[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Quoting is broken for me AGAIN, so here's my attempt at manual quoting.

Quote from GregoriusT

So a major Buff to Massfabrication itself? Its not ment to be used en mass. At least not that Way.

I would like if there was a lower-tier mass fab that makes only mundane items, even if it requires catalyst. Unless you intended people to use matter fabs ONLY for iridium and for ridiculously expensive stuff? (Like the ender pearls or emeralds you need for a fusion reactor)
    It would be higher tech than the matter fab, but cheaper to run.

Or maybe a duplicator, something like the one in Thaumcraft 1 or 2. Put any duplicatable item in, say redstone, and feed it scrap and energy. Then it uses 666,666 EU and 132 scrap to make 24 redstone, as if you'd used the IC2 mass fab.
    That actually doesn't seem like much EU, so maybe 4 million (equivalent to IC2 MF without scrap, but still requiring scrap, and way less than the matter fab).

Quote from GregoriusT

Then make the Circuitry with Platinum. That's also a possible Way to not waste Iridium.

Platinum can't be obtained without opening tens of thousands of scrapboxes, mining in the End, mining iridium ore, or installing additional mods. I agree with Almanorek here.

Quote from GregoriusT

More uses and Tools/Armor, yes. Your Suggestion for a replacement of Iridium, no.

Partially agree with Almanorek - this would be a nice use of aluminium, but it might not make sense for things like data control circuits... although it's really just holding together some tier 3 and 4 circuits, so it could work.

Quote from GregoriusT

Sorry but denied before. Use them as Decoration, they wont Lag! :D

Agree with Greg, only the advanced ones are expensive enough to justify reusing them, and there's nothing to upgrade them to.
    Maybe a reinforced one could be smelted into 1 or 2 steel, but there's really no point.

Quote from GregoriusT

Recycling is already a bit OP. Increasing the Efficiency I wont. ~Yoda

Actually, that would take 8 times as much EU as a normal recycler, but produce twice the scrap on average. What if the scrap was the same? (8 scrap per stack)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Error to report. The industrial electrolyzer WILL eat all stored energy in an energy storage unit (in my case MFE) if it doesn't explicitly receive the input voltage it's requesting. In my case I was attempting to electrolyze some bauxite dust with 3 other machines in-line before the electrolyzer running. I had over 400k EU stored in the MFE. The electrolyzer sucked the MFE dry and did not complete its recipe. (Long time lurker finally decided to register).

Completely intended. If the electrolyzer's internal storage (which isn't very big) gets completely empty, it restarts the operation. Same for the industrial sawmill, implosion compressor, industrial grinder and industrial blast furnace.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Completely intended. If the electrolyzer's internal storage (which isn't very big) gets completely empty, it restarts the operation. Same for the industrial sawmill, implosion compressor, industrial grinder and industrial blast furnace.

Code
    features {
        B:ConstantEnergyMachine=false
    }

This line in config can fix this "error".

• Thanks for the explanation on operation restart immibis. Wasn't aware that was how the new machines functioned (as no other machine in any of the fifty-three mods I run does that). Also thanks to the blunt and terse responses from the other two folks that responded.

EDIT: Thank you also mistaqur for the configuration pin-point.

• i like the mod for it finnaly gives you a reason to go to the end aside for ender pearls. really tempted to use a jet pack to go live on a asteroid in the end now since they spawn well out side the island.

• I'd really like some additional uses for the various almost-useless cells you get from Centrifuging. 70% of the Element Cells you get from processing basic materials results is a large quantity of cells whose only real purpose is being extracted to get the cell back.
    An example would be crafting 3 water buckets with 6 Deuterium Cells to create 6 Heavy Water Cells (returns the buckets), which can be used as either a Coolant and/or to prolong the life of Uranium in a Nuclear Reactor (An actual use).
    Also, the use of Thorium Cells in a gaslamp-like light source (Gas Mantle. Actual use, actual item.) and the ability to procure Thorium by removing the MFFS recipe of obtaining Forcicium from macerating (smelting works just fine for getting forcicium) Monazite and replace with Monazite dust that can be centrifugated for Thorium Cells (Actual use).
    Another dull self-powering lightsource could be made using Tritium Cells (BetaLights. Another actual item.), one that lights up on contact with an entity like Redstone Ore but lasts longer. An almost-flat item that can be slapped onto any surface like a lever. It could also be used in a cheaper recipe for a Luminator or as a way to craft Glowstone Dust.
    As for Aluminium uses, it should use possible to use it to craft Empty Gas Cans (Actual use) as well as Cans (Forestry ones).

I'd also suggest a Diesel Generator, an advanced version of a basic generator using 1 Generator, 2 Empty Gas Cans, 4 Aluminium Ingots and 2 Pistons. Requires 1 Bucket/Can/Capsule of BuildCraft Oil or RailCraft's Creosote Oil to fill the oil tank which is depleted slowly. The fuel tank can be supplied with Forestry Biofuel or BuildCraft Fuel by any form of containment unit and can also take fuel from any Filled Fuel Cans and/or BuildCraft pipes. Effectively works similar to a generator on Hydrogen/lithium/methane cells, but it outputs more power in a shorter time at a higher amount such as 30 EU/t. Surpassing a Geothermal Generator's output but not quite reaching MV. Good as a temporary measure, but too difficult to sustain permanently.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• the sensor included with gregtech what does it get used on? it tried it on the energy storage but it did nothing i have the reactor control mod for it. just no clue what machine it works with

• O_o what texture pack are you using?

• Make Refined Iron be replaceable with aluminium because later I have tons of aluminium and no Iron so I have to constantly go mining for iron.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Make Refined Iron be replaceable with aluminium because later I have tons of aluminium and no Iron so I have to constantly go mining for iron.

We're talking about it for ages ... and guess what ? This already done for a few things (machine, circuits ...)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• We're talking about it for ages ... and guess what ? This already done for a few things (machine, circuits ...)

I'm still on IC2 v1.109.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Agree with Greg, only the advanced ones are expensive enough to justify reusing them, and there's nothing to upgrade them to.
    Maybe a reinforced one could be smelted into 1 or 2 steel, but there's really no point.

Why not making them able too increase generator efficienty ? Aluminum one could improve Fuel efficiency [+20% per block] (while decreasing output [-15% per block]) and reinforced one could makes the generator output more EU/t [+20% per block] :) (This would be only available for Basic Generator, + compatibility with addons addings new fuel-based generator).
    Of course, there would be a maximum of 6 per generator.

Edit: what about creating a new slot for generator allowing using Compressed Air cells to boost up the Efficienty/Fuel (+25% EU/Fuel, during 50 sec - 1000 tick)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

the sensor included with gregtech what does it get used on? it tried it on the energy storage but it did nothing i have the reactor control mod for it. just no clue what machine it works with

Quantum Chest
    Quantum Tank
    Centrifuge
    Electrolyzer
    Grinder
    Implosion Compressor
    Sawmill
    Blast Furnace

Get sphax if you want to be swarmed by pentagons.

Sphax kinda reminds me on the good old game Boulder Dash. I guess that's, why its called Pure-BD.

• Glimmar's Steampunk will have gregtech support soon.
    Sphax is nice, but whoever did the mod support for the Extra Biomes did a crap job.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"