[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Edit:Besides, you would need Elo's permission to have compatibility, as chickenbones did with NEI and Wireless redstone.

Not really. CB needed access to RP2 internals to make NEI work, Greg doesn't

Also, any plans to update the infinite water thingy?

• Even if its not a legit change, there would be complaint, in then which RichardG would step in.

Edit:Besides, you would need Elo's permission to have compatibility, as chickenbones did with NEI and Wireless redstone.

Not correct. Chickenbones access Elos code directly. Greg does not. He just switches a recipe, if you enable it in the config. I doubt that this is a big deal, even more since it is disabled by default.

And even than Elo would propably ask for a change before anything else, since he does not use her code in anyway. In that case it could be considered rude not to remove the alternative recipies, but maybe she even agrees with an alternative recipe for blockbreakers since there are not only a few people considering blockbreakers too strong and since it is disabled by default it would provide additional challange for people who want it, which means that they will have more fun with redpower, which is a good thing. Since building machines which are large enough that a blockbreaker-nerf would even be noticeable is something that involves a lot of time anyway I doubt that it even matters (which propably is the reason why elo hasn't used a more expensive temporary recipe).

• His complaint wasnt legitimate, as I did nothing.

XyCraft was a special case, because he thought you did it when you did not, although had you actually done it, then I think the complaint would have been entirely legitimate.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

XyCraft was a special case, because he thought you did it when you did not, although had you actually done it, then I think the complaint would have been entirely legitimate.

Not even then, as he published the Items in particular at the OreDictionary, with a valid Naming (no special prefix or so), which basically says, that other Modauthors are free to use said Items, as that's the purpose of the OreDictionary.

• Ok, the new redpower manager sends a redstone signal when it is "satisfied".

This prevents a super-compact autocrafting design using your autocrafting tables from working. In fact, it breaks it totally. The manager needs to be directly attached to your autocrafting table so that it can "manage" the ingredients in it, and you won't get a situation where you have 9 slots full of one resource and none of the other resources.

Please fix this in your next update, it's basically a bug. Either add a gui option to make the autocraft table not care about redstone, or simply remove that feature entirely. (if someone, somewhere, wanted an autocraft table to not autocraft, they could just cut the EU supply to it)

Question : What does the upper gui button do? There's a lighting bolt, and another icon. Does this have to do with whether or not the electric autocrafting table relays power to the blocks attached to it? I was hoping there was an "ignore redstone" option but there is not.

Here's the design I tried to use. Note that this exact design works perfectly with immibis's autocraft table, and it works with buildcraft's one as well (though buildcrash is super annoying because of the risk of dropping items on ground)

While I think the resources needed for the components are a bit pricey, it works unbelievably quick and it's very easy to set up. You can recursively autocraft almost any recipe with this layout (for recipes that return an empty container you have to add a manager on the side of the autocraft table that handles that in order to get rid of those containers)

You have manager(s) at the output side that keeps the output chest(s) full of whatever quantity you want of each product the factory makes.

One limitation on managers : they can't remote pull like retrievers : means that your quantum chest is now very useful.

• Lightning bolt for the power to adjacent block, the other icon is for the item transport to adjacent chest;

I got the same bug, I couldn't seem to fill up all 9 slots of the electric crafting table full of one resource (like carbon cells); the stack at the last slot was always pushed to the adjacent chest thus making the electric buffer useless as it kept on transporting items bypassing the electric crafting table to the next chest.

• Lightning bolt for the power to adjacent block, the other icon is for the item transport to adjacent chest;

I got the same bug, I couldn't seem to fill up all 9 slots of the electric crafting table full of one resource (like carbon cells); the stack at the last slot was always pushed to the adjacent chest thus making the electric buffer useless as it kept on transporting items bypassing the electric crafting table to the next chest.

That is not at all the same bug. My bug is very simple : autocraft STOPS when the table receives a redstone signal. This new block from Eloraam, the manager, solves a massive number of headaches, but it emits redstone signals as part of it's normal operation. Greg needs to make the table either ignore redstone (why on earth would someone want to not autocraft?) or add the redstone ignore option to that gui.

I've never used the electric buffer or other electric transport pipes. As long as redpower continues to work, I suspect they will be rarely used.

• Hey Greg!

Finally I have something to say!

2012-12-22 19:17:58 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustInvar !!!Unknown Dust detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, its just an Information.
    2012-12-22 19:17:58 [INFO] [STDOUT] Ingot Name: ingotInvar !!!Unknown Ingot detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, its just an Information.

The dust is called Invar blend ingame, so I suppose it's from thermocraft 2.1.6.

