[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Hey greg just thought of something, there aren't many uses for carbon cells, why not make it so you can extract oil from it? or even compress the carbon in a compressor to turn it into diamonds or even coal? Or even make it an alternative to coal dust to turn into carbon fiber.

• Hey greg just thought of something, there aren't many uses for carbon cells, why not make it so you can extract oil from it? or even compress the carbon in a compressor to turn it into diamonds or even coal? Or even make it an alternative to coal dust to turn into carbon fiber.

Actually you can use 9 carbon cells to make carbon fibre, and you will get the empty cells back if you use his electrical crafting engine :thumbup:

• I think it's intended because this device is Tier 1 (can be charged in Batbox).

This information seems incorrect. If the item can't be charged in a batbox in order to be powered by a lithium batpack, then why does the Rockcutter get powered by it (can be powered in batbox) and the Advanced Diamond Drill not (can't be powered in batbox). The Diamond Drill (regular IC2) can be powered by lithium batpack apparently. Very confusing.

• Quick curious question by the way - What real-life chemical is the GregTech compositions for Ender Pearl/Ender Eye Dust closest to? I'm intrigued :) I know very little about real-world applications of Beryllium, so I couldn't make a guess myself.

• I don't know if I'm missing something, but the small and large electric buffer's wrench and placement behavior seems to be inverted, as in I will place them and its output side will face directly opposite of me, and shift clicking with a wrench makes it do what a wrench when not shift clicked normally does.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• This information seems incorrect. If the item can't be charged in a batbox in order to be powered by a lithium batpack, then why does the Rockcutter get powered by it (can be powered in batbox) and the Advanced Diamond Drill not (can't be powered in batbox). The Diamond Drill (regular IC2) can be powered by lithium batpack apparently. Very confusing.

All items can only be charged by other items of the same tier or higher. What he was referring to that could be charged in the BatBox is the Li-batpack.

Tier 1 Item --> Tools: Diamond Drill, Rockcutter, etc. Battery packs: Batpack, Li-batpack. Storage devices: BatBox.
    Tier 2 Item --> Tools: Mining Laser, OV Scanner, Adv. Diamond Drill, etc. Battery packs: Lapotron-pack, Lappack. Storage devices: MFE.
    Tier 3 Item --> Tools: Vajra. Battery packs: Ultimate Lappack, Lapotron-batpack. Storage devices: MFSU.
    Tier 4 Item --> Tools: ?. Battery packs: ?. Storage devices: AESU, IDESU
    Tier 5 Item --> Tools: ?. Battery packs: ?. Storage devices Charge-O-Mat

• Could you at least make it so that it says what block the color is indicating by mousing over it?

Unlike you and many others, some noobs are dumbasses and can't figure it out.

White = standard machine casing, no surprises there
    Black = reinforced machine casing, no surprises there
    Green = machine itself, seems logical enough
    EDIT: Forgot about Blue = water, pretty logical
    EDIT2: Forgot once again that Red = lava, given that it is a Blast Furnace based upon heat, seems super logical

Is there something you are not understanding about this?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• White = standard machine casing, no surprises there
    Black = reinforced machine casing, no surprises there
    Green = machine itself, seems logical enough
    EDIT: Forgot about Blue = water, pretty logical
    EDIT2: Forgot once again that Red = lava, given that it is a Blast Furnace based upon heat, seems super logical

Is there something you are not understanding about this?

1: yeah...
    2: No surprises? *facebrick*
    3: To some extent...
    4 and 5: Wait, there are water/lava blocks you can place in gregtech?

I shouldn't even be on this planet...

• Recently downloaded this mod (thought it looked cool), correctly installed it (I think. Was said to be just drop it in mods folder), then went off to play for a day of testing out all of the new items and machines. However, upon entering my world, I found that I can't use anything from greg-tech. My MC doesn't crash or anything, and Forge even says the mod is correctly downloaded and active, but I can't build anything in the mod or even spawn it in. Running the latest version.

Feeling confused. :?:

• Recently downloaded this mod (thought it looked cool), correctly installed it (I think. Was said to be just drop it in mods folder), then went off to play for a day of testing out all of the new items and machines. However, upon entering my world, I found that I can't use anything from greg-tech. My MC doesn't crash or anything, and Forge even says the mod is correctly downloaded and active, but I can't build anything in the mod or even spawn it in. Running the latest version.

Feeling confused. :?:

Which versions of GregTech and IC2 are you running?

• Still able to use crafting table to make Mixed Metal ingots even though requiring rolling machine is true in the config with 2.61b.

Also, still able to craft steel blocks in crafting table with either GT or RC steel, and only GT steel is able to be compressed into blocks.

• The various new ways to produce methane seem rather underpowered, compared to wood and sugar cane...
    250 seconds for all plants seems like too much to me, and it seems like it would be far more effective to simply use good old sugar and charcoal, but when I do the math it seems like the hydrogen requirements actually makes the two about the same to each other, comparatively.

Can someone else confirm this?

• All items can only be charged by other items of the same tier or higher. What he was referring to that could be charged in the BatBox is the Li-batpack.

Tier 1 Item --> Tools: Diamond Drill, Rockcutter, etc. Battery packs: Batpack, Li-batpack. Storage devices: BatBox.
    Tier 2 Item --> Tools: Mining Laser, OV Scanner, Adv. Diamond Drill, etc. Battery packs: Lapotron-pack, Lappack. Storage devices: MFE.
    Tier 3 Item --> Tools: Vajra. Battery packs: Ultimate Lappack, Lapotron-batpack. Storage devices: MFSU.
    Tier 4 Item --> Tools: ?. Battery packs: ?. Storage devices: AESU, IDESU
    Tier 5 Item --> Tools: ?. Battery packs: ?. Storage devices Charge-O-Mat

Does not matter its broken that a Tier 2 MV, Mining Laser requires a so called Tier 1 Bat but can't work with Tier 1 :P It's just confusing and makes sense. Lithium is for sure a MV pack ;) If not then it needs to be corrected to make a bit more sense.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• RP2 Is out. I wonder how fast till we can nerf frames. Since they are beyond OPed I expect at least we go to space and gather materials for it ;) No seriously though I'm going to chime in and say I feel that its one the most over powered machines :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Ye. Has greg nerfed the hell out of turtles yet? They're way too op as well. Avoiding gregtech until the turtles are nerfed to the ground where they belong. A simple recipe change won't cut it tho, needs something more drastic like a removal from the server, but that won't happen. We have way too much control over the turtles. Maybe greg could make it so you can only run certain greg approved scripts? That would be cool.