[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Suggestion:

Hydrogen generators, they will create energy from hydrogen the way that hydrogen cars do. They will also exhaust water vapor.

I like this idea got excess hydrogen cells you can't make use of just stick them in a hydrogen power generator and get back either a empty cell or water cell :p

• guys ... please help me to solve problem I am!
    I really want to play with this Addon!
    At least tell me if I can or I can not D:

There's one thing you can do.. Uninstall all mods, save the configs somewhere.. , start from fresh minecraft.jar ver. 1.4.2, IC2 108, GregTech, Forge 354, and NEI (don't install ID resolver), see if there's any problem, if an error still occur I still have GregTech 2.08b if you want to try it; if there's no error occur, then add your mod one by one to see where's the problem..

• The problem is the current version of NEI and it's plugins and reportedly should be fixed sooner or later... hopefully soonish. Reverting to the previous version will fix the issue also removing the addons.

• Platinum is the easier way to go especially if you have metallurgy 2 mod, just be sure to tweak the config file a little to make it not so extremely rare. But then you need a good deal of materials for the Industrial Grinder in order to get the iridium ground out of the platinum ore to begin with. You can also use the industrial centrifuge but it costs a lot more platinum dust but also yields nickle dust.

how i dont find the recipe for iridium out of something else...(next to uu) i know i could enable massfab but i want to play it on medium mode... just bcouse of the fun :P

• how i dont find the recipe for iridium out of something else...(next to uu) i know i could enable massfab but i want to play it on medium mode... just bcouse of the fun :P

NEI, left click or right clicking, either one gives recipes. If you can't find one in one section and pages do the opposite by doing the other mouse button. Also keyboard hotkeys I believe are R and U.

• how i dont find the recipe for iridium out of something else...(next to uu) i know i could enable massfab but i want to play it on medium mode... just bcouse of the fun :P

Recipe for iridium? there's none.. make a quarry and have fun :D

• I can't find any first hand information for this question so if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Is gregtech coded specifically to be incompatible with technic/tekkit or was it an accident?

• I can't find any first hand information for this question so if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Is gregtech coded specifically to be incompatible with technic/tekkit or was it an accident?

I think so, see what I found in the original post..

This Mod can not be used in conjunction with Tekkit, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for permission. And to be honest, he will not ask before, and since "after" (like he always does) is not possible, it wont get added to it. But dont worry, the FTB-Pack is much better, than Tekkit.

• OT:

And to be honest, he will not ask before, and since "after" (like he always does) is not possible, it wont get added to it.

Sad to see that yet another person doesn't know how exactly technic/tekkit came to be and why they didn't ask for permissions beforehand. Hint: blame yogscast.

• I think so, see what I found in the original post..

This Mod can not be used in conjunction with Tekkit, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for permission. And to be honest, he will not ask before, and since "after" (like he always does) is not possible, it wont get added to it. But dont worry, the FTB-Pack is much better, than Tekkit.

Thanks. That doesn't answer the question though. It just looks like he's not giving permission for it to be distributed by that modpack.

• Earlier versions of GT were deliberately coded to not work with Technic/Tekkit. Not even when it was manually added by the user.
    Tbh if anyone has something against the modpack take it to the pack authors, don't screw it's users.

• Thanks. That doesn't answer the question though. It just looks like he's not giving permission for it to be distributed by that modpack.

IIRC yes, you will get something like "now you obviously are using tekkit" thingie in your log if there's technic or tekkit in the path to your file..

• Earlier versions of GT were deliberately coded to not work with Technic/Tekkit. Not even when it was manually added by the user.
    Tbh if anyone has something against the modpack take it to the pack authors, don't screw it's users.

That's exactly why I wanna know. I won't be including it in my own pack if he's going to do that.

• You don't really need to use tekkit.. you can make your own server without it or even FTB..

Currently I know of two mods that at one point have had the code to either break the game or player's world when they detect the use of technic/tekkit (GT and forestry). Problem with both of them has been they fail to detect if user has installed it manually or was it added by modpack authors (impossible to do anyway). Also both of them have made it impossible to use the mod even if you use a whole different minecraft folder if it happens to be in a path that contains technic or tekkit in it's name.

So yeah, breaking stuff for end-users just for having another modpack installed is evil.