[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• However, as you responded, this has become a discussion.

I don't know which programmers you've been hanging out with, but every programmer I know, including myself, I'd like to think, is emotionally mature, especially when it comes to representing themselves to the public.

You may hear criticism, but you certainly don't listen to it.

Compromise with the Technic team, apparently. Instead of taking your issues up with the people doing things you have a problem with, you decided to go after your users. You demand that the other party in question goes out of their way to talk to you, instead of being proactive and talking to them like an adult.

And thinking that your ideas are the only ones that matter fulfills all of the previous three descriptions. There are a lot of people in this thread complaining about the way you do things. There's a reason for that.

And there's no legitimate difference between 'addon' and 'mod' unless you're saying that IC2 doesn't add content, or, alternatively, that Gregtech doesn't modify anything.

• guys I do not know what to do ... is there a way to solve problem I am or not? clearly tell me please .. I've tried to do what you told me but also with the earlier versions of the NEI does not work ...

• guys I do not know what to do ... is there a way to solve problem I am or not? clearly tell me please .. I've tried to do what you told me but also with the earlier versions of the NEI does not work ...

Something I'm sure you can do: Upgrade to 1.4.5, IC2 1.109 and download the latest GregTech; and use that NEI 1.4.2.7 with CCC 0.6.8.1 as suggested..

• ah shouldn't have double posts but here we go...

He did implement a lot of things being suggested by people... But you know, you won't implement everything just some of them..

If he's not listening to criticism he wouldn't make that Industrial Blast Furnace (because some people complain steel is hard to obtain), Jack Hammer(the same, because some people complain mining drill is hard to make) and continue with all the expensive recipes..

Skip the tekkit part..

As the author of the mod, of course he has his ideal of how he wants to direct this mod.. The recent complains I knew were about the Diamond dust, Iridium and Chrome (from myself).. but then yeah.. after doing some researches actually the recipes that use Chrome are quite balance(the fusion reactor is meant to be hard to obtain)... and I still agree that Iridium is a pain to get, but you can quarry the entire thing in a mystcraft age... will take time but you will get it eventually.. He responded to this diamond dust thingie by introducing a Industrial Grinder to turn diamond ore into at least a diamond and several tp diamond dusts..

Addon for addon is quite correct because GregTech also use Railcraft stuff which I remember is an add-on of Buildcraft (but that's not fixed as in you can still play GregTech without Railcraft installed, but it will decrease the fun)..

• Official Post

However, as you responded, this has become a discussion.

I don't know which programmers you've been hanging out with, but every programmer I know, including myself, I'd like to think, is emotionally mature, especially when it comes to representing themselves to the public.

Oh, you mean that kind of childish. I defined it in another Way than you (Having the good old FUN with moreless good jokes and such).
    What you were thinking of, were those typical stupid Childs, who complain about legit things, and stolen Stuff.

You may hear criticism, but you certainly don't listen to it.

If I say something then I said it, and then I wont revert it. In this case I said that "I will remove the Tekkit-Blocker as soon as Kakermix asks", so I'm seriously NOT able to remove it until then.

Compromise with the Technic team, apparently. Instead of taking your issues up with the people doing things you have a problem with, you decided to go after your users. You demand that the other party in question goes out of their way to talk to you, instead of being proactive and talking to them like an adult.

Do you think I run after them, to get my Mod intentionally into their Pack? The only thing I want is getting asked before inclusion, like almost every other Moddev. I just force him to ask before, nothing else. If he would ask, them I would let him include it.
    Please stop the Tekkit arguments. I improved my Tekkit Detector (much less fail alarms) since Direwolfs Spotlight on the FTB-Launcher, so much less users get annoyed accidently.

And thinking that your ideas are the only ones that matter fulfills all of the previous three descriptions. There are a lot of people in this thread complaining about the way you do things. There's a reason for that.

Yup its always at least one of these:
    They are Noobs
    They dont read Configs
    They dont read Threads.
    They suggest overpowered things.

And there's no legitimate difference between 'addon' and 'mod' unless you're saying that IC2 doesn't add content, or, alternatively, that Gregtech doesn't modify anything.

