[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• So how do you find ore under the new system? You just have to dig around randomly now instead of every third chunk?

I mostly run over-ground collecting pebbles and looking for indicator flowers.

I've also dug a few random shafts, recording any ores I find on the way through.

The same ores are very likely to be found in the same stone type at the same

depth again. For example, I found my first chromite vein by accident, but I've just

found my second chromite vein by looking for a specific stone type at a specific

depth. Once I came across the right stone layer, I found some chromite very

quickly afterwards.

• Look for Rocks on the Surface. Geez I even found Pitchblende Ore that way easily.

I thought that only worked for ore veins like 20 blocks below, so deeper ores you can't find that way? I do have a pitchblende vein in my old chunks, just nothing that gives iridium, or another thing that gives iridium as a byproduct.

• I thought that only worked for ore veins like 20 blocks below, so deeper ores you can't find that way?

I found an ore vein that spawned at y=5 thanks to a pebble on the surface, so yeah they work for more than 20 blocks

• Does a meteorite rock indicate there is a meteoric iron vein, or is it just a lucky rock and collecting the rocks is the only way to get meteoric iron? Also, platinum group sludge seems like a fun way to get iridium, just not when the ore you need to bathe in aqua regia is itself a byproduct of some other ore. Does Platinum, Ruthenium, Sperrylite, Sheldonite, Osimum, and Mithril not spawn itself? Or is it just stupid rare? I ask because I have never found any.

One of the down sides to having both so many different ores, and them spawn in very large veins is that it makes it take ages to find a vein of anything that isn't extremely common, i.e. iron, nickel, copper, and aluminum bearing ores, and this is very frustrating when you only need a little bit. At least with diamonds, if you branch mine at low levels, you WILL find one after a while. When you only need 3 or 4 of them, at least finding one once in a while gives you encouragement to keep looking.

• Does a meteorite rock indicate there is a meteoric iron vein, or is it just a lucky rock and collecting the rocks is the only way to get meteoric iron? Also, platinum group sludge seems like a fun way to get iridium, just not when the ore you need to bathe in aqua regia is itself a byproduct of some other ore. Does Platinum, Ruthenium, Sperrylite, Sheldonite, Osimum, and Mithril not spawn itself? Or is it just stupid rare? I ask because I have never found any.

One of the down sides to having both so many different ores, and them spawn in very large veins is that it makes it take ages to find a vein of anything that isn't extremely common, i.e. iron, nickel, copper, and aluminum bearing ores, and this is very frustrating when you only need a little bit. At least with diamonds, if you branch mine at low levels, you WILL find one after a while. When you only need 3 or 4 of them, at least finding one once in a while gives you encouragement to keep looking.

It is a rare rock that you'll find.

Edit: You can also download galacticraft core, which has meteoric iron in that mod.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Greg, you didn't respond on the turning of ice water (juiced snow) into normal water.

Also, more oddities:

* ground potato (potato dust) cannot be used for anything.

* snow layers look weird on berry bushes (image).

* NEI: crushed ores without dust/ingot forms lie and say they only produce stone in the crucible.

* 1 (MC) blaze rod is 0.5 units of blaze, but is mortar able into 2 blaze powder, each 1 unit of blaze.

• I didnt respond? I for sure added "Warming up Ice Water" to my TODO List.

Snow Layers arent supposed to spawn on Berry Bushes in the first place, no Idea why they do.

Without Dust or Ingot Forms?! All Crushed Ores ALWAYS have a Dust Form, ALWAYS. Which Materials do you speak about?

Blaze Rods are special, very very special.

• Snow Layers arent supposed to spawn on Berry Bushes in the first place, no Idea why they do.

Must be a biome bug which berries don't spawn in any snowy biomes but somehow it is in the center biome square.

Without Dust or Ingot Forms?! All Crushed Ores ALWAYS have a Dust Form, ALWAYS. Which Materials do you speak about?

Well Some Materials like late game metals cannot get the ingot nor the dust form Says in the NEI. For instance baxutie has no by product at all or oilsands which is NYI

Blaze Rods are special, very very special.

Must be intentional.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Are Capsule-Cell-Containers supposed to be fillable / emptiable in the Canning Machine like the IC2 Cells / Forestry Capsules are? If they are, I don't see any recipes for doing that in NEI. (note: I haven't actually tried putting a CCC in a Canning Machine yet because I haven't got around to making circuits yet).

• Snow Layers arent supposed to spawn on Berry Bushes in the first place, no Idea why they do.

The snow layers didn't spawn, they fell during a snowstorm.

crushed Bauxite, Anti-Lithium, etc. say they only output stone dust in the crucible.

• Are Capsule-Cell-Containers supposed to be fillable / emptiable in the Canning Machine like the IC2 Cells / Forestry Capsules are? If they are, I don't see any recipes for doing that in NEI. (note: I haven't actually tried putting a CCC in a Canning Machine yet because I haven't got around to making circuits yet).

Try actually putting them in. ;)

Only smeltable materials can be obtained via crucible. But any crushed ore has smeltable stone inside.

Again wha exactly is meant with this and what nonantimatter materials have this issue?

The snow layers didn't spawn, they fell during a snowstorm.

crushed Bauxite, Anti-Lithium, etc. say they only output stone dust in the crucible.

Bauxite has a Dust form for sure.