[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Do I need a crystallization crucible before the EU age? It seems like I need that in order to make circuit boards, and I need them to build even the smallest EU machine, the LV battery box. I'm not sure if I can charge anything without the battery box.

Just kidding, I realized now I can use the electrolyzer even without a battery box. Cool.

• Do I need a crystallization crucible before the EU age? It seems like I need that in order to make circuit boards, and I need them to build even the smallest EU machine, the LV battery box. I'm not sure if I can charge anything without the battery box.

Yeah. You kinda need Crystalline Silicon Plates for Circuits.

• I don't get it... What does it mean?

Numbers are made out of different Prime Factors, the more of those Factors a number has, the easier it is to divide that number by other numbers. Also one of the Reasons 12, 24, 60, 120 and 144 Hz Monitors are the norm.

I noticed that the Prime Factor of 7 was not present in the current variant of the Number, also the original Number was also not divisible by 1000, what also caused minor other issues.

The Number itself though can only be 9 Decimal Digits, because it has to be possible to multiply it by itself without ending up overflowing Long.MAX_VALUE (aka 63 Bit).

The new Number is 648648000, because it can evenly divide the most out of all choices that I have.

For more Info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_composite_number

• hi.

i have a problem after installing GT6 my mincraft cant start with FML error about cycle mods, first mod in cycle Dummy Container (After) .

and i cant do anything but i want play with gt6.

there log with error latest.txt

anybody have any idea?

Don't look back and fight to the last

• I was afraid it'd bring long ass numbers, would it?

Also wanted to ask, what do you think about this post?
    Just thought that bubbling sound on melting of material could be a nice touch.

The Numbers are always divided by 628628000 before being displayed to the End User in a rough Tooltip or so.

As for that Post, eh, not much to say about it really.

• A blackout caused this crash every time I try to start my world:

....What can I do? I ""wasted"" (if I lose them) so many hours on this world, and it's the best world i've ever had. Never got so far.

• Well.. hum... I haven't Thermal Expansion :O I use only GT6, NEI, chickenchunks, fastcraft (without it I go with 4 fps), inventory tweaks, optifine, rei's and nothing more. It's a pure gt6 modpack, nothing more.

I've updated gt6, another crash. I don't know if that's the same.

P.s.

Just a random question. If you were going to program your own game (2d or not), would you use C++ or Java?

I'm learning C++ (and SFML for the graphic side), I've bought a lot of books to get the basic and advanced concepts, but it seems like c++ is an outdated programming language for videogames.

(No, I will never use game engines. I prefer code something other than videogames than use a random engine not built by me.)

Not sure if this English is really English, I hope everything is correct.

• C++ is very very very unlikely to be the language I would choose. And I dont know what I am gonna use yet, I am going to decide that when I start working on it, that way the engine is at least up to date.

And the FMLProxyPacket Issue is a weird thing, I reduced its probability very much, at the time when I fixed it. Now there is nothing I could do about it left. THe literally only way to fix it is "start the game repeatedly until it finally does not crash".

• C++ is very very very unlikely to be the language I would choose. And I dont know what I am gonna use yet, I am going to decide that when I start working on it, that way the engine is at least up to date.

One (new-ish) language I am personally like is Swift. I don't think it has any native game engines yet, but it interoperates quite well with C, while being a completely type safe, statically compiled language, and is being publicly developed.

It also has forums, and a language guidebook.

However, the language was prototyped by, and is still being funded and guided by Apple, so the development infrastructure is apparently not quite easy to set up on non-macs, but is being worked on for both Windows and (Ubuntu?) Linux.

But as you said, you are not working on your game yet, so Swift may be an option by the time you start.

Just mentioning.