Mod->depends on the original Game.
    Addon->depends on a Mod.
    Easy as that.

• Hi Greg, I may be a pink pokemon, but I am still playing 1 4 2 vers, so I dunno if anything was changed since then.
    I kind of dislike your recepie for nikel-copper coils, because getting nikel dust requires centrifuging some copper, and recepie for blast furnace requires 4 coils, when recepie gives 3.
    its REALLY annoying, when you have to centrifuge 2x copper to get THAT LAST PIECE OF..coil.
    maybe you will change the blast furnace recepie to require 2 coils insted of 3 or change recepie of coils, to give 2, not 3 coil?

another thing is to tweak the urandust-centrifuge recepie to take 8 urandust for 8 urancells, 2 thoriumcells and no plutonium. By the time I get 16 uranium, I usually have a breeder, so this recepie rarely seems profitable.

another is to make an upgrade for miner, so it would be able to use lapotronorbs

and some REALLY long ago you liked the idea of using compressed air cells to make a thing to quickly get to the surface while swimming
    I thought that you can make a cool swimming suite for long distances with these cells.
    actually, I thought of some more greg-style development of this idea and got:
    Steve-cannon! this is underwater building, which can be used to send Steve into super-fast swimming 8o We take Steve, lots of compressed air cells, equip with special costume, jump into special capsule and it shoots Steve REALLY fast to quickly travel the ocean.
    Probably, It can also be done in teleport-style, so that when capsule is shot, game checks chunks in direction shot and looks for the ocean-other biome change. Quite crazy, but we have to do something to replace non-existing electro-boat..

• another is to make an upgrade for miner, so it would be able to use lapotronorbs

OP. Lapotron is already a config (If I remind right) because it can be considered as OP.
    And ... do you think a lapotron isn't enough ? (it's a real question: how many EU does consume a miner with DD + OV scanner before it finish ?)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• it's a real question: how many EU does consume a miner with DD + OV scanner before it finish ?)

It depends on height of mining. I have BWG3 installed, so my normal height is altered from 64 to 70-75. it takes A BIT MORE THAN LAPOTRON (like 50-100k more maybe) - but last levels have most precious stuff.
    And why do you think miner with lap is overpowered? If u have problems with energy, just make a huge EV powerline and move miner, transformers and batbox with it..
    lap in miner is a soultion to simplify life - we dont need to hook a bat+LV+MV+HV+MFSU, but if we can afford a charged lapotron, we already have MFSU..where is overpower-thing?

• Mod->depends on the original Game.
    Addon->depends on a Mod.
    Easy as that.

Not that I want to say you're wrong, but technically, a mod is something that changes the Basefiles, it's a MODification of the basefiles. An addon, unlike the first is something adding contents without changing anything to the Basefile. And technically, IC² is an addon, were Forge and others are mods.
    Am I mistaking on anything ?
    And yes, in a common language, an addon is a mod of a mod of the original game.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And why do you think miner with lap is overpowered? If u have problems with energy, just make a huge EV powerline and move miner, transformers and batbox with it..
    lap in miner is a soultion to simplify life - we dont need to hook a bat+LV+MV+HV+MFSU, but if we can afford a charged lapotron, we already have MFSU..where is overpower-thing?

That's the problem. While you're not able to power a miner via a simple Handable-Energy-Storage-Item, you need to run it a setup. In fact, that's what make the Miner balanced, because it's annoying and long to set it up. Because otherwise, you would just create 50 Miner, and you would continuously keep these powered with Handable-Energy-Storage-Items and moving your miners wouldn't be a problem anymore. What do you thinkg it useful with Vanilla-Electrolyzed cells, as it's not an efficient way of storing energy ? To me, it's because it makes you able to power Miners without moving your powering station, just moving the Electrolyzer.
    And, are those 50-100K EU so annoying ? You've just to put another lapotron, or even an energy crystal --'

Edit: oops, while posting on 2 different Windows, I didn't noticed that doubleposting, sorry :/

And ... it's over 9000 200 000 (viewcount of this thread) !