You have destroyed my brain, man... Yesterday I started a new world in 1.4.6 and spent a whole lot of time looking for diamonds for a macerator... then when I had everything I realized I was playing vanilla IC2 :)

Loved it when you made Sengir cry :D

• Official Post

One limitation on managers : they can't remote pull like retrievers : means that your quantum chest is now very useful.

Then put a Manager on the QuantumChest and you are good to go. Autocrafting + Redstone will be fixed next time.
    The GUI-Button you are referring to is for setting Energyflow and Itemflow (automatic Item output to adjacent Inventories).

A bit awkward, that it doesnt work with the Manager, as its supposed to work with that Device in particular. ^^'

And MrRainbow, I appreciate that you told me that, but someone else found it before you. (Hint: It was myself :P )

• Edit : never mind. I just realized the reason they were so slow. duh! 2500 EU is a lot. Holy moley, I can't supply enough power even in creative mode! (compact solars isn't installed, so I was cheating in geothermal generators)

The moment I fed more power, the whole factory started auto-crafting a crapton faster.

While you're messing with the autocraft tables, I noticed another problem with them.

They are very slow.

Suggestion : I am guessing the reason they are slow is that you have them scheduled to only activate every 100 ticks or so. I suggest a flag, "used recently", that you set after an autocraft is scheduled. A mere 5-10 ticks later, if "used recently" was set, check if the output slot is still satisfied. If it is not, autocraft again, else if the output slot has something in it, clear the "used recently" flag.

This will cause it to be much more responsive when the autocraft table is actually needed, but not generate any more lag when it is idle.

• Official Post

I suggest a flag, "used recently"

Already there since 2.60b, as mistaqur complained about it (dunno where he got the friggin 5000EU/t back then).

V2.70b:
    Mainly Bugfixes.
    A Config option for making Blockbreakers more expensive, which is OFF per default.
    Added Wolframium Grinder as an equivalent to the Diamond Grinder.

• Already there since 2.60b, as mistaqur complained about it (dunno where he got the friggin 5000EU/t back then).

V2.70b:
    Mainly Bugfixes.
    A Config option for making Blockbreakers more expensive, which is OFF per default.

Yep, just figured this out. I can't supply power fast enough in creative mode, lol. May have to cheat in a fusion reactor :)

• Greg, I'm about to update my world to 1.4.6, are there any specific IDs that I should change in my config, and will I lose any items?

EDIT: Yes, yes I will, my workshop now consists of an MFSU, a floating water block, 2 floating lava blocks, and a bunch of wiring and LV Transformers. Thank god for world back-ups.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited 4 times, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• Thank you very much for the instantaneous! bug fix, Greg. Not only does it work perfectly now, the manager is able to do some stuff that is surprisingly awesome.

For instance, if you have a crafting recipe you think is more important, you can give it a higher priority and the managers on the autocraft tables for the lower priority recipes will give up their raw materials.

And your autocraft table feels MUCH more balanced than the immibis one. A fast auto-factory needs some serious power supply, and it costs a fair amount per table. Can't wait to try a legit playthrough.

Holy shit, I just realized that ANOTHER nasty problem that can occur that your table solves perfectly. Got a non-stackable recipe output? Just use a buffer chest for the output, with the output manager hooked onto the "all sides" part of the output. Your 'adjecent inventory" mode fixes this problem completely.

• Found a bug. I immediately tried to set up autocrafting for one of the hardest possible cases, the one where you use a handsaw to create sub blocks

Bug 1 : your table only returns cobblestone covers and not the specific subblock. Immibis somehow solved this with his.

Bug 2 : You eject the used handsaw into the output slot instead of continuing to use it.

• V2.70b:
    Mainly Bugfixes.

Hi, I have a problem, I use my last config file and I get this>
    Slot 4095 is already occupied by forestry.core.gadgets.BlockStainedGlass@5769c779 when adding gregtechmod.common.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Block@61a705c4

The problem is that the config file does not have the ID 4095. I try removing the old config and let the program create a new one, but the conflict continue and MC does not create a new configfile for gregtech, and crash with the same error.

What can I do?

• Find this line from forestry base.conf:
    I:stained=4044

Your number is possibly different obviously. Try changing it to anything different, might help

• Hi, I have a problem, I use my last config file and I get this>
    Slot 4095 is already occupied by forestry.core.gadgets.BlockStainedGlass@5769c779 when adding gregtechmod.common.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Block@61a705c4

The problem is that the config file does not have the ID 4095. I try removing the old config and let the program create a new one, but the conflict continue and MC does not create a new configfile for gregtech, and crash with the same error.

What can I do?

If you've ever cared to look a little more closely in your config folder, you'll notice a new folder called "GregTech". GregoriusT moved the config file into it's own folder and has more config files than just one.

Now you know.

- Soldjermon