[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Hi,

1) Using redpower with this mod, and the ore-dictionary equivalences, I think that rubi/sapphires/green sapphires are very common compared to gregtech spawn rates. I think its unbalancing the item crafting making them MUCH cheaper compared to some IC2 vanilla stuffs. Now, I have 10-14 diamonds (normally used in important stuffs in IC2 like bigger batteries and weapons, so they was "my treasure"), but now I also have 2 stacks of rubies and 2 of sapphires, making IC2 batteries and equipment very easy to craft (due the spawn rates of redpower). Can you nerf your equivalences with rubi/sapphires and diamonds used in IC2? maybe "a block of rubies" = "1 diamond" (example) for the recipes?

Unfortunately there is currently no way to remove items from the ore dictionary without breaking recipes everywhere.

Hi,
    2) what's the purpose/usage of unificatortargets configs? can you explain it more? (other explanation). Because wiki is not updated and what I find here is not clear to me.

It tells GregTech which mod's items things should make.

Edit2: Have you thought about making the Gas turbine a multiblock structure? Using the casings in a 3x3x4 blast furnace style. Different casings equate to different pressure of the gas contained, allowing for varying EU/t output scaling from 130-600ish (Consuming more gas)

I just wanted to add that this is what I think of when I think of these turbines (although I haven't tried them in-game yet):

This is a mockup of a gas turbine engine from Space Station 13. For those who haven't played it (or only played it since they stopped having gas turbines as engines):
    Left is a square of reinforced floor, with a pipe and a vent to let gas in from somewhere else, and a reinforced windows on 3 sides keeping the gas in.
    The next two "blocks" are the turbine itself (technically the left one is labelled "compressor" but who cares). The red line is the power cable. The turbine actually consumes energy as the compressor speeds up until it reaches ignition (this was made for fuel+oxygen as the input gas, but IIRC you could also make it work by forcing inert gas through it)
    Then a vent to space (of course the atmosphere would also work, if this wasn't a game set in space).

Edit: if you have played SS13 when it had gas turbine engines, don't complain that the gas will escape through the unblocked side of the input tile, or that it's an inlet not a vent, or that they worked better with the output connected back to the input through a CO2 filter because of the higher temperature - that's why it's a mockup, not an actual fully-working engine.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• immibis you really should get into IC Addon creation ;)

Because I posted something from an unrelated game that also has/had gas turbines?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Because I posted something from an unrelated game that also has/had gas turbines?

No because your a good coder and have great ideas and your skills should be used more ;) Id love to see some real coders like Greg showing up. So tired how so many mods are getting to easy.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

Unfortunately there is currently no way to remove items from the ore dictionary without breaking recipes everywhere.

I could've told ya before. Where is that World-Gen-Mod, which is capable of disabling RP-Ores? Could someone give me a Link (for Advertisement :D ), so people won't complain about RP-Worldgen?

Btw, due to OreDict-Unification my own Ruby/Sapphire-Ores drop RP-Rubies/Sapphires too, and due to hacking into my own Code at the 2 Locations (too lazy to replace all the old Code with proper Code like GT_OreDictUnificator.get("dustIron", null, 1) for example), where I can get my own Items, all my Recipes are automatically Unificated.

And if you really want all your Items to be unificated, then use the Autocrafting Table in Unification Mode, even though its 500EU per Item.

immibis you really should get into IC Addon creation

Isn't there a Force-Field-Addon made by him?

• Isn't there a Force-Field-Addon made by him?

He is maintaining the old MFFS I think also added SMP support and other things. I think at the time things were going down hill. He also does Tubestuff that your missing :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• V2.72
    Fixed some Stuff.
    Improved OreDictUnification, with some IC²-Machine-Recipes
    Fixed your Sandstone Exploit.

Hi Greg, can you fix the NEI search function is not being automatic any more? This happened since I upgraded GregTech to 2.72a and also occur with the latest version (2.72b).

• I'm also having like 3 seconds lag in my NEI search function with Gregtech installed. If I remove it or downgrade to 2.71, the lag is fixed.
    I'm pretty sure Greg is already investigating into this.

• How do you put together an Industrial Blast Furnace? I followed the GUI and it still says Incomplete Machine Casings.

NVM, figured it out. Thought it was like a regular Blast Furnace and just put down the Blast Furnace part. Needed casings.

• that looks... AMAZING! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

• http://www.minecraftforum.net/…eration-updated-dec-21st/

This can remove any block and replace it with any other block. I still havent finished re-writing the script since redpower updated, and have some problems as i do not know what all of the ores are named (so have to use item ids).

I like this as i can make the bauxite into large subsurface deposits and can make ores spawn in the correct area relative to others, still haven't tested if i can get gregtech nether ores to spawn in RP2 volcanoes.

• Official Post

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…eration-updated-dec-21st/

This can remove any block and replace it with any other block. I still havent finished re-writing the script since redpower updated, and have some problems as i do not know what all of the ores are named (so have to use item ids).

You can find out the Names of ALL the Blocks, by looking into the GregTech.log-File inside your ".minecraft"-Directory. Redpower has "tile.rpores" with Damage Values.

Added a List with recommended other Mods.

• Fixed your Sandstone Exploit.

Nooooooooo!!!! Add something to make potassium other than ender pearls.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D