[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

  • I am trying to get Tiny Pile of Calcite Dust. I know how to get it but when i melt Marble i don´t know what to do. Do i need to use one specific mold?

  • As for the Redstone impulse, 1 tick is the shortest impulse, I bet you use somethign that does a 2 tick impulse.

    Well, yeah, I found how to generate 1 tick off pulse. But 1 tick pulse can't be used to activate/deactivate redstone torch, so it's a bit tricky to use.

  • You seem to be thinking of the maximum output of a batt box being fixed based on the number of batteries in it. The *actual* output varies depending on the load. If you accidentally turn on too many machines you can burn out your wire. It would be nice to only burn out a fuse.

  • 1) How to teleport liquids (lava, water) of Nether and planets with GalacticCraft to a specific place? 2) Send a configuration for the exclusion of the generation of GalacticCraft ores.

  • ok so here's where my issue with understanding comes in to play with battery boxes/ using electricity. this is the type of setup i've been using to try and test how electricity works. steam setup that puts out 256 RU/t into a mv dynamo, mv battery box with 3 mv sodium batteries, mv electrolyzer with magnetite within. from what i've read here in the last few posts, this should function. it's giving out 2 packets of 128 and a third battery for EU loss if i were to use a copper wire. the magnetite isn't processing

    When I remake your set-up, the first thing I notice is that the pressure in the boiler

    starts climbing almost immediately. This suggests the pipes are doing a poor job

    moving the steam. When I add in a length of cable between the dynamo and the

    battery box and attach an electrometer, it alternates between 0 and 90 EU. This

    suggests that you're getting less EU out of your dynamo that you'd expect, and

    not even enough to recharge one of the batteries you're running down.


    Replacing the BC pipes with Large Bronze Fluid Pipes works (bandwidth 900L/t).

    However, this is only stable with a single battery in the battery box. The reason

    is that the machine can accept up to 256 EU/t, but your generator only puts out

    176 EU/t (once it's receiving all the steam). The batteries will gradually run down

    until empty, then your supply to the electrolyser will alternate between 256 EU

    and 0 EU. Using one battery, the maximum output is 128 EU/t, which is easily

    replaced by your generator.

  • does underground biomes significantly affect how GT ore generation works? i tried downloading it and it doesn't seem to allow for normal GT ore gen, at least not the large veins of ores

  • the BC pipes are from additional pipes, and are rated for 2000/t flow rate, so they should by far be able to handle the 768/t steam output. when i use the elecrometer sensor, the wires are behaving exactly how i expect them to: the dynamo is producing 176 EU/T with the 2 loss, the bat box is producing 128/t with 4 loss. magnetite is supposed to process at 112 GU/t, yet when i add the bat box it won't process. i even switched out the BC pipes for large bronze pipes and it is behaving the exact same way

  • So Bear mentioned that you lowered the energy required to centrifuge sluice juice, which used to be MUCH higher than drying it, but now it is about 40% lower. Is that a bit of an over nerf, especially considering that after drying, it still has to be magnetically separated?

  • Ahhh....


    I haven't updated since the whole diamond-hunt thing, so it didn't occur to me -

    I think you now need to place a selector tag in the electrolyser to get single item

    recipes to work with the new double input slot.


    Do you have a selector tag set to zero in one of the input slots?


    If you do and it still isn't working then it looks like it might be a bug.

  • wow, i feel incredibly dumb for forgetting that.

  • does underground biomes significantly affect how GT ore generation works? i tried downloading it and it doesn't seem to allow for normal GT ore gen, at least not the large veins of ores

    Underground Biomes lets Ores work exactly like they used to. It is fully compatible.

  • Ores don't show up in NEI so if you are trying to find a particular ore in your chests using the NEI feature where you type in the search bar and double click it, it doesn't work.

  • Ores don't show up in NEI so if you are trying to find a particular ore in your chests using the NEI feature where you type in the search bar and double click it, it doesn't work.

    THat is an NEI Bug I am not willing to fix. Use the Config of GT6 to show the hidden Ore prefixes if you really want to have that.