[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• V2.52c:
    Added two additional End-Ores.
    Added Asteroids to the End.
    Added some of the suggested Stuff.

You sir have made the end more interesting and useful. For that you will have my undying admiration for doing what Mojang didn't ;)

• Such as? I actually haven't heard any other material being used in fission reactors besides uranium, thorium and plutonium in some designs.

Such as one of the Nuclear Waste from Nuclear Fission. It couldn't produce energy, but would last as long as current Thorium, Heat the same thing and ALLOW BREEDING (because this is obviously the current uses of Thorium). And Thorium would provide 1/2 EU/t for the same time as Ura, but would be cheaper and easier to find. Although it would heat more, as Thorium is in theory supposed to be less efficient than Ura, and usable only with higher technology, but so, so cheaper (I guess there is about 10/20 Thorium Atom for 1 Ura, since Thorium is a product of Ura decay and has a longer half-life.
    As an example, the recipe could be: 32 Ura Dust in Centrifuge --> 24 Ura, 2 Plutonium, 32 Thorium and 4 Something else (Francium, Radium ... there is a huge choice ^^) (I decreased the amount or Ura because while adding another Reactor Fuel with Ore Generation, it would become OP otherwise) [2*250 000=500 000 EU]
    AND, Thorium could also be obtained as an ore: 64 Thorium Dust in Centrifuge --> 4 Ura, 16 Thorium, 1 Tungsten (to replace the one with Ura), 4 Lead Dust (Lead is an example, but it's also the last element from the decaying chain of Ura).
    Of course Thorium would be easier to get, maybe like 4 times more common than Ura. Thorium Dust Centrifuging should also take even more time than Ura ( because this is with 64 instead of 16, and the simple fact you would have more of it would make it longer to proceed) --> 1 000 000 EU.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'm quite sure mass spectrometer can't really separate the elements, it just enables an easier way to detect individual elements in a mix of many.

If mass spectrometer is able to makes the difference between 2 different Isotope (ex C14 and C12, or C12 and O16), that's because it use magnetics force to intefere on Isotopes movements, and then these can be detected by differentd ... detectors ^^. You'll say, but 2 different Isotope from 1 Atom can't be differently deviated by magnetic forces, because it's the same number of protons! You would be partialy right. In fact, mass is enough to distinguish 2 Isotope, as C12 and C14, from the same Atom.
    Of course it already takes energy IRL, for a few Atoms ... what would it cost for Tons of materials ? Giga EU ^^

It would be a nice option but at least I have spent my entire coal supply to make diamonds. A stack of coal = 1 diamond

I find it useless. Use more carbon plate! ^^ Advanced Generator uses a lot of it ^^. Seriously, do you really think 64 Coal worth 1 diamond ? I've already too much diamond (and also Coal, but ... ^^)

Hey Greg, I've a suggestion for you, before you add any space dimension: I would like to see FINITE dimensions that could be generated multiple times (deleting the old one) when you decide it. That would be HUGE Stronghold/Dungeons/others structures with new materials, more probability of ore spawning etc ...
    Why, How ? By using a Highly-advanced machine, containing VERY advanced OV Scanner, wich would be able to detect weak point of the Terrestrial Crust, in order to send you into little hole in Earth (because oviously, if you're speaking about Minecraft's world, it wouldn't be interesting to go into ... the Void ^^) at the cost of very high energy (about 100 000 000 EU). Once your in, the only way you would have to go out would be to find a Higly-valuable-Energy-Ore (it would exist min 1 per dimension generated, 2 if you're very lucky, 3 if you're God [I mean Greg, because God does not exist]) to gain these 100 000 000 EU (except if you comes with a Nuclear Reactor and Ura ^^). This machine would also have a Large-Chest function, to make able to come back with a lot of Ore.
    What would be the point of it ?
    1- Making mining useful while you've already 4 Quarry.
    2- Adding a new step to get better technologies (new Ore ?).
    3- As it would be a giant Dungeon, it would be fun to explore ^^ (creepers could as an example all be charged, there could be new powerful mobs, except I know you Greg have currently a poor knowledge of Entities ^^ (compared to the rest), but in the same time very hard (What do you think of a limited amount of Genetically Modifyed Zombies because of Thorium/Ura Radiation ? ^^
    4- It could contain a more-rich-in-Iron Lava (because you'd be close the the Earth Nucleus).
    5- It would be a solution for respawning Ore once you've a world (I love your addon, but ... one of its problem is the Ore Generation, wich changed everyother week ^^), or once you've digged so far that you don't want to generate any new chunk ...
    6- New machines --> More consumed materials--> More hours to spend playing! ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Two questions:

1) Is there a way with use of translocators/buffers/sorter or whatever to build a splitter?
    E.g. 64 Cobblestone from one chest -> 2*32 Cobblestone in two other chests.
    I need this to equally distribute one type of load like Helium Cells over to a bunch of industrial centrifuges ;)
    2) Anyone of you using a chunkloader? I tried chickenChunks but it crashes my minecraft.
    oh and 3) @Greg, great great job, can't say it enough. Your work is really appreciated ;)

• Official Post

1) Is there a way with use of translocators/buffers/sorter or whatever to build a splitter?
    E.g. 64 Cobblestone from one chest -> 2*32 Cobblestone in two other chests.
    I need this to equally distribute one type of load like Helium Cells over to a bunch of industrial centrifuges ;)

Its planned. But until then you have to roughly (stackwise) seperate Items, by using Translocators on Buffers (or other Chests). That works well for large Factories.

2) Anyone of you using a chunkloader? I tried chickenChunks but it crashes my minecraft.

Crashing with THIS Mod or crashin in general? My Railcraft World Anchors are working.

Did nobody notice the new Modes on the electric Autocrafting Table? They are much better than the Packager of Factorysation, and get even more improved in the next Version.

• Quote from GregoriusT

Crashing with THIS Mod or crashin in general? My Railcraft World Anchors are working.

No it's not because of your mod, seems like 1.2.5 was last version that's supported. dammit

• Maybe i am completly stupid but... the latest IC2 version is for 1.4.5 (v1.109) and on top of this post is written there is a addon from greg tech for v1.109 but i cant find the link for it...
    yes call me stupid if you like because i cant find it lol :D

• Maybe i am completly stupid but... the latest IC2 version is for 1.4.5 (v1.109) and on top of this post is written there is a addon from greg tech for v1.109 but i cant find the link for it...
    yes call me stupid if you like because i cant find it lol :D

open important stuff, then installation, and don't forget to read it all.

• Greg, I am so glad you liked and implemented my suggestions!! so im gonna press my luck some more and suggest a few more things.

1. Sodium is highly combustible, make it burnable in a boiler for a very high yield (4x of lava simple due to how difficult it is to get sodium) will make heating up boilers easier
    2. Beryllium Copper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper) a good alloy that has many uses in electronics. I was thinking 3 copper ore + beryllium (it is very rare after all) to yield 20 beryllium copper bars which can be used as a replacement for copper in copper cables and for alternate (cheaper) recipe for copper plating!
    3. Palladium - countless industrial uses, can alloy with silver to make electrodes (to be used in forestry as alternate recipe for diamond electron tubes, can be made into special cells that absorb hydrogen (4 palladium + 5 hydrogen) to make extremely potent fuel source that can burn in generators and boilers. Most importantly palladium is not consumed in the process due to its ability to absorb hydrogen and release it.
    4. titanium to make advanced machines. 5 titanium (1 in each corner, 1 in middle) and 2 carbon plates 2 advanced alloys as replacement for machine block recipe
    5. Liquid nitrogen - already exists in the game already through other mods (not sure which mod adds it) but would be nice to see some integration with your nitrogen cells and ability to pipe liquid nitrogen directly into nuclear reactor as a 1 time outside coolant. Combined with nuclear control you can have an interesting mechanic if reactor overheats pump liquid nitrogen in to super cool it! Of course make it expensive to balance.

Next suggestions involve tungsten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolframium#Alloys)
    6. Here is a bit of a weird / cool idea I have. Tungsten + nickel to make kinetic penetrator. Its a round that you fire from some sort of projectile launcher (leave that part up to you). Its a 1 time use projectile that will move forward 30 blocks, penetrating and destroying everything in its path except for bedrock. It would be an excellent tool for hollowing out room or making mine shafts, considering destruction catalyst is gone and tungsten isnt easy to come by.
    7. Tungsten + sulfur + manganese to make powerful fluorescent lighting. It will require EU to operate (constant 1eu/t) but will produce very bright light that lights up a wide area + it can have cool graphics. If not too op you can also make it deadly to creepers, preventing them from approaching it!
    8. Silicon in advanced circuit recipe. ! silicon plate + 4 redstone to make 2 advanced circuits

And last, but not least I absolutely love chemistry and physics and the fact that gregtech adds so much of it!!! What do you think about a particle collider? :) Can open up possibilities for synthesizing californium, einsteinium, nobelium, etc. considering we already have fusion reactors it would mix together extremely well. Would need 8k EU/t and you can insert various cells in there to create / break elements!

