[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• can somebody tell me what multistructur i need fot the industrial sawmill?
    i can't find the right setup :(

Edit: is it possible to get this information in the computer cube in the next update? *friendly ask* :)

It's shown in the GUI of the machine(industrial sawmill), hint: left side..

• From my reading here, there and everywhere, I am fairly certain that Greg is a troll of epic proportions not only does he troll well he makes you WANT to be trolled because the trolling methods are involved with things that are fun to play with. Personally I find this absolutely hilarious, keep up the good work :D

• hmm im bored right now so just to have a little fun could an option be added in the con-fig file for insanely super hard crafting recipes ? basicly multiplys the crafting cost of every thing including uum recipes by a power of 10 or more? my friends are obsessed with making some sort of ultimate factory on my small server so i want to mess with them and set it so every thing costs and arm and both their legs just to make 1 simple machine. we currently run on the current hard mode option you offer but it would be funny to have an even harder option to set. :D

• Official Post

hmm im bored right now so just to have a little fun could an option be added in the con-fig file for insanely super hard crafting recipes ? basicly multiplys the crafting cost of every thing including uum recipes by a power of 10 or more? my friends are obsessed with making some sort of ultimate factory on my small server so i want to mess with them and set it so every thing costs and arm and both their legs just to make 1 simple machine. we currently run on the current hard mode option you offer but it would be funny to have an even harder option to set. :D

With hard mode you would achieve your ultimate factory in about a month or more, you want to spend a whole year for that =P ?

• With hard mode you would achieve your ultimate factory in about a month or more, you want to spend a whole year for that =P ?

oh i not really a part of that project i really dont build much since im the owner/admin.. its just too tempting to spawn my self the items in being im op so i play on another server as a regular player. i just want to see them nearly die when they see how much more it will take to make things. ;)

• Official Post

Greg, I spoke to king_lemming earlier about why there was no recipes for pulverizing your ores, but there were recipes for rock crushing your ores and apparently you are adding them to railcraft through api, but not to thermal expansion. could you please include your ores in thermal expansion for pulverizing, thank you.

Ooops, forgot about that. That could take a while as I have to add the byproducts for each non-Thermal-Expansion-Supported Ore.

Greg, can you make your superconductors and your Helium coolant cells useable on the crafting of Gravisuit ?

Ask Sentimel, why he doesnt support my Superconductors. He registered his ones in the Oredict, but doesnt use that Entry.

oh i not really a part of that project i really dont build much since im the owner/admin.. its just too tempting to spawn my self the items in being im op so i play on another server as a regular player. i just want to see them nearly die when they see how much more it will take to make things. ;)

Lol, with ethopian speed you would take less than a Month. :D

• I should find a way to inform Etho that the server is actually running a mod which makes stuff harder.

Slowpoke has been trying to contact Guude to get GregTech disabled, and inform him of the possibility of the beta map even being incompatible with the final modpack.

• RichardG as much as I respect you and the IC2 team, give the bash war a rest. Makes you look like a low life for attacking someone, especially a modder for making a addon mod to IC2. If you didn't want people making addon mods for IC2 why in the blazes did you release the API or code?

• Oh please... FTB is not even up to date.. post it in FTB forum for GOD sake..

EDIT: OK, Help ya with posting it in GregTech debate thread in FTB, good luck..

• Official Post

I will contact Slowpoke with a very simple solution: Making just 2 Packs (The FTB-Launcher is suited for more than one Pack), one Version with GregTech and one without (or with the easy Config).

And Richard: Etho disliked Mods before, because they all were making things way too easy, so if the only really difficult/complex Mod inside the FTB-Pack vanishs, do you think Etho would like to keep it happyly running with Modded Minecraft? I dont think so (unless Redpower gets released).

• r

I will contact Slopoke with a very simple solution: Making just 2 Packs (The FTB-Launcher is suited for more than one Pack), one Version with GregTech and one without (or with the easy Config).

And Richard: Etho disliked Mods before, because they all were making things way too easy, so if the only really difficult/complex Mod inside the FTB-Pack vanishs, do you think Etho would like to keep it happyly running with Modded Minecraft? I dont think so (unless Redpower gets released).

That would be a sensible thing to do anyway. Making dramatic changes to the pack after people have put so much work into things that could then be removed could really annoy people. It would annoy me for sure.

• I love this mod because of the difficulty it adds.

I've made an observation about your machines, and I'm wondering if they're supposed to do this:

I noticed that they don't keep the progress of their operation when they loose power, thus if you feed a small stream of power into one of them (I've tested with the sawmill and blast furnace) they will just continuously eat power without progressing.

I found this out because I had my sawmill connected directly to my other machines and batbox, and the batbox was continously being drained as the generator was charging it but the sawmill didn't do anything.

I have no idea if this is intentional or not, but it's a bit annoying since I had to cut the wire to the sawmill, let the batbox build up the required energy to complete the process, then connect it again to the sawmill could finish the wood it was trying to process.

I also just tested with the industrial electolyzer and it suffers from the same problem. This means you have to be really careful when having them connected to a storage device that charges slowly, because as soon as the charge dips below what it needs for the process it's working on it will just eat power without doing anything.

There are a bunch of scenarios that would cause it to stop and just eat power. And you would either have to remove the machine and replace it, or cut the power to it in some way and let your storage charge up to fix it.

• Official Post

I noticed that they don't keep the progress of their operation when they loose power, thus if you feed a small stream of power into one of them (I've tested with the sawmill and blast furnace) they will just continuously eat power without progressing.

Like intended (also Electrolyzer and Centrifuge). There is a Config to turn that special behaviour OFF under "Features". Also this is mentioned in the Q/A.

I did that to let people make proper Workshops without stuttering Machines, otherwise there would be no reason to have a large Energy generation going except for Massfabrication.

• yeah it happens a lot, it's a very good idea to keep a batpack or lappack on you. I had my MFE's run low on me a few times and luckily for me I had several extra lithium packs so I tossed those into the MFE drain slot.