[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Greg, have you considered nerfing liquid containers capacity?
    Would be nice to have either cell, can and capsule capacity reduced to 0.250 of bucket, or stacking of them reduced to 16 items.

Don't nerf capsules from Forestry because they are single-use. And reducing capacity of cans from IC2 bad idea (need rebalance all recipes that use them).

• Official Post

Can i use machine casing for decorating or its lagging enough?

Yes, decoration is possible. Except for the connected Textures you have not more Lag, than with a Cobblestone.

Don't nerf capsules from Forestry because they are single-use. And reducing capacity of cans from IC2 bad idea (need rebalance all recipes that use them).

And why should I nerf Capsule Cell Containers stackability? Not only that it would ruin some of MY Recipes, doing it the 0.250-Way would also require a massive overhaul of the Empty Cell Code. Thats definetly denied.

As you have planned to add methane and other stuff as liquids...
    Although i know you don't like BuildCrash (as you call it) much... many people do use it, for other mods like RC and TE. GT integration also would be nice.
    Also newest Thermal expansion has liquiducts, a very nice liquid tubing, better than BC ones.

Suggestion for Liquids :
    Allow Translocators/Buffers to move liquids (Gui option to move only liquids), make all GT machinery which uses water/lava (or any other liquid) have internal liquid tank,
    New Generator : Liquid fuel generator, which effectively burns any (compatible) liquid that goes in it , with a nice output of 100 EU/t.

That was already on my List. I make diffrent Generators for diffrent Fuels, for example Diesel Generator for the yellow BC-Fuel, the IC²-Coalfuel Cells and the orange Forestry Biofuel. After doing that, I will very likely remove some of the Cell->Fuelcan Recipes. When using IC²-Cells for fueling them you get the empty Cells back, while any other Cells (from Forestry) will cause a waste of Tin.

When using IC²-Fuel Cans you will get a small Bonus (20% or 25%).

• Can you add ability to stack items in slots for empty cells and container items in craftingtable? Currently after each operation it's fill only empty slots.

• Quick (NOT) Suggestion:

We should be able to customize nukes by rightclicking on them with an omnitool. This should open a nukeGUI that has a few (around 18) slots in it. By placing certain cells in it, we could add to it's capabilities. By adding helium-3 cells, the blast radius should decrease by 5 for each cell added. For tritium cells, The blast radius should grow by 5 per cell. By adding plutonium cells, the radiation damage should grow larger but the blast would grow smaller, and uranium cells would decrease the radiation damage and increase the blast radius. The GUI should not be able to open when the nuke is lit.

• Official Post

Have you got a suggestion what I could use all my Biofuel Cells For? I have actually got a copperchest filled with them, and still don't know what to do with them later!

Dont worry, I'm currently coding on my Diesel Generator (Searching for good Fuel Values of BC-Fuel right now), Biofuel Cells, Coalfuel Cells and Fuelcans get a 25%-Bonus in that Generator and you always get the empty Cells back.

• I was just about to post a suggestion for that. My original suggestion was for a Singularity Storage Uint or SSU. This device could store 10 billion eu. But at the time I could not think of specical abilities for it. All Greg tech storage systems have specical abilities, like the Aesu has a adjustable output. So then I thought of this idea: you could assign machines numbers or something like that. Then you could click on the GUI of the SSU and say that it will only output power to machines with the assigned number. There would be no cables connecting to 2 devices. However because the energy flows through the air basically there would be a limit for amount of blocks it could travel. The setup would be similar to wireless redstone.

• I was wondering what is the suggested fuel we should be using these days. let me run some down in my head.

Lava: Painful overworld, Cheap Nether
    Solar: A bit cheap even the recipe being a bit more annoying its not that hard and I'm so sick of solar
    Wind/Water: As far as I know this is just a waste since of the space it takes and etc. Solar was okay because of the mods that compact it.
    Nuclear: This one seems to be the only semi viable one though at times not worth the EU/t or waste. You gotta really be an active miner.

This fuel generator does sound neat if it can actually run on BC fuel as well and not to taxing. Right now even with the certain mods fuel does not born that efficiently.

So I was wondering if anyone had some power production tips maybe get away from Geo/Solar and actually still be able to mass produce power.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Forestry hax machines + regular generator?

