[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

Edit: Greg, no comment on sheldonite ore being OP?

I thought the Code is enough, so that I dont have to comment it.

So when I run mc, Gregtech says there's unknown dust and that I should report it so they can add it for compatibility. The dust it's talking about is from Metallurgy: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/7449…k-in-minecraft/

Thanks

Do you use an old Version? AND WHY DONT YOU TELL ME THE DUST!?!

So, Sheldonite is the new prize for killing the ender dragon! In 1.2.5, it was a enderegg for a enderegggen for a lot of EOPMC, know you get small amounts of a pecial ore.

Who says you need to kill that Dragon? And the Dragon Egg + Sand Duplicator = Infinite EMC.

And its called Sheldonite, cause its IRL Name is Cooperite.

• I thought the Code is enough, so that I dont have to comment it.

No... it gets you ridiculous (for GregTech) amounts of iridium, and there's no config for it. It's faster than the matter fabricator, iridium mining and probably the mass fabricator too.
    Even if it was nerfed from 1 to 1/4 iridium per block as someone said, it's still faster. It completely destroyed the balance of iridium on the server I play on, since it's so easy to get. (Edited: There's not a lot of it, but it's very easy to spot)

And its called Sheldonite, cause its IRL Name is Cooperite.

Lol...

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Lemme ask you something Greg. Is it possible to switch Tritium cells with He3 cells in a fusion reactor while it's Making Fusion(TM) so it doesn't use up 60kk EU for start?

EDIT:Industrial Grinder recipe for gold ore and mercury takes longer than NEI says. It lasts longer than 5 seconds.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited 2 times, last by SteveofDoom ().

• The End has a (nonasteroid) Probability of once every ~4 Chunks to generate it. You normally get 6 of them per vein. => ~twice as much Iridium in the End. You can always turn that Worldgen OFF.

It's much easier to get it from asteroids, even though it's technically rarer. I thought the default config was supposed to make it hard to get end-game stuff?
    It's also not about the rarity of sheldonite, it's about how long it takes to find and harvest it.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Lemme ask you something Greg. Is it possible to switch Tritium cells with He3 cells in a fusion reactor while it's Making Fusion(TM) so it doesn't use up 60kk EU for start?

Yes it is.

EDIT:Industrial Grinder recipe for gold ore and mercury takes longer than NEI says. It lasts longer than 5 seconds.

Impossible. The Grinder has a fixed speed. Are your TPS fast enough?

It's much easier to get it from asteroids, even though it's technically rarer. I thought the default config was supposed to make it hard to get end-game stuff?
    It's also not about the rarity of sheldonite, it's about how long it takes to find and harvest it.

Even with creative I wasnt able to really find much Asteroids.

• hi,
    I think that the rock cutter is too powerful, with 1 hour of mining, I get almost 1 full gold chest of redstone :S and its too easy to maintain (electricity only)

Speak for yourself. You can do the same with a diamond pickaxe now thanks to the anvil repair functionality.

• hi,
    I think that the rock cutter is too powerful, with 1 hour of mining, I get almost 1 full gold chest of redstone :S and its too easy to maintain (electricity only)

How did you get 81 stacks of redstone with 1 hour mining.. considering you need 6 redstone ores per stack, that's 486 redstone ores per 1 hour.. 1 redstone ores per 7 seconds? With Dense Ore? ..but I think you will need those redstone ores for rubies.. so not a big deal..

• I created an Implosion Compressor but it tells me "Incomplete Machine Casing!".
    I created some casing but don't know what to do with it/how to apply it.

How to get the Implosion Compressor working so I can create Iridium plates again (I already got the needed ITNT and Iridium Alloy Ingot)?

• How did you get 81 stacks of redstone with 1 hour mining.. considering you need 6 redstone ores per stack, that's 486 redstone ores per 1 hour.. 1 redstone ores per 7 seconds? With Dense Ore? ..but I think you will need those redstone ores for rubies.. so not a big deal..

