[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Ha Ha you are very funny Qwertygiy and GregoriusT from sonic the hedgehog that probably won't happen. :P

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• So here is some more steam weirdness. I used to have a line of 3 steel boilers right next to each other and used those to centrifuge sluce juice in a bronze centrifuge. 192 steam made exactly 64 RU/t for the centrifuge, and it worked great. This was with either a steel or invar turbine. I have since upgraded the left of the 3 boilers to dense invar/strong lead ( and the centrifuge is right above this one, and the steam trunk is 3 large steel pipes ). The steel boiler in the middle was cold, so I only connected the steel boiler on the right and the dense invar one on the left, and it won't run the centrifuge. Once I switched to the middle steel boiler and the dense invar ( instead of skipping over it to the right steel boiler ), it works fine again.

In other words, if the two boilers are right next to one another then feeding up into the turbine, it works, but if there is a space between the two boilers and the steam from the steel one has to travel through one more large steel pipe before merging with the steam from the dense invar, it won't work. What gives?

• Pipes on even Coordinates tick differently from the ones on uneven coordinates, resulting in the need of symmetry in some sense. I migth need to fix that somehow later.

• Okay I changed Pipes to work every tick instead of every even/uneven tick now, in a way that shouldn't break things, aside from upping the minimum requirement for filling a vanilla Cauldron with a Pipe.

• At least a version jump from 5.52 to 6.00 instead of keep on coming up the version number 5.52 to 5.53

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

• At least a version jump from 5.52 to 6.00 instead of keep on coming up the version number 5.52 to 5.53

uhhm what did you mean with your sentence? I know clearly well what you were reacting to, but your grammar and spelling doesn't indicate what your reaction actually is.

• this thing says about Version Number Jump. from 6.05 to 6.06, apologies for grammar. You finally made a version jump number.

• apparently when i use the option to hide pfaa the game crashes no matter what. Is there a means to fix this? It worked in old days but a few versions ago it stopped working and i haven't really played mc since

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

The post was edited 1 time, last by EmperorHadriusIII ().

• Hey greg.

The setting for small rock worldgen seem to be broken. They'll still spawn even if set to false in WorldGenerationNew.

I didn't bother checking when it broke, but they would not appear if you disabled them in 6.05.32.

Also item barrel/mass storage rendering is a bit broken for me.

QJbSMmC.png

Place a barrel and put in some thing that render as a flat item (rather than as a 3D cube), and any GT chest placed after it will render black (as long as the barrel is in your view).

It also messes up TESRs from other mods that are after it in the render list, like Enderstorage tanks with fluids and MoreInventoryMod boxes.

At first I thought it was just optifine or fastcraft so I didn't bother reporting it, but now I noticed it was reproducable in a pure Forge+GT6 instance..

• apparently when i use the option to hide pfaa the game crashes no matter what. Is there a means to fix this? It worked in old days but a few versions ago it stopped working and i haven't really played mc since

Hide PFAA? There is an option for that? What does that even mean?

Hey greg.

The setting for small rock worldgen seem to be broken. They'll still spawn even if set to false in WorldGenerationNew.

I didn't bother checking when it broke, but they would not appear if you disabled them in 6.05.32.

Yeah because THOSE Rocks are from the Large Ore Veins. I will add a Config in each Large Ore Vein. It should be easy to do a Ctrl+H to toggle every of the Rocks at once.

Yeah, something in Item Rendering causes that, I wish I knew what it was. It even happens without my Item Barrels. Something somewhere doesn't clean up its GL State and I would like to know what GL State it is.

• Any word yet on a better way of getting oxygen to roast sulfur bearing minerals than electrolyzing water? Or why there is now a WorldGenNew.ini in addition to WorldGen.ini? Or some way of charging electric tools before you can both refine plastic and have iridium for a crystallization crucible for silicon builes for integrated circuits?

Seriously, charging a battery in a power tool should not be that hard.

• Do you know why it's so hard to charge tools? 'Cause Greg said so. Come on, it's a way to "incentive" (force) players to mass produce regular tools. It's a gameplay thing =/

I don't totally agree with it, since electric tools can still break and require more, rarer materials, plus the energy, but you are asking the wrong questions.

It's not "why can't we use powered tools earlier?", it's "why don't you give us more positive incentives to work so hard to make them, rather than just to alliviate the frustration of using worse regular tools?"

• The roads look awesome.

The red/white bands on the U-turn section and the different

barrier colours work particularly well.

I think I see why you went with yellow for the sign colour (minimize

contrast with wood of the sign so that it seems to blend in).

Did you experiment with a black border on the signs yet?

What about vertically oriented slabs for the structure of the sign?

My only criticism would be the walls of the tunnels meeting at an

infinitesimal edge (but then I even dig out rows of blocks that will

never be seen so that my walls/floors/ceilings always meet face to

face). If the aim was to make the tunnel ends more visually interesting,

have you thought of a sloping sidewall? A steep slope of alternating

slabs and whole blocks might look cool.

• The Sign is yellow because what Road I went along. The Sign Colors are Red, Green, Blue and Yellow depending on the direction of the Road.

I am not sure about the Orange Asphalt in the middle yet. I only placed it because I had Issues with Grass spawning useless shit ontop of it.

• Perhaps you can put street lights for lighting just in case for monsters.