[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I had posted this a few pages back and it got buried, so I figured I'd throw it out there again. I recently restarted my server to get RP and Xycraft world gen and since the new config file was released for Gregtech the config keeps resetting the hard mode recipes to true, although I've changed several of them to false multiple times now. If someone could please give me some insight on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Happy Holidays!

Edit: Sorry for the double forum post. For whatever reason I decided to tinker with my configs one more time and it went through this time. Absolutely love this mod Greg! Keep it up! :D

Edit....Alright so I got the recipe to revert back to normal but now it won't let me pull it out of a crafting table? This is getting very frustrating.

• Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the 'lava' space on the Industrial Centrifuge is for, and how to utilize it? I've checked the wikis and the past twenty pages of this thread, and I've tried both buckets and cells in every slot on the GUI.

• Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the 'lava' space on the Industrial Centrifuge is for, and how to utilize it? I've checked the wikis and the past twenty pages of this thread, and I've tried both buckets and cells in every slot on the GUI.

Try pumping lava directly to the centrifuge..

• Official Post

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the 'lava' space on the Industrial Centrifuge is for, and how to utilize it? I've checked the wikis and the past twenty pages of this thread, and I've tried both buckets and cells in every slot on the GUI.

Pump liquid lava (BC pipes/RP tubes/TE ducts) in it, and centrifuge will produce metal ingots from it (tin/gold/iron*)

*Pyrite -> iron

• Bah. Never thought there'd be an IC2 addon machine that would only take liquid piped in :P Thanks.

Was hoping it'd speed things up. Getting that first bit of Nickel to make the Industrial Blast Furnace to make the Industrial Grinder is... slow.

• Hey Greg, where does saltpeter from RC generate? I need potassium to make the NaK cells.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I've been tampering with taking off a few of the hard mode recipes off of my server, and no matter what I do the server config reverts to default in the recipes section. Can you not change config in an already existing world? I got the change to stick client-side, but am still having no luck on the server. The proper recipe is now showing up on the server, but now the recipes that are changed by Gregtech will not allow themselves to be pulled out of crafting tables.

• I've been tampering with taking off a few of the hard mode recipes off of my server, and no matter what I do the server config reverts to default in the recipes section. Can you not change config in an already existing world? I got the change to stick client-side, but am still having no luck on the server. The proper recipe is now showing up on the server, but now the recipes that are changed by Gregtech will not allow themselves to be pulled out of crafting tables.

I believe you have to change both config of server and client side to make it works..

• Official Post

4. Do not ask for Versionnumbers inside the Name of the Zipfile, I WILL NEVER DO THAT FOR THE MOST RECENT VERSION!!!

This makes no sense. Version numbers do nothing but help people. Or least update the title or first post when last updated. Easy to be outdated.

• V2.72a:
    Added Cells for five of the most important Liquids of other Mods (Bio Diesel, Diesel, Oil, Creosote and Biomass)
    Added Semifluid Generator for anything what is something between a Liquid and a Solid. (Sodium, Creosote, Oil and Biomass for example)
    Added Invar Ingot (Idea from Thermal Expansion). Its Heat Resistance will be used in some of the Generators.
    Added Config to determine the Direction of OreDict-Unification.
    Fixed some Bugs ofcourse.

Not sure what's going on with this update, but if I have GregTech 2.71b installed, NEI works fine, if I upgrade to 2.72a, the search function in NEI doesn't work.
    I downgrade back to GregTech 2.71b and the search function works again. Why on Earth would this be happening? I know you haven't touch the NEI code. There's no reason to, is there?

• I got similar bug, the NEI search function worked but I had to press enter button to search for something in NEI; it's not automatic anymore..

• I bet a diamond in that Greg makes another Update and at least fix the compressor-Sandstone exploit.

Well, at least pls don't remove the sand -> sandstone recipe, maybe increase the amount of sand needed from 1 to 3 so we still can make saltpeter from sand :D, and a benefit of using compressor... (since vanilla mc has 4 sand-> 1 sandstone recipe)..

• I love this addon, its so techy (even tough the normal is me and my bro to blow up the world before getting to use this kind of tech, but, oh well...)

If the space dimension arrives, will it be part of greg-tech, will it be a different addon, or an addon for greg tech.

I trust your coding and creative skills greg, but if the only way to acess other planets is trough "player only" teleports, this will look to much like already existing mods. The best would be if we could build block spaceships and making them fly in order to get to other planets, using only spacegates as a more advanced system for transport, tough that would imply a very large dimmension and i dont know if that is possible.

On the other hand, can someone tell me, would it be possible to make a huge dimmension (space) where players would fly in RP2 spaceships (or any other thing), and upon getting close to a planet (or the illusion of a planet), it would act like a TP, effectivelly taking the player to the surface? The best, along with the spaceship itself.

Well, Merry Xmas everybody, i guess i will have to wait to be able to conquer all of space.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• When I was messing around with the quantum chest I remembered reading about a "holo-grid" in the wiki entry for the electric crafting table, I thought it would be very awesome if the quantum chest displayed a holographic image of the item it contained on the top!

Something like this (cue hastily made concept image):

It would be rendered especially awesome with the new vanilla 3D items.

• Desert biome, or just use pulverizer-compressor exploit to make saltpeter out of sand-sandstone..

Thanks. Does that mean I need Thermal Expansion? I haven't used it since 1.3.2. And how do you do that?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Thanks. Does that mean I need Thermal Expansion? I haven't used it since 1.3.2. And how do you do that?

Yep you need TE for the exploit; simply grab 1 sand, process sand in compressor (IC2) to get sandstone, and then process sandstone in pulverizer(TE) to get 2 sands (with 10% chance to get niter, niter can then be pulverized to get 2 saltpeters and 10% chance of niter), repeat steps..

• Official Post

Thanks. Does that mean I need Thermal Expansion? I haven't used it since 1.3.2. And how do you do that?

Pulverising Sandstone = chance of Niter (that in Macerator = 2 Saltpeter) + 2 Sand, Compressor + Sand = Sandstone, ad infinitum.

When I was messing around with the quantum chest I remembered reading about a "holo-grid" in the wiki entry for the electric crafting table, I thought it would be very awesome if the quantum chest displayed a holographic image of the item it contained on the top!

Something like this (cue hastily made concept image):

It would be rendered especially awesome with the new vanilla 3D items.

Too bad, that I'm not a Designer. Maybe when I'm bored (2 weeks of nothing to do = high probability of being bored).