[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I didn't mean to start a thing. I just wanted to know if I was going to support this mod or not. Turns out I'm not and you all really need to stop being children about it. Greg is an elitist asshat that's only proving Kaker's comment to be accurate and the technic fanboys really need to stop coming in here with hate spam. Those of you providing specious arguments defending greg's opinion can continue thinking this community is a wholesome one. Ignorance truly is bliss.

All of you: mod authors, modpack creators, texture pack artists, launcher developers, et cetera, need to figure out how to fix the community. If you don't think it's broken, you're blind or an idiot. If you want to hear my ideas on the subject (I'm told they're good by those capable of critical thought and civil discussion even when our opinions differ) I'll gladly discuss them with you. You can PM me on the technic or FTB forums.

If you don't, I really couldn't care less. Mojang's worst idea was letting a bunch of mouth-breathing sycophants police themselves. I'm going back to my own modpack that I've distributed without permissions to my friends and family so we can play on our server without having to deal with this crap.

• If you want to hear my ideas on the subject (I'm told they're good by those capable of critical thought and civil discussion even when our opinions differ) I'll gladly discuss them with you. You can PM me on the technic or FTB forums.

Please, do tell, instead of throwing a bunch of insults our way do you want to back it up with some facts? I hate to reopen this, but we do have threads on these subjects from before .

Greg is an elitist asshat that's only proving Kaker's comment to be accurate

Elitist asshat, how? He made the mod, he can choose who uses it. If I made a study group (for lack of a better example) and excluded someone from it because they drag the group down with their lack of understanding, am I an elitist asshat for not letting them join? Also, what comment by KakerMix? I have yet to see anything like that yet.

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Please read the threads I linked, anything you might have to argue has probably already been covered by them. If not, feel free to add something to the discussions.

you're blind or an idiot.

So 99% of people are blind or idiots? That's how conspiracy theories get started.

I really couldn't care less

As shown by you making this post.

Mojang's worst idea was letting a bunch of mouth-breathing sycophants police themselves

I'm assuming you mean the modding community, Mojang can't even release a modding API, why the hell would they want to police other people's works?

without having to deal with this crap

And yet here you are still posting, telling us that you are open to discussion, what part of the "You are idiots, I'm done with you" attitude does this exemplify?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hmm... where is a richardg if you need one :P

I actually still suggest a method to optain the MatterFabricator by using a nuclear reactor since it solves two problems I... and well maybe others have. Getting iridium is difficult without some mods and I would prefer a basic method that is always avaible and it would also make the nuclear-reactor a lot more usefull (well I haven't tried out the new thorium-cells, but compared to the easyness of running Generators or Geothermals the nuclear reactor somehow lacks.

• Is it intentional that you have to choose between the two ways to put uranium into cells? Either centrifuge it (giving extra thorium and plutonium and tungsten) or make it into near-depleted uranium cells and recharge them? (Or just put it into cells, but that's worse than either)
    It would be nice if there was a way to extract uranium into near-depleted cells, plutonium, thorium and tungsten.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I've seen that "hurting the end user" argument thrown around a bit, but people using it always seem to overlook that taking a mod author's hard work and then using it in the way they are trying to justify hurts the mod author, too. When they see their work being distributed without permission (or even specifically against their wishes, if they clearly stated on the download page that they did not want it included in a mod pack), it can hurt their motivation. Perhaps drive them to make bees into creepers, or even make them not want to develop mods anymore!

Fact is hat greg and vast majority of other people doesn't know how Technic/Tekkit works and how the mod-choosing is done. It's extremely rare to read anything but false information about the modpack and those threads that got linked are simply full of it.

They DO NOT add mods without authors consent. Not after the previously privately shared pack was made public by yogscast without even asking from the pack authors. Writing premature blockers to disallow using it with the modpack is only hurting the end users and ultimately the mod author themselves, not anyone else. If you know for a fact that there is a single mod in any of the current technic/tekkit versions that hasn't got that permission I and the pack authors would definitely like to know. Though you'd have to go ask from the mod authors personally as to my knowledge those of them who don't generally allow incorporating their stuff to packs have been asked by technic/tekkit authors and they have received the permission.