• Bit confused on what you mean by Forestry Hax machines. I don't really touch forestry much but the farms.

Well the Forestry farms that can run on a single Stirling Engine? (EthoCorp Ep. 7, Etho ran a treefarm using 1 stirling engine only)/

• Well the Forestry farms that can run on a single Stirling Engine? (EthoCorp Ep. 7, Etho ran a treefarm using 1 stirling engine only)/

Well this was more about running a Matter Fabicator and all of the machines in GT including a massive Logi Pipes Array I want to power. Without having to be stuck going back to geo/solar like always.

• New Generator : Liquid fuel generator, which effectively burns any (compatible) liquid that goes in it , with a nice output of 100 EU/t.

DrCeph already does a mod about that. Don't copy its own current feature please, I like his addon, I would like you not to kill its coming features by replacing the first one (following on the list are mostly concerning IC² refinnery). Except if you do something better than him ^^.

Solar: A bit cheap even the recipe being a bit more annoying its not that hard and I'm so sick of solar

Solar Pannels aren't that cheap by themselves, the problem comes to me from Advanced Solar Pannels, wich makes the Advanced Solar Pannel insanely cheap.

Lava: Painful overworld, Cheap Nether

Cheap in the nether, I agree. It's just balanced overworld to me. The problem with the nether comes for RC: you can use Lava Lakes as an infinite energy source ... without living in the nether, wich is pretty annoying.

Nuclear: This one seems to be the only semi viable one though at times not worth the EU/t or waste. You gotta really be an active miner.

Yep. That's why it's interesting. It's a good energy source, but you've to mine always moren that fit with MC.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• DrCeph already does a mod about that. Don't copy its own current feature please, I like his addon, I would like you not to kill its coming features by replacing the first one (following on the list are mostly concerning IC² refinnery). Except if you do something better than him ^^.

You can look at it from another angle as well and hope that DrCeph is the one that can one-up whatever Greg implementats. Either way it's win-win for end users :)

• Official Post

You can look at it from another angle as well and hope that DrCeph is the one that can one-up whatever Greg implementats. Either way it's win-win for end users :)

My Diesel Generator has a fixed output of 8EU/t and runs on:
    Forestry Biofuel (same as its Biogenerator, 32EU per MilliBucket)
    BC-Fuel (96EU per MilliBucket as it's 3 times more effective as Forestry Biofuel)
    IC2-FuelCans and FuelCells with a 25% Bonus in comparsion to the regular Generator
    Any Liquid got from Coalfuel Cells or Biofuel Cells (the new Crossover Mod adds these, not me) with an additional Bonus.

It doesnt run on Biomass, Lava or Oil, don't try it, the internal Tank doesn't even accept those (Tested with the awesome Liquid Tank of Thermal Expansion).

• Forestry Biofuel (same as its Biogenerator, 32EU per MilliBucket)

Lol, forestry is already OP in itself, no need to add any converter ... ^^. But, at 8EU/t, this is not what I would call OP ^^

My Diesel Generator has a fixed output of 8EU/t and runs on:

... So it's worst than ... the regular one ? At least it makes the DrCeph addon useful ^^

BC-Fuel (96EU per MilliBucket as it's 3 times more effective as Forestry Biofuel)

So 100 000 EU ? See the Petroleum generator thread, I've already discussed about it with DrCeph ...

IC2-FuelCans and FuelCells with a 25% Bonus in comparsion to the regular Generator

That's the interesting point. FuelCans means ANY fuel can, right ? So I can do it with your own Methane ? Great :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• You guys think Energy Crystal should be able to be made via dust as well? It almost seems like you infuse both diamond/redstone together. Maybe I'm just crazy. I tend to have a lot of dust ;)

• Lol, forestry is already OP in itself, no need to add any converter ... ^^. But, at 8EU/t, this is not what I would call OP ^^

... So it's worst than ... the regular one ? At least it makes the DrCeph addon useful ^^

So 100 000 EU ? See the Petroleum generator thread, I've already discussed about it with DrCeph ...

So your conclusion basically boils down to "your mod gives me less EU per unit of fuel, therefore it's bad"?

Though I wouldn't have minded seeing the fuel generator giving out higher EU than plain-old generator. Alternatively a way to boost the speed of the fuel generator would be a nice thing to have.