I play with my girlfriend in a lan, so we are 2 mining. I was not using mystcraft. Per ore you get 10 redstone with the "industrial Mercator". Maybe luck? (I said "almost" 1 gold chest)

Since when are Diamonds valuable? I always have stacks of them in my Chests, and nothing to do with them. And the diffrence between them is that you cant use the NaK-Cells for the Laser and the greenish Color. Nothing else.

I think that The problem is the mods. All this technical mods make diamonds not valuable using the electrical tools and armours. I like the tools, but they are overpowered in my opinion (maybe more energy consumption?).

• I think that The problem is the mods. All this technical mods make diamonds not valuable using the electrical tools and armours.

I agree with that. You should add a very useful components needing diamonds. Actually, the things in your addon that makes diamond useless are: Ruby, Sapphire. In Vanilla-IC², diamond is very used because it's the only way to get energy crystal, lapotron --> Storage, advanced technologies all need some diamonds. By the way, Ruby and Sapphire also makes LESU useless. Maybe combining it with Lithium Battery could increase their Storage ? (That would be in the same mind, thinking LESU are "cheap" because Lapis is often useless, i.e "free" --> Lithium isn't "free", but easy to get from common ressources if you've enough energy and time to get it.)
    Irrelevant: What do you think about adding LESU blocks as Machine Casing blocks ? It could improve internal EU-storage, if you want to implement some way of using (advanced one, of course ^^) Overclocker Upgrade.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I think that The problem is the mods. All this technical mods make diamonds not valuable using the electrical tools and armours.

Did I say that this Diamondcount was in Vanilla-MC and with Mods?

I agree with that. You should add a very useful components needing diamonds. Actually, the things in your addon that makes diamond useless are: Ruby, Sapphire. In Vanilla-IC², diamond is very used because it's the only way to get energy crystal, lapotron --> Storage, advanced technologies all need some diamonds. By the way, Ruby and Sapphire also makes LESU useless. Maybe combining it with Lithium Battery could increase their Storage ? (That would be in the same mind, thinking LESU are "cheap" because Lapis is often useless, i.e "free" --> Lithium isn't "free", but easy to get from common ressources if you've enough energy and time to get it.)
    Irrelevant: What do you think about adding LESU blocks as Machine Casing blocks ? It could improve internal EU-storage, if you want to implement some way of using (advanced one, of course ^^) Overclocker Upgrade.

LESU-Blocks cause Machine-Casing-Updates, when placed/removed. But as an Upgrade? Maybe.

• Did I say that this Diamondcount was in Vanilla-MC and with Mods?

What I'm trying to said, is that the diamonds are shelved (or "unused") in tools maintenance. For example, I have a diamond pick with 3 enchantments, and I treasure it a lot (its "difficult" to repair and obtain good enchantments).. but if I loose my rock cutter in lava (like yesterday), I simply create another with no much effort, and with a lot of benefits, and almost 0 maintenance.

I think that a drill/tool loose its sharp edges, so a maintenance is not so crazy.

In vanilla-MC you have to play a lot to gather a stack of diamonds to maintain your tools and armours. But my point is not about diamonds and enchantments, is about the maintenance of the tool. Maybe more energy consumption? some kind of usage limit (loooong time, but limited at least) until make a new one?

EDITED> wrong english translation :P

• What I'm trying to said, is that the diamonds are subestimated and "unused" in tools. For example, I have a diamond pick with 3 enchantments, and I treasure it a lot (its "difficult" to repair and obtain good enchantments).. but if I loose my rock cutter in lava (any similarity with reality is pure coincidence), I simply create another with no much effort, and with a lot of benefits.

Your example is not the good one. Because in the 2 case, you'll lose 3 Diamonds, with Xp in the one, Circuit + Iron in the other. The problem that could be mentionned would be the fact you need Diamond to repair Vanilla Pickaxe, while you only use Energy for Rockcutter. But I'm not complaining about the Rockcutter, since it's speedness is already a problem --> I only use it on Diamonds, Uranium and if never I find one, Iridium. But I agree with the fact it should be a little more expensive (than Diamond Pickaxe). An energy Crystal instead of the RE-battery would be enough, + non being compatible with Batpack.

Edit: You're cheating, you've edited your post 5 times and it makes the mine a bit irrelevant. When I did it myself, that was for grammar corrections.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().