 0.666 = 96 RU/t * 0.75 = 72 eu/t. Used a 2x copper cable to connect the output of both MV dynamos together and feed it up into the bottom of the electrolyzer which I filled with some white vitriol.

• iron blocks work as well and if you have Twilight forest you can get iron from hollow hills. plumbilia and plumbiscus are both lead one from IC2 (recently added) and GT gregs dont require a lead block and IC2s does. imagine that GT is easier that IC2. ;) same with copper and tin plants are now duplicated since IC2 added there own.

• If you use even smaller pipes then that wont fix the issue for sure. You should have tried bigger Pipes instead.

I have placed my Boilers to one side. That worked for me.
    But now i have another trouble - SteelCentrifuge(64 to 256 RU/t) can't process CinnabarDust(32 RU/t), but all is OK for NetherrackDust(64 RU/t).
    AluminiumElectrolyzer, despite i have placed two StrongSteelBoliers to one side, can't process Cassiterite(48 EU/t), Speryllite(48 EU/t) and Cobaltite(48 EU/t) Dusts, but can process Chalcopyrite(64 EU/t) or Hematite (80 EU/t).
    Sooo... you have suggested to use bigger pipes... and i did it, because steam level has fluctuated, like last time i wrote you (some time MagnifyingGlass displays "Pipe is empty"). And your suggestion hasn't helped (I used bronze 900L/t pipe instead of steel 600L/t).

• Use batbox (энергохранитель) 32eu/t before electrolyzer.

I can use it, but that's not the proper solution. I just don't want to patch this mode's issueses, while there's some people (Greg f.e), which can fix them without my non-professional kludges.

• Hello. I wanted to know, can I play GT6 without any IC2 machines like IC2 generator? I know it has a new recipe, but will I do fine just generating EU by GT machines?

I just like how GT stuff look and work and don't want to mix it with anything from IC2.

• yes you can if you want to run on all steam and solar power. there are dynamos for most if not all power tiers but some of the higher tiers will be seriously difficult to supply with enuff HU/steam/RU. solar witch is 8eu/t is completely doable, I had a 512 EU/t solar flower in my last base and looking to do 4x that in my new one.

• I just updated the bear's den pack to the latest with 6.04.12 GT, and there is no longer a recipe for producing flint from gravel using a mortar. I don't see any mention of it in the change log. Is this an undocumented change in GT? I don't see any evidence of it being removed via minetweaker.

• I'm still learning the ins and outs of GT6, and I haven't quite made it past the "bronze" age yet. I haven't found any carbon to advance to the steel age proper. My technology consists of a drain (from looted steel items) in a river biome for infinite water, a GT coke oven, a smelting crucible with a thermometer, and a cauldron.

What technology do I need to go for next? I no longer see a bronze oven in the list (although I thought there was one before the last update). I was looking for a way that I could generate EU without using the ic2 machines, but the only way I've seen is to create a steam engine to make KU, then attaching a dynamo to make EU.. which is quite lossy with the double conversion. Am I missing anything in NEI? I was looking at the manual sifter, but with the recipe now taking stainless steel, that is a bit difficult as I don't have a good source nickel yet.

Any thoughts how I can become more industrialized?

• You need a Steam Turbine + Dynamo to make EU, not the Engine. And yes Stainless Steel and galvanized Steel are the next Step. The Faucet on a Crucible and the Metal Bathing Pot can be used to bath Steel in Zinc.

• I'm still learning the ins and outs of GT6, and I haven't quite made it past the "bronze" age yet. I haven't found any carbon to advance to the steel age proper. My technology consists of a drain (from looted steel items) in a river biome for infinite water, a GT coke oven, a smelting crucible with a thermometer, and a cauldron.

Make a centrifuge and throw in some of the ash from burning wood and you get carbon. 5 iron ingots + 5 iron nuggets = 50 iron nuggets + 1 tiny pile of carbon gets you steel. Just make sure you wait to throw in the carbon until the temperature hits 2011 so the iron turns to wrought.

What technology do I need to go for next? I no longer see a bronze oven in the list (although I thought there was one before the last update). I was looking for a way that I could generate EU without using the ic2 machines, but the only way I've seen is to create a steam engine to make KU, then attaching a dynamo to make EU.. which is quite lossy with the double conversion. Am I missing anything in NEI? I was looking at the manual sifter, but with the recipe now taking stainless steel, that is a bit difficult as I don't have a good source nickel yet.

Any thoughts how I can become more industrialized?

You generate EU with a dynamo, but you need to get some stainless steel to make a stainless steel mixing bowl to pour the molten zinc in to make galvanized steel to make the first tier dynamo, and the only thing you can do with it for a while is run an electromagnet and magnetic separator. Get set up with a steel turbine, bronze sluice, dryer, and a steel cetrifuge first. Use the sluice juice in the drier to make sluice sand until you can centrifuge it, then centrifuging it can get you some chromium, and magnetic separating the sluice sand gets you manganese, both of which are needed to make stainless steel. The magnetic separator also gets you nickel dust for making invar. You want to get into invar burning boxes and lead boilers for maximum fuel efficiency. A compressor is needed to make dense burning boxes and strong boilers to get more steam without having to spam tons of them.

Hey Greg, what about the dual MV dynamos feeding a single electorlyzer? Am I missing something as to why that doesn't work or is it a bug? And there are red/black/blue steel alloys to get higher than plain steel tools, so why not corresponding turbines to be able to fully drive the MV dynamo instead of having to breed liveroot plants to make ironwood?

• Oh, and I almost forgot... when you get tired of relying entirely on charcoal, get some crop sticks going and plant a ton of reeds. Put them in the sequeezer to make reed juice and make a few barrels. Fill them with reed juice and seal them with a soft hammer and wait a while and it turns into rum, which is a great alternative fuel ( but you have to make liquid burning boxes for it ). The nice thing about that besides reeds being easier to farm than trees, is that you can shut off the burning box immediately instead of having to wait for the charcoal to finish burning. Once you get some stainless steel, you can make a fermenter instead of having to seal it in a barrel for a good long while.

• can I ask why you are suggesting not to throw the carbon in till 2011? there is also graphite, found in diamond veins or under lava level in small or forms. they can do 25 steel per dust, rather than have to wait for a centrifuge to get carbon.