[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hrm... so compacting drawers can do that, but the block has different areas you can click to get nuggets/ingots/blocks out. What happens when Item barrels have a mix of ingots and nuggets? Are the nuggets just hidden from view until there are 9 and they auto assemble into another ingot?

• Hrm... so compacting drawers can do that, but the block has different areas you can click to get nuggets/ingots/blocks out. What happens when Item barrels have a mix of ingots and nuggets? Are the nuggets just hidden from view until there are 9 and they auto assemble into another ingot?

I don't see "compacting drawers" anywhere in NEI, are they in Gregtech 6?

And yes. When you break a barrel obviously all of the dusts/whatevers are released, but also any material that could not yet complete the recipe for the dust/whatever are released as well, e.g. 1/72 piles of dust, nuggets, etc.

• I don't see "compacting drawers" anywhere in NEI, are they in Gregtech 6?

No; they are from the excellent mod "storage drawers". Most of the drawers can hold tons of one type, or be subdivided into 2 or 4 different types where you can click different parts of the face to get the different item out, but compacting drawers have 3 divisions of their face that automatically populate with the 3 size variants of the single item type you put in, if those variants exist.

• Is there an automated way of changing 1/72 and tiny (1/9) dusts into standard dusts? I process ALOT of materials and doing this by hand would take longer than the time it takes to create the mini dusts in the first place. Currently, I'm using the autopackager and it is causing serious lag spikes every time it scans the adjacent chests.

I know of the compactor mod from BDew, but it doesn't do the 3x3 hollow. There is the dust funnel, but that still seems to require user input. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• Is there an automated way of changing 1/72 and tiny (1/9) dusts into standard dusts? I process ALOT of materials and doing this by hand would take longer than the time it takes to create the mini dusts in the first place. Currently, I'm using the autopackager and it is causing serious lag spikes every time it scans the adjacent chests.

I know of the compactor mod from BDew, but it doesn't do the 3x3 hollow. There is the dust funnel, but that still seems to require user input. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I made a post addressing one possible solution to this a couple days ago, but I can more explicitly explain a basic setup.

Place an item barrel (or mass storage) and add to it the "final" size you want, such as a full dust, ingots, etc. Placing that item sets the "goal" for the barrel. Now the barrel will automatically accept units that can be factored into that registered size and stack them into units of that size whenever it is fed enough. Next connect a hopper to the barrel and add your smaller dusts.

Obviously 1/9 dusts won't stack into ingots, and nuggets won't stack into full dust.

• Dust Funnel, also best combind with a Filter and a GT Hopper set to emit certain Stacksizes.

This method makes a lot of sense and is fairly simple (albeit a big system to work with all types). I'll have to play around with this. Thank you!!

I made a post addressing one possible solution to this a couple days ago, but I can more explicitly explain a basic setup.

Place an item barrel (or mass storage) and add to it the "final" size you want, such as a full dust, ingots, etc. Placing that item sets the "goal" for the barrel. Now the barrel will automatically accept units that can be factored into that registered size and stack them into units of that size whenever it is fed enough. Next connect a hopper to the barrel and add your smaller dusts.

Obviously 1/9 dusts won't stack into ingots, and nuggets won't stack into full dust.

I didn't even realize these item barrels existed. HOLY SHIZEN, they are amazing. Since I don't use nuggets and I store everything in dusts and make ingots as needed, this will likely help a lot!

Thank you both for the help here.

• Sorry for being very dumb and not knowing any information of materials other than the periodic table, where did you get the material Naquadha and Naquadria? I just wanted to know just of curiosity

• So I thought I had filters figured out and set up my bio ethanol distillery and it was working fine earlier, but I log off and come back later and now it's all gone tits up. I used a quad bronze pipe to extract both the distilled water and ethanol from the distillery, and connected two filters to that pipe with their auto output side ( arrows facing out ) feeding into one pipe going to the ethanol tank, and the other going to the distilled water tank. I set the filter going to the water tank to block ethanol, and the filter going to the ethanol tank to block distilled water. It was working fine before but now it keeps randomly sending the wrong fluid down the wrong pipe. What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

I found some very cheap ways to set up. I assume that you want to pack 1/72 dusts that are made by shredder. Then I recommend to use 2 main shredders: one for crushed purified ores, another for refined ores.

First (for crushed purified ores): 2 item pipes, dust funnel (set to output dusts with a monkey wrench) with a chest below, chest. This works only when shredder gets crushed purified ores in multiples of 4. But I normally just give it full stacks, because that requires less thinking (thinking is expensive). Also, dust funnel + chest must be closer to shredder than another chest.

Second (for refined ores): dust funnel with a chest below. Give shredder refined ores in multiples of 8.

These are for general purpose shredders. If you need to shred something like many stacks of redstone, item barrels are better.

• How to GregTech 5 (a personal story)

1. Load up GT5, just cuz
    2. Make a hole in a mountain and call it a 'house'
    3. Read up what to do next on the community GT5 document
    4. Laugh at how easy it is to find tin veins
    5. Cry at how hard it is to find copper veins
    6. Find said tin and copper
    7. Make basic coal boiler and steam furnace
    8. Get bored of making bronze and make alloy smelter
    9. Want/Need Steel
    10. Silently weep while putting in the blocks for the bronze blast furnace one by one
    11. Make steel
    12. Read that about electric blast furnace
    13. Rage quit GT5
    14. Head over to forum to post " Y U DO DIS TO ME GRAG!??1?!/1?!/1/"
    15. Instead find GregTech 6
    16. Download and play GregTech 6
    17. Blow up crucibles

I hope you enjoy! (By the way GT6 is soooo much better than GT5)

• lol.. Nice little GT5 story. I kinda felt the same way...

I was checking out the new additions and support of forestry bees with GT machines. When checking the combs output, all the forestry generic combs provide the GT items along with the liquid honey/honeydew, which you need a coagulator in order to convert back into the drops used the beealyzer. All fine and well. The output from extra bees combs are still their original comb products you receive from the forestry centrifuge. You get the honey drops instead of the liquid honey. I am assuming that full extra bees support is not in yet?

When you do add in full extra bees support, can you please make it so the chocolate frames can be made with cocoa powder? Right now, it requires to have found a jungle to get actual cocoa beans and set up a cocoa farm to make the frames instead of being able to utilize the output from the cocoa combs. Of course knowing you Greg, this would be left as is with finding a jungle being a requirement...

With the GT supported way of making the electron tubes, can you change the glass pane recipe in the laminator to only only make 1 tube instead of the 3 it does now? A few of the electrode recipes are quite expensive, and needed in very limited quantities. We can make just 1 electrode in the press, but have no way to make it into a usable tube until we make 3 of them. :(

• I didn't think of ExtraBees at all. The reason the Centrifuge and Squeezer Recipes are available, is that the Forestry Recipe Lists get flat out copied by my Stuff, if I didn't add a GT Recipe for the specific Comb.

As for the Laminator, I am aware that the Recipe is stupid to work with, but I hate letting things go waste. But a special case for the vanilla Glass Panes might be a good idea.

• Hello!
    I start a server with gregtech 6.04.14 (as I know it last for today). I and my friends met a problem. We Can't craft flint mortar!

Does anyone met same problem before?

Thanks

There is still a mortar, but it is a block rather than a tool. Use NEI to look up the recipe. It uses hunger instead of durability, so it is quite a bit better as you only need to make it once.. it does use iron to make, so you will need to raid a village or dungeon or do some magnetite smelting in a crucible first for the necessary iron.