[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I know that Forge supposedly will keep ores that are the same compatible with mods that use them, but I wanted to make sure. Does this mod works with Metallurgy 2?

It should, but I think it got glitched somewhere as Greg said he would begin working on fixing it, so the next version should have compatibility if it is not in already.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• It should, but I think it got glitched somewhere as Greg said he would begin working on fixing it, so the next version should have compatibility if it is not in already.

Thank you so much for the reply! I hope it was something minor. I did read something about crashers and whatnot. I just really want the iridium ore and the silk touch electic miner. Also every machine is always welcome :D

• Official Post

I have a personal request. As you know Greg, my name is on the capelist. I know its unlikely, but would you be willing to compile the latest version without my name on that list? Because on my singleplayer games, I prefer to use Denoflions HD Capes and Skins mod. Your capes override his. If you compiled this special version just for me, I would be very grateful.

I can add a Config to turn Capes OFF.

It should, but I think it got glitched somewhere as Greg said he would begin working on fixing it, so the next version should have compatibility if it is not in already.

Thank you so much for the reply! I hope it was something minor. I did read something about crashers and whatnot. I just really want the iridium ore and the silk touch electic miner. Also every machine is always welcome :D

I should make clear that just some of the new Dusts of it were missing on my List. If something Ore releated of some Mod is missing on my List, then it will tell you in the Log.

• Your addon looks quite interesting. BUT

The documentation is rather incomplete. I only found a wiki page with the new machines and their recipes. The modified recipes I can only get through NEI. I don't know my IC any more. I spend hours of trying to figure out how to get started and still don't know which path to take. A tech-tree would be most awesome. Or at least some hints on how to get started or with what intention you changed some of the recipes.

[EDIT]
    What I am looking for right now: How to get to the BC Quarry or the miner.
    Booth require a drill.
    A drill requires steel.
    Steel requires either a blast furnace or an industrial blast furnace.

The first requires me to go to the nether to get magma cream.
    The second one requires me to go to the end to get sheldonite ore macarate it into platinum in order to get nickel to craft the heating coil. The other way would be to grind up tons of iridium ore to get the required platinum.

This means that I am much much faster with building a frame quarry, which already takes quite some time! Mining by hand is very very tedious. Automining should not be end game content. Am I missing something?
    [/EDIT]

• Official Post

The second one requires me to go to the end to get sheldonite ore macarate it into platinum in order to get nickel to craft the heating coil. The other way would be to grind up tons of iridium ore to get the required platinum.

Uhhm what? You can get Nickel from centrifuging Copper Dust. Why the fuck dont you look at the OTHER Recipes for that Material? You can get it via crafting 4 tiny Piles of Nickel Dust into a regular Pile.

Achievement System is planned. And it will get saved PROPERLY unlike all those resetting ones.

• I think that automated quarry should be end game content, because this is minecraft. If you get rid of that, you get crafting only (aka creative mode).

• My question is, why do I have rarely generated resources. 2 hours playing on the new map, found only 10 pieces. In what could be the problem?

• Its a seed problem. Try another. I get one that have a lot of resources. So, its not a bug.

And created a fifth card, and all the same! No new resources that supplement. I can even give the address of the test server.

• Depends what those rare ores are. If you are talking about iridium then ten in two hours is way more than you should be getting.

• Hey GT.

Another possible suggestion for you. Do you at all link in with the dungeon loot stuff? If so couldn't you add a few random rare items to chests? Would be a pretty neat find and anything that promotes exploring is awesome in my book :)

• Official Post

Hey GT.

Another possible suggestion for you. Do you at all link in with the dungeon loot stuff? If so couldn't you add a few random rare items to chests? Would be a pretty neat find and anything that promotes exploring is awesome in my book :)

Dungeon Loot has already all the needed Stuff. But I plan to make some better Industrial Ruins.

• Can you register Aluminium Ingot also as "aluminum" in Ore Dictionary? It will allow use it in XyCraft and Thaumcraft 3.

• Uhhm what? You can get Nickel from centrifuging Copper Dust. Why the fuck dont you look at the OTHER Recipes for that Material? You can get it via crafting 4 tiny Piles of Nickel Dust into a regular Pile.

Achievement System is planned. And it will get saved PROPERLY unlike all those resetting ones.

Hmmm. Interesting. I was using NEI to lookup the recipes. The only source of nickel is there nickel dust. Nickel dust only shows up in combination with iridium ore or platinum dust. The Industrial Centrifuge Page of NEI only shows 1/1 Pages. Odd. Is there another plugin I need for that?

I really like the idea with the achivement system. After googleing for 2hours i did not find the centrifuge recipes. Maybe I am blind or something but I only found the wiki page with the recipes, which does not contain the dust sources.

• Hmmm. Interesting. I was using NEI to lookup the recipes. The only source of nickel is there nickel dust. Nickel dust only shows up in combination with iridium ore or platinum dust. The Industrial Centrifuge Page of NEI only shows 1/1 Pages. Odd. Is there another plugin I need for that?

I really like the idea with the achivement system. After googleing for 2hours i did not find the centrifuge recipes. Maybe I am blind or something but I only found the wiki page with the recipes, which does not contain the dust sources.

Centrifuging Copper Dust gives you tiny piles of Nickel dust, I think all the tiny pile dusts are hidden in NEI, try to search the recipe of Nickel dust and then to the recipe of tiny pile of nickel dust in NEI..

Try the GregTech Computer Cube (on creative/test world), it gives you all kind of recipes there..

• Greg noticed something that's missing, you got Iridium reinforced stone but you lack a Iridium reinforced door ;)

Yes! Please!!

I think that automated quarry should be end game content, because this is minecraft. If you get rid of that, you get crafting only (aka creative mode).

Not exactly. You still have to properly setup the quarry and maintain it(fuel <- oil refining/bio farm <- supply systems). You also have to build a sorting system. Those are parts I enjoy. But since I am working from time to time I do not have the time to go mining for like 4 hours. Be eh, now that greg did tip me of to the right sources of Nickel it's acceptable. I still have to go to the Nether, but only to get some glow stone for the Industrial Centrifuge, which does not require steel in any way. *phew*

• Official Post

Can you register Aluminium Ingot also as "aluminum" in Ore Dictionary? It will allow use it in XyCraft and Thaumcraft 3.

No, I wont register it under that Name.
    1. It's spelled wrong.
    2. It doesn't follow any of the Oredictionary-Conventions.
    3. Thats a clumb and not an Ingot.
    4. Maceration of it into Aluminium Dust is enough.

@Machine Casing: Tried to set it up like shown in its GUI?