[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Dont worry, Nitrogen will get a bit more complex next time. Compressing Air -> Turbines is also very Fun, but you only get 200EU per Cell, so it's worse than a Watermill with 500EU (and since its made of 2 Windmills its even more expensive), I will maybe use Air as an amplifier for Gas Turbines and Diesel Generators.

But remember that you're getting the equivalent of 16 watermills from one turbine, AND you don't have to worry about dealing with buckets. :P

Its use as an amplifier sounds much more appropriate, certainly, and I'm looking forward to both that and the complexities you have planned for nitrogen.

• I vote for doing it. I am one of the few who enjoy a challenge and think every action should come with a cost or something. A chunk eraser is a tad excessive when you think of servers and the current cost of the frame designs. As always though, a config option helps those who complain.

I've been trying to get steve's carts to get a config option to adjust the operation cost but he refuses to. I think a top tier drill refilling itself with the coal it finds so you don't have to refuel it is a tad much. I know the cost of it is a lot, but once you get it, creative mode activate.

He's free to do what he wants, so long as he doesn't touch the coding. I'll just disable it either way. I'm only interested in Greg's original machines. I play on a server that has some of the harder recipes enabled. Honestly, I don't see the reward or benefit from playing harder, whatevers. From what I gather, she plans to have to use tungsten steel or thing like that for the deployers and block breakers.

However, The only one I leave one is the quarry.

• While fixing my Project Setup for 1.4.6 I stumbled upon an useful Information. If you want to instant dry your CFoam Wall, then just rightclick it with Sand! (I already added that to the Wiki)

I don't get it. You didn't knew that ? ^^. At first I thought you added it ... what would have been redundant --'

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I vote for doing it. I am one of the few who enjoy a challenge and think every action should come with a cost or something. A chunk eraser is a tad excessive when you think of servers and the current cost of the frame designs. As always though, a config option helps those who complain.

I've been trying to get steve's carts to get a config option to adjust the operation cost but he refuses to. I think a top tier drill refilling itself with the coal it finds so you don't have to refuel it is a tad much. I know the cost of it is a lot, but once you get it, creative mode activate.

There's a big difference between 'enjoy a challenge' and 'arbitrarily harder'. If you wanted to make the game 'extremely challenging', stone tools could be reduced to 4 durability. Energy crystals could require diamond blocks. EU produced by all generators could be reduced by 90%. But there's no point to that. Additional challenge needs to serve a purpose. Seeing how easy it is to get the hydrogen isotopes, I'm almost okay with how expensive the fusion reactor is (though getting the materials is decidedly unfun) because it is a very powerful machine, but an important thing about block breakers is that they don't let you do anything you couldn't do before, and they require frames to be used properly. RedPower has a lot of mental overhead compared to other mods, that I think justifies the cost of the machines.

• While fixing my Project Setup for 1.4.6 I stumbled upon an useful Information. If you want to instant dry your CFoam Wall, then just rightclick it with Sand! (I already added that to the Wiki)

If you watched every youtube video I made its in one of them :P But yeah lol. Makes life easy on touch ups and such.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That's already possible. The only missing thing is Redpower for 1.4.5. :D

V2.61c:
    Added Liquids for all my Cells except Carbon
    Electric Autocrafting is now only 2500EU per Craft (500EU for Dustpiler and Unificator)
    I think I fixed the Computercube-Access of the GUI for SMP (you know that internal Server Error, when you open the GUI of a ComputerCube, which doesnt belong to you)

sweet thanks greg!

also how do i get the new liquids?

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

Edited once, last by JamaicanSoup: i didnt want to make two posts ().

• Before we change any recipes from RP, we need to hear what RichardG thinks about it (Pretending he likes gregtech and cares at all)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Greg, I'm kind of surprised you haven't released the update. These mods beat you to it :

Are you running into problems with compiling the new update? I've heard there's a few small changes that require code changes.

• The next lock may be the last

Changing a recipe is not changing another mod in any way. It is simply editing data that both mods have access to in the vanilla game. There is no legitimate complaint that any modders have with regards to this. If Greg decided that buildcraft, computercraft, and half of IC2 were grossly OP and he decided to block crafting any item from any mod if Gregtech is installed, he has the freedom to do that. You have the freedom to not download and install it.

• There is no legitimate complaint that any modders have with regards to this.

Except that there totally is, remember XyCraft?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Right. The reason Greg backed down on Xytech is because he was told his change would make the game easier, not nerf xytech. Greg can't have that, so he reverted the change.

I'm sure when and if Xytech has a release he'll make sure to give it a few swings with the nerf bat.

• Right. The reason Greg backed down on Xytech is because he was told his change would make the game easier, not nerf xytech. Greg can't have that, so he reverted the change.

I'm sure when and if Xytech has a release he'll make sure to give it a few swings with the nerf bat.

There's no nerf or anything, because XyCraft was not released by that time (and not even now) and the latest version of GregTech you could get by that time didn't give any compatibility directly, you need the password (which only Greg knew) to get compatibility..

• Even if its not a legit change, there would be complaint, in then which RichardG would step in.

Edit:Besides, you would need Elo's permission to have compatibility, as chickenbones did with NEI and Wireless redstone.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

Edited once, last by CrafterofMany ().