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hi all,

I've dig from 64 to bedrock 16 entire chunk. Then, i've found only 1 irridium ore. It seems i can make irridium from the Matterfabricator but ...

Matterfabricator need titanium and lot more irridium ... 20 i think no ?

How to find more irridium ORE ?
    How to find/make more irridium ?
    How to find/make more platinium ?

I want to replace glass fiber with supreconductor, but they cost lot of irridium, that's crazy because it's multiple irridium for only one cable.

Thanks a lot for your help. (I don't wan't to change Greg settings)

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• I don't use mettalurgy, i'am thinking it doesn't add anything usefull to the game. How can ore coming from another mod be neccessary for a very important machine ? I mean platinium otherwise seem to be only coming from "silktouched" irridium ore ... irridium ore is extremly rare (1/16 chunk) and we need to found manually 2 irridium ore to have only one platinium ingot ... there must be another way, isn't it ?

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.

• I can only think of multiple 64x64 quarries in a mystcraft age; Iridium is a pain.. as of now.. platinum is nearly impossible :D
    EDIT: I forgot that you can get tiny pile of platinum from scrapbox (0.12%)

EDIT2: need around.. 240000 amount of blocks to be recycled to get at least 1 platinum dust (around one 64x64x64 Quarry)
    one 64x64x64 gives you around 3 Iridiums; and we need 8 Iridiums to make a matterfabricator (4 for Energy Flow Circuit, 4 for Lapotronic Energy Orb), so... 3 full quarries will do?

Btw, maybe we can wait for the asteoid... hopefully it will help lessen the pain to get Iridium for matterfabricator :P

• I don't use mettalurgy, i'am thinking it doesn't add anything usefull to the game. How can ore coming from another mod be neccessary for a very important machine ? I mean platinium otherwise seem to be only coming from "silktouched" irridium ore ... irridium ore is extremly rare and we need to found manually 2 irridium ore to have only one platinium ingot ... there must be another way, isn't it ?

See the Gregtech computer cube, I guess it contains important informations about it. (Especially Centrifuge/Grinder/Electrolyzer)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

I'm pretty certain that Tekkit will have to update to 1.4.5 at some point(Google seems to think they did already, but their site seems to say differently) and in doing so, (assuming their site is correct) following the loss of EE, it's possible that they might try to grab a few more tech mods to bridge the gaps created by a lack of that mod, GregTech could be picked up somewhere along the line. However, your argument does make sense, as most of their user base sees nothing wrong with having a crapload of condensers and exploiting with EE (one of my friends that uses the pack insists on calling EE "mad science"), and therefore will probably not want a mod that makes things harder.

I love how you based your entire post around opinions of 2 or 3 people and tried to pass it off as the average opinion. Let me state one fact: 70% of Tekkit servers have EE disabled, and 100% of the good servers have EE either completely disabled or heavily, HEAVILY tweaked/partially disabled. The last thing 90% of the Technic userbase wants is going into pseudo-creative after 5 Minecraft days.

• See the Gregtech computer cube, I guess it contains important informations about it. (Especially Centrifuge/Grinder/Electrolyzer)

Haven't seen anything more about irridium ore and platium. All was already in the NEI, i know fusion reactor can make irridium, but because it need tons of irridium to be build, that's useless for the moment.

Still stuck with 2 irridium and 2 platinium tiny dust in one week ...

• Haven't seen anything more about irridium ore and platium. All was already in the NEI, i know fusion reactor can make irridium, but because it need tons of irridium to be build, that's useless for the moment.

Still stuck with 2 irridium and 2 platinium tiny dust in one week ...

You do know that all the stuff in Metallurgy 2 is optional. All you need for getting Platinum in your world is the base file and Precious Ores file. If you don't wanna have Vanilla spawns change then there is a configuration for that in the config file.

• You do know that all the stuff in Metallurgy 2 is optional. All you need for getting Platinum in your world is the base file and Precious Ores file. If you don't wanna have Vanilla spawns change then there is a configuration for that in the config file.

It's also possible to do as I did:
    install the base + precious ores and disable EVERYTHING besides platinum. Works fine so far.