Thank you very much for consideration, absolutely love the mod and would love some feedback:)

• so your new Dimension will be a mix between the overworld and the nether in one dimension sounds interresting.
    Little question can you make the Sapphire and Ruby generation configureable like the iridium? and/or the possibility to turn off the "generate only in desert or oceans/beach" ? Would be nice for server side generation.

BAAAH FEANTURY fix that crash bug... -.-

No, it says on his "possible Features list" that the dimensions will be opened by some form of a "stargate". Suggestion: Particle accelerator would create antimatter, only a small chance of doing so though. Antimatter would be put in a antimatter generator. You would have to put antimatter on one side and uu matter on the other. This would create enough energy to open a portal to a new dimension. A more realistic solution would be that it creates a wormhole and would need to be opened with negative energy.

Suggestion: being able to give your IDSU's IDs because I have 2 main power grids and I want them to be seperate. (I have this because the industrial grinder and industrial blast furnace require energy at all times)

Suggestion: SSU, singularity storage unit, can accept 100 billion eu and outputs what ever super conductors have with a redstoned supercondansator.

Suggestion: New quantum armor abilitys like to pass trough 1 block thick walls.

Suggestion: An energy orb that can store infinite eu.

Suggestion: New cable types, like something that is less expensive than super conductors.

• Suggestion: New cable types, like something that is less expensive than super conductors.

3 tungsten in a straight line to make 6 tungsten cable. 3 tungsten cable in a straight line and 6 fibre cable around it to make fibre optic cable

• Hi all, wonder if anyone knows about the IC2 miner and Gregtech.

Whenever a miner retracts the mining pipes, about half of them vanish. A stack of 64 pipes goes in, yet only 33 are returned after mining has finished. I've had a quick browse around this thread, the gregtech wiki and the config files, but I haven't seen anything that explains this behaviour.

Is this what normally should happen,or have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• Beryllium is also something that alone can be used in neutron reflectors ;)

• Suggestion: An energy orb that can store infinite eu.

That's very OP. And there is a problem, Computers CAN'T handle a number growing up to infinity, they have limited memory to store a variable. In Java, the minimum possible value is -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 and a maximum value is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (inclusive). You can use some kind of classes like BigInteger that support some greater numbers, but they are REALLY REALLY slow (impossible to use in a game).

• the industrial electrolizer don't work the arrows keep reseting their state instead of filling up and the block itself keep flickering it do the same with LV and MV lines (and of course it blow up with HV ones).

that happen with all the versions for IC2 109 and with both forge 395 and 407.

• the industrial electrolizer don't work the arrows keep reseting their state instead of filling up and the block itself keep flickering it do the same with LV and MV lines (and of course it blow up with HV ones).

that happen with all the versions for IC2 109 and with both forge 395 and 407.

Did you even read the Q/A in the OP? This is a feature, you must supply a constant 128EU/t for the machine to operate properly. LV won't work.

Q: My Machines Progress gets null and the Machine consumes tons of EU for nothing! HALP! BORKEN!!!
    A: NOT A BUG!!! If you are not applying enough EU/t to any of my Machines, then it just stops and the Progress is gone. If you then feed it with insufficient EU/t it consumes it and immidietly aborts (wasting EU!). That is much more realistic, than a stuttering (and then lagging) Machine. If you dont want to lose Progress due to that, then use the Config. It's under "features" as of 2.08d.

• Whenever a miner retracts the mining pipes, about half of them vanish. A stack of 64 pipes goes in, yet only 33 are returned after mining has finished. I've had a quick browse around this thread, the gregtech wiki and the config files, but I haven't seen anything that explains this behaviour.

That's a bug in IC2 itself. It's fixed in a version that hasn't been released yet.

Suggestion: An energy orb that can store infinite eu.

Main problem with anything infinite is they leave zero room for advancement. I'd like if there would be a future possibility to make even more powerful things. Can'g get much better than "infinite", though.

• Did you even read the Q/A in the OP? This is a feature, you must supply a constant 128EU/t for the machine to operate properly. LV won't work.

read better my post i said that i use a medium voltage line to power it up and is not working.i have first tried with 32 eu/t then with 128 eu/t and both not work so i have then tried with 512 eu/t and it blew up.

• When did gregtech become OPtech? I like that there is stuff in the mod that is semi-OP but isn't completely there needs to be a limit to how OP this mod should be. Also Condansators don't have a use atm in the mod.

I do not want this mod to become OPtech and have stuff become semi-easy to obtain. I got this mod because of the challenge it brings back to the game and keeps me interested in playing it.