Disclaimer: I used to be a technic user for a few months almost a year ago until I started making my own personal modpack I only share with my GF. If someone else would share the pack (hey, it's pretty decent at 50 mods and properly changed configs to make everything work nice!) and it would gain anywhere near the popularity I'd be in exact same position as Tekkit/Technic is at the moment. I'd get blamed for stealing and all sorts of bad stuff without having done any of that.

Is it intentional that you have to choose between the two ways to put uranium into cells? Either centrifuge it (giving extra thorium and plutonium and tungsten) or make it into near-depleted uranium cells and recharge them? (Or just put it into cells, but that's worse than either)
    It would be nice if there was a way to extract uranium into near-depleted cells, plutonium, thorium and tungsten.

I've been using only thorium lately in my reactors as it's way easier to manage thanks to giving off far less heat. The way I produce it is by creating near-depleted uranium cells and centrifuging them. You get those by compressing uranium dust. One dust gives 8 near-depleted U cells when surrounded by empty cells. Two of those gives a single thorium cell. So a single uranium dust gives 4 thorium cells. I don't use uranium dusts in the centrifuge as that produces a ton of regular uranium cells that I don't have much to do with. I macerate ores and use industrial grinder on ore blocks.

• Hey can we all stop talking about tekkit guys? Those of you who are are seriously sidetracking/hijacking the thread which really has nothing to do with Gregtech beyond him not wanting to make it available to that pack. So please stop it before we see some serious warnings here from the moderators/admins of the site. If any of the mods/admins do act it's likely they will delete the posts talking about all this crap.

• Official Post

What is the way to get diamond dust? The only way I am seeing is using railcrafts rock crusher or is there a different way?

Macerator? It can be created with non-shreddered Diamonds.

titanium dia drill will not replace soft recipe ( drill +3 diamonds) :/

Well, I dont know why that Recipe is not removing. I removed it, but its still there. Happened with Scaffolds and Watermills in the 1.4.2-Version, but not to everyone.

@Tekkit: Stop that shit. There are other Threads for that. I will report anyone who continues it here.

• Macerator? It can be created with non-shreddered Diamonds.

Ahh yeah your right, I was having some strange recipe glitch.

Would It be to much to ask for a config option to lower the gen of pyrite ore?

Side note you are one truly evil man haha, keep up the good work.

• I tried to install your own versions but will not start :(

• @GregT

2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] Hello, Gregorius Techneticies here,
    2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] I see you obviously use Tekkit, but this Mod wont load, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for the inclusion of my Mod. So bug HIM for it.
    2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] P.S. I would've corrupted all your Savefiles like SirSengir, but i didnt for Publicity reasons.

Please change this. Forestry never corrupted any save files. That's technic propaganda and simply not true. Don't perpetuate Kaker's lies.

Thanks.

• Elitist asshat, how? He made the mod, he can choose who uses it. If I made a study group (for lack of a better example) and excluded someone from it because they drag the group down with their lack of understanding, am I an elitist asshat for not letting them join? Also, what comment by KakerMix? I have yet to see anything like that yet.

Greg is a decent programmer, but ultimately he's childish, responds poorly to criticism, and is unwilling to compromise. His opinions are not only the most important, but the only ones of importance, and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. It's a terrible mindset to have, especially for someone whose only claim to 'fame' is through an addon for an addon.

• Official Post

Greg is a decent programmer, but ultimately he's childish, responds poorly to criticism, and is unwilling to compromise. His opinions are not only the most important, but the only ones of importance, and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. It's a terrible mindset to have, especially for someone whose only claim to 'fame' is through an addon for an addon.

Since you ignored the Part with the discoussion I have to report you, as I said that I will report anyone, who continues it.

Now for your nontekkit statements:
    Childish? Which Programmer isnt?
    Criticism? I accept criticism, but do I really have to respond multiple times?
    Compromise, with which Person?
    My opinions are the only important ones? Yes ofcourse, as I'm the only real Coder of this Mod. (mistaqur helps constantly with NEI-Issues, but thats it)
    Addon for an Addon? You mean Addon for a Mod, as IC² is a